InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 19 ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Back with the parents things steadily worsened.
'I hate him! I can't believe he still sees Kikyo in me? How dare he?!' Kagome thought to herself. She had been cold with Inuyasha all day.
'That bitch! I am not supposed to be pitied! If it wasn't for me, she'd be DEAD! And now she thinks that she can marry me out of pity!' Inuyasha stormed around the palace, looking for his wife. 'I guess that that fucked up charade finally wore her down too much. She's been so cold to me today- that bitch...'
"Yo, Kagome!" he called, finally spotting her in their room. "What's wrong with you? Why have you been so cold to me today?!"
'He might not see me as a replacement for Kikyo....' a small voice in the back of Kagome's mind said. She shoved it to the back of her mind.
"It's your fault!" she yelled at him. She softened her glare a bit. "Inuyasha, do you really only see me as a replacement for Kikyo?"
"Who told you that?" he asked her, unaware how that sounded. "I do n-"
"I knew it! I'm so low on your list, you juust marrried me because I reminded you of HER!" Kagome said, throwing her hands up in the air, eyes pouring tears.
"I do NOT! Besides, you only pretend to love me! All you do is pity me, you petty bitch!" Inuyasha yelled, glaring for all he was worth at Kagome.
"How many time shave I told you not to call me that?!" Kagome demanded, glaring right back at her husband. The ground shifted beneath the two- or should I say the earth shifted beneath the two? Kagome's cup of water was going crazy, the water boiling where it stood with the force of her anger. The cup cracked.
"I can call you what I want!"
"Oh.. you... you...." Kagome was lost for words. The cup behind her shattered, glass shards flying in all directions.
"Oh, look! You shattered something else! Let's all take years finding them, kakera-detector!" he said, grinning evily at his bad joke. She shot him a look of disgust, then left.
"YOU clean it up! I am not the maid, and I am certainly NOT your jewel-dectector!"

Koga meditated, but couldn't concentrate. His thoughts kept going back to teh Witch, as he was referring to her in his head. She had tricked him. It wasn't his fault.....
'She should have died a long time ago for what she did!' he thought, growling. He stood up and paced, listening to the shouts from down the hall. Seems like Kagome and Inuyasha were fighting.
'I wish the Witch was here- I could tear her apart then!' For a second, Koga felt something oddly like longing, but eh stopped that thought from going any farther. He did not long for Kagura to be here! he did not like her at all!
Behind him- unnoticed- a fire sprang into being, consuming his dresser.

Miroku scowled. It wasn't like him to be so paranoid- especially of his own wife!- but he couldn't help it. She had been glaring daggers at him all day- serious daggers, not just when she'd mock-glare at him when he groped her in those days past....
'I can't believe I married her. What possessed me to marry a girl desecending from the very same people who let the Shikon Jewel out of their control?' He had a serious look on his face, deep in thought.
'I have to get away from her- I don't think I ever loved her.'

'Miroku's probably thinking about which one of the servants would be best to be his next mistress.' Sango thought, watching the monk. 'So much for the vows we took. 'Love, honor, and obey....''

"Your brother killed me! Your father tried to kill us all!" Kohaku shouted at Nari. She shouted back.
"So now you want my life in return for that, huh? I won't just lay down and die!"
"I wasn-"
"I not this paranoid, but it's obvious! I'm not stupid!" Nari ran out the door, crying. "It's also your fault Mother died! He never would have attacked or broken free had you never existed!
"I almost never lived again! You're blaming your mom's death on me when it's your brother- ah, forget it!" Kohaku swore, dropping down into a chair. She was out of hearing range anyway.
'She wants me dead too. That whole family did. 'Had I never existed....' let's see her try!'

Shippo was sulking in the gardens. He had stopped crying a while ago. Now he had to take revenge.
'Kagome killed my parents- she broke the jewel- so shouldn't I have her life as payment? It's fair...' Shippo thought. He looked up at the sky.
"I'll avenge you, mama, poppa." he said, smiling.
Then the tears fell, again.

Mahkoto groaned. Ow..... that hadn't been a good idea. She was dog-tired and it hurt to move.
"She's awake!" she heard someone say. Feminine voice- probably Kagosha. As much as she'd like to leave her eyes closed, she had to open them. Her curious nature....
Mahkoto opened her eyes, wishing that she could put a hand to her head as well. She had a splitting headache.....
"What are you?" Kotan demanded, glaring at her. "What happened?"
"I really don't feel like talking. Can we drop the subject?" Mahkoto asked.
"No." This time it was Santu who had spoken. She didn't glance over at him, but knew his voice. "Now I am curious, too. Besides, we have a right to know who and what we are in the company of."
"Is everyone curious?" Mahkoto asked, sighing.
"Well....." Kagosha said hesitantly, but it was clear that she wanted to know what was going on. "I am, yeah."
"I'm confused. I may as well be honest about it. What happened?" Nakago asked.
"Can we please drop the subject? How's Kotan?"
"No; I'm fine." Kotan said, not wanting to waste any time with chit-chat. "And why do you care?"
"I don't like it when other people get hurt. Is that such a surprise? I feel sorry for people when they're injured." Mahkoto said, staring at the ceiling.
"Can you just answer one question?" Santu asked.
"Yes. I hope you realize that that was your one question." Santu sighed.
"Two questions then. What are you? Demon or hanyou?" Mahkoto gave a hollow laugh.
"I notice you didn't mention human."
"You can't be. It's a youkai power- it has to be! I've never heard of any human with the power to control Air." Kagosha said.
"Maybe because I'm the first? Or maybe it's because the rest are dead?" Mahkoto asked, smiling wryly. "Yes, unfortunately, I'm human. One hundred percent."
"That's not a bad thing." Nakago argued. "I like my human form. You know our names, so you must know who we are- I know we didn't let any name except Santu's slip. How did you do that?"
"The agreement was for one question. I'm tired. Goodnight." Mahkoto closed her eyes and tried to roll over when a hand grabbed her shoulder.
"Stay up. I want to know who you are. We have a right to know." Kotan said, glaring down at the helpless girl.
"As the God's children, or as people? Either way, you're right, but telling you who I am would also mean having to talk about my past. I really don't need that now." Mahkoto got a terribly sad look on her face then, as if remembering something horrible. She looked haunted by her past.
"We need it. Just tell us- the short version or something. It can't be that bad, right? I mean, you can't be much older then 16!" Kagosha said. Mahkoto glanced up at her.
"Fine. Since everyone's so anxious to learn about me, I might as well clear up any doubts you might have about me, and confirm others." She looked around the room.
"Can someone sit me up? I'd rather not be lying down while I speak." Nakago nodded and helped her sit. She leaned against the cave wall and began to speak. No one knew it yet, but her tale would draw tears, sorrow, pity, and empathy. It would last until midnight.
The only question left was: would anyone sleep?