InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Recap:
""Doku kiri!" A mist thick enough to sleep on rose up on Santu's command. Kagosha ran to Malum, reaching out for Malum's knees, her hands glowing ever-so slightly.........."

Contact. A hissing noise sprang up where her glowing palms touched the backs of Malum's knees. He cried out a bit- not much, he'd look weak- and dropped. He'd lost the ability to attack with anything containing Metal or Air- that left him with Earth, Water, and Fire- Water being the most dangerous at the moment. She reached up- hands still glowing, to touch his left armpit, but he whirled around and grabbed her wrists.
"You can't... attack if I have....... your wrists." he grinned, a strange glowing starting in his own palms. A brown-green glow, to be exact, the color of the land. Kagosha's eyes widened. Strange as it may be, her being part water elemental as well as Earth elemental, Earth was one of her weaknesses. She began struggling frantically to get out. At his level of power, at this close a range........ she couldn't dodge. He was hitting one of her weak spots. As soon as he released his attack.......
"Santu, take Nakago and Kotan and run!" Kagosha screamed.
"But-" Santu took a step towards them.
"Now."
'Kagosha-' Kotan's voice echoed in her mind. 'Remember what we practiced? Come over here now- we can make it out!' Kagosha's eyes widened.
*Flashback*
"Mom!" Kagosha yelled. "The boys are being mean again!"
"Now what did they do?" Kagome asked, smiling at her daughter.
"They're playing stupid practical jokes on me." Kagosha scowled. Well, maybe it hadn't been a good idea to short-sheet their beds, or put a small amount of washable blue dye in their shampoo......
"Is it because of the dye thing?" Kagome asked. At Kagosha's sheepish look, she smiled.
"It's only fair then."
"I still want to get away from the for a while." Kagome looked at her for a moment, the smile fading into a weighing look.
"You've been doing your mental excersises, right?" Kagosha nodded. Kagome seemed to come to a descision.
"How would you like to take your training to the next level? I think it would be a good idea for everyone to learn this....." And so began their lessons on ranningu- or, basically, running so fast that you were practically invisible.
*End flashback*
'We're not that good at it yet, but it's worth a shot.' Kagosha thought.
'You mean-? I forgot....... no time though- do we have enou-' Kagosha 'spoke'.
'If you come here right now.' Kagosha closed her eyes and wrenched herself out of Malum's grip, her wrists and arms screaming as they were twisted. She bit her lip to keep herself from screaming.
'Wha-?' Nakago asked, seeing her run.
"Ranningu!" she shouted. they'd get what she meant and run to Kotan- they had to carry her out of there. Weak as she was, she wouldn't be able to conjure the energy for ranningu.
"WhaT?" Malum thundered, turning his gaze to Kagosha as she looked over her shoulder. Their eyes met. She nearly fell- his eyes seemed to hold a power, ice-cold and deadly. Her legs were getting stiff.
'Hypnotism!' Santu's mind-voice said in her ear. 'Ignore it.' She forced herself to blink and turn around again. She realized that Kotan was right by her.
"Kotan!" Kagosha scopped her hurt friend up, slinging Kotan onto her back, then concentrating. She felt the wind currents, saw how it would be best to run. Her aura surrounded her, gloiwng and pulsing with energy enough to run at least a mile or two away- far enough for now. She felt the glowing energy ball that was Santu sling Nakago onto his back. She didn't stay a second longer, feeling that she had stayed longer then she should have. She ran, using the ranningu to speed her feet until it seemed like she was just a breeze blowing through, her afterimage ten paces behind her. She felt, unfortunately, before she was more then three paces away from the gate, a burning sensation on her legs. She nearly screamed, but just bit her lip harder and ran.
They ran. they ran and ran and ran until they couldn't go any farther. They found a small cave and collapsed at the enterance, their eyes closing in sleep. The bones almost showed on Santu and Kagosha, they were so weary from teh ranningu. They didn't even notice the small figure inside the cave, sitting near a small fire, roasting something on a stick. The figure started at the sight of four youkai collapsing at the enterance of her cave.
"Who-?" She shrugged. They were in need of help, and she had extra food. She dragged them- one-by-one- into her hideout, laying them down on some spare mats she had. That done, she covered them with some blankets.
'They'll sleep.' she told herself, laying herself down on the cold ground with no blanket to sleep.
*Next Day*
Weary, very, very weary. The girl fed them some broth she had stolen from one of the nearby towns. Although they were still alseep, they had to eat, especially two of them. One of the girl's- an inuyoukai, it looked like- had horrid burns on the backs of her legs. One of the boys- the black-haired one, not the bird one- was really thin, like they had used all their body could without permanent damage. She sighed and spooned more food into their mouths. They would wake up soon.