InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ Children ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don't own. You don't sue. Disclaimer complete.

The girl was running around with her friends. This would seem perfectly ordinary, unless the girl was a black-haired inu-hanyou. And if her friends weren't demons or half-demons. Ecspecially if one couldn't shoot spikes like minature wind tunnels, and if one couldn't fly with feathers like metal, or if one wasn't a wolf-demon that could order about the wind.
"Slowpoke!" The wolf teased her. "No one can keep up with me!"
"That's not fair Kotan!" the inu-hanyou cried. "You can run faster then everyone here put together! The only person you can't beat is your dad!"
"Kagosha does have a point." Santu remarked thoughtfully. He had inherited his thoughtful side from his father, who was a monk. Thank Kami he didn't inherit anything else!
"Any thoughts on that Nakago?" the wolf demon called up. She waited for an answer.
"Yeah. Kagosha is right." The bird-demon glided towards the small band, sunlight glinting off of his metal feathers.
"You guys always gang up on me!" Kotan complained half-heartedly. She had all she could ever want. They all did.
"What do you think our birthday surprise will be?" Santu asked. They sighed. It had been a matter of much discussion among them. They all had no clue.
"A new playmate?" Kotan suggested.
"Nah, too boring. A treasure chest of jewels and gold?" Nakago asked. He liked metals.
"I know what it is, but I'm not telling!" A singsong voice called from nowhere. The kids broke into delighted grins. They'd know that voice anywhere.
"Uncle Shippo!" they called. The kitsune appeared out of thin air. He looked about half of his 500 years- youkai-wise that is.
"Hey, everyone has your gifts ready. Better go and get 'em!" Shippo said.
"I'll be first there!" Kotan took off. In seconds she was out of sight.
"Now, that's not fair! I'll give you guys a ride!" Shippo expanded his body and allowed the three remaining children to climb on. Kagosha hugged him as she went past. Shippo was her favorite uncle.
They just came in behind Kotan as they touched down at the glittering white palace. Inside, their mothers and fathers were waiting.
"What the surprise?" Nakago asked eagerly. Kohaku- his father- ruffled his hair.
"You'll see." Nari told her son. Turning to a servant behind her, she asked;
"Is everything here?" The servent nodded.
'Good.' Nari thought. She called to the others in her mind. 'Everything's here!'
'Thanks Nari!' Kagome called, ruffling Kagosha's silky black hair.
"Are you ready for your gifts now?" Kagura asked the kids, inspecting Kotan for bruises- she always managed to get one or two.
"Yeah!" Nakago exclaimed. He was followed by sounds of agreement from the other three.
"Feh, that's all that kids ever say these days. Gimme gimme, gimme......." Inuyasha muttered.
"Like you didn't always demand all of my time and Ramen a few years ago........." Kagome said teasingly.
"Feh." Inuyasha said, grabbing her by the waist and kissing her temple.
"Can we get the surprises now?" Kagosha asked. She had her mother's temprement, but she was also a bit impatient.
"Okay, come on then!" Koga called to all the kids. They eagerly followed the wolf, who was walking so that no one would get lost.
"I know you'll enjoy this......." Miroku said to the kids once they were at the doors. The kids had never been in here before......
"Sugoi!" (A/N: Sugoi= Wow! or Amazing!) Kotan exclaimed upon seeing the room. Her black hair swung about as she glanced at every corner. "Is this stuff really for us?"
"Some of it, yes...." Sango said. She dug through a nearby heap of things- the pile included some sort of armor- pink and black in color- and some sort of old-style clothes.
"What is this stuff mom?" Santu asked. "This went out of date about 500 years ago, in the Warring States Era...." Sango laughed.
"This stuff is my old clothes. Ah, here we are..." Sango picked up an old, dust-covered boomerang of gargantuan size. She hefted it easily.
"It's good to pick up Hiraikotsu again......" Sango said. The kids eyes bugged.
"You mean... those legends you told us... those were REAL!?" Nakago asked.
*Flashback*
"Can you tell us a story?" Kagosha looked at her mom and dad, eyes pleading. There had been a rainstorm that night, and the kids hated rainstorms. "The one about the magic prince and beautiful princess?"
"Sure honey." Kagome said. The others stepped back away from Kagome, finding comfortable places to sit. She was the best at this particular tale.
"Once, a beautiful princess was captured and dragged far away from her home. At the place she was taken to was a handsome prince, but he was enchanted. He had been asleep for many, many years. The princess pulled out the spell binding him, and he awoke and immediantly rose to protect her from danger. They then learned that they were bound together. She could make him drop everything with a word, and he had to protect her life. They traveled far together, meeting new people. A monk, a taijya, a wind elemental, and a wolf." Kagome would continue, talking about the weapons each person used, telling how they had to free the wind elemental from a terrible force and repair a wish-granting object that the princess had broken trying to save someone's life. She'd tell them about the group that had saved a dead boy and brought him back, and his wife, who they had met before facing the greatest evil in the lands. According to her story, two of their number had died before they had finally killed the evil.
"That's a great story.. *yawn* Mama..." Kagosha said. They were all tired now, and the storm had stopped. Kagosha, Nakago, Kotan, and Santu went back to their respective beds and fell asleep.
*End Flashabck*
"Yes..." Kagome was rooting about in another pile, Inuyasha helping her. They sorted through some red robes, some red and white ones, several bows, some quivers, and they finally found what they were looking for.
"Ah, here we go!" Kagome exclaimed cheerfully, holding up a sword for them all to see.
"Tetsusagia!" Kagosha exclaimed. "Sugoi! Who's that for?"
"You," Inuyasha said, handing his old sword to his daughter. "You already know all about it, so I don't have to say another word. Don't go using it one Kotan or the others." Inuyasha warned. Kagosha held Tetsusagia, then placed it respectfully in her belt.
"I will."
"Here we go!" Koga and Kagura held up an ordinary looking fan and a sword.
"Quesusagia and the wind elementals fan!" Kotan cried. She was delighted. She reverently took both weapons and placed them carefully in her belt.
"What about me?" Nakago asked, looking pleadingly at Kohaku and Nari.
"We didn't forget you!" Kohaku brought out his old chain sickle.
"Sugoi!" Nakago just stared at the weapon, like it was a gift from God. Well, one of them anyway....
"And you know what your gifts are." Sango told Santu. He had gotten Miroku's hanofuda, staff, and Hiraikotsu from Sango.
"Thank you!" Kagosha said, hugging both of her parents. What a way to celebrate her 13th- in youkai years- birthday!
"Now, we have to train you on how to use them." Kagome said. They nodded.
"Why?" Santu asked.
"Why what?" Sango asked her son.
"Why give us the weapons? Why make us train? Is something happening?"
"No. Not yet." Koga said darkly. "We have to train you-" He cut himself off abruptly.
"Okay. We will." Nakago said. Everyone knew that Koga had the Gift of seeing the future. "When does training start?"
The conversation drifted to when they were going to train, how, with who, etc. Everyone but one was oblivious to who watched them. Koga wished he didn't know.
'Damnit..... why did Naraku have to be reincarnated, AND retain all of his memories? He's already been possessed by some low-level youkai. Not as powerful as his last incarnation, but he now has experiance........ Damnit!' Koga forced a nice fatherly smile onto his face as he rejoined the conversation.
"You'll practice on the important attacks today and tomorrow, like Bakuryuuha and Crimson Dragon Annilation, as well as Dance of Blades, Corpse Dance, and Dance of the Dragon. Nakago and Santu wil practice with their parents weapons." Everyone nodded. They were used to Koga sometimes giving orders that made no sense to them.