InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reincarnation Isn't Always a Good Thing! ❯ 27 ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sango sat in her room, sulking. Miroku had to be cheating on her- he'd looki at her sometimes, a hidden emotion in his eyes.
Miroku entered the room quietly. Sango had her back to him.
'She's been angry with me more than usual as of late.' he thought. 'She's probably thinks that she's too good for me- it was her villages fault that I have this cursed hole in my hand!' He replayed his version of events as to how he had been cursed. A) The Jewel had been created, and entrusted to Sango's village. B) Sango's village had chosen Kikyo to protect and had just given her the Jewel to purify, instead of guarding her or bringing her into the village to guard her. C) and finally, Naraku had been born and had cursed his family with the hellhole.
"Why so angry?" Miroku asked her, cross. She looked over her shoulder at him.
"I'm not angry. If anything, you're angry with me!"
"I'm not mad at you! What's with all the death glares, anyway!?"
"Death glares?! Since when do I glare at you?!" Sango demanded, staring him in the eyes.
"All the time!"
"I do not!" Sano protested, glaring at him now. "How dare you say that!"
"How dare I tell the truth?!" Miroku asked, livid.
"The truth!? That is anything BUT the truth, Miroku." Sano said, trying and failing to calm herself down.
"You know I'm right!" He threw hisd hands up in teh air, frustrated and furious by his wife's shouting. "Bye." he said, preparing to stop time. (did we forget who has what power? For those of you who did, I made a list- Miroku stops time and can Summon things, Sango knows all and she can talk to sea creatures, Inuyasha can talk to inanimate objects and land animals, Kagome can See all and Hear all, Koga can See the future and can make things really hot or cold, Kagura can see the past or anything in the present and talk to birds, Nari can Heal and has teh gift of Inner Peace, and Kohaku can remember anything and make things darker or brighter, and lastly, Shippo can sense others emotions and can create such perefct illusions that everyone is fooled- even other kitsunes.)
"Leav-" Miroku cut her off in mid-word, strolling right past her angry face and through the hall, starting time again when he was well away.

Kotan and the others crept through the woods. It was just past nightfall, and they hadn't found Mahkoto at the cave.
"Mahkoto!" Santu yelled, searching near the river. Distantly, he heard the calls of his friends.
He nearly stumbled over what he assumed to be a big root. Roots, however, don't groan lightly when they're hit.
"Mahkoto!" he said, kneeling down next to the sleeping girl.
"Hey guys, I found her!" he yelled. He heard some footsteps, then some more, and then some brush rustling. Kagosha, Kotan, and Nakago poured out from the edge of the clearing.
"Is she okay?" Kagosha asked, seeing that she was still asleep.
"I don't know. She doesn't look good." Kotan said, reaching a hand down to feel the other girl's forehead. She felt it for a second or two, the drew her hand away and made her conclusion.
"Shoot! She's definately sick." Nakago looked at Mahkoto's clothes.
"Maybe it's because she's fallen asleep in wet clothes? Or was drenched while asleep?" he suggested.
"You're right- she's all wet." Santu agreed.
"Let's take her back to the cave and get a fire going." Kagosha said.
"I'll carry her." Kagosha offered.
"It's okay- I will. I'm already wet, anyways." Santu said quickly, pulling Mahkoto up as he stood. He thought about carrying her piggyback-style, but then his back would get wet as well as his front.
'It's easiest just to carry her bridal-style anyways.' he justified his carrying method to himself.
"Let's go." Nakago said.

It took them scant minutes to get to the cave. Once there, Santu gentely laid Mahkoto down while Kagosha and Nakago gathered wood.
"I'll light it when you guys get back. Meanwhile, I'll try to figure out where she keeps medicine, if she has any." Kotan had said.
Now, Santu could hear rustling from far away- no doubt his friends gathering wood.
Kotan was busy in teh back, from the sound of it. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes.
'A short nap won't hurt...' he thought, drifting off.

Kotan dug through a small pack she found in the back of the cave Mahkoto lived in. She had checked everything else, and there had been no medicine. This was her best bet.
'Come on.... don't tell me she has no medicine?' Kotan thought, digging through the small pack. She came across books and some food- even a blanket and a pillow. No medicine, and the pack was now empty.
"I can't believe it...." Kotan grumbled, stuffing everything back in as she heard her friends call her.
"Kotan! We have wood!" Kagosha called cheerfully.
"Coming." Kotan said, dropping the half-open pack.
"Is this enough for the night? I don't know how much wood will help unless her clothes are dry......" Kagosha asked, indicating the wood.
"You're right!" Santu said from his sitting position by Mahkoto- he had woken up a minute or two ago. "Why didn't we think of this before? We have to dry her clothes and keep her warm before she can get better!" He looked at Kotan. "No medicine, huh?"
"No, none."
"Why don't you two boys leave?" Kagosha suggested.
"Okay. Where should I put the wood?" Nakago asked. Kagosha dropped hers next to one of teh cave walls.
"Here's good, now go and wait outside." Nakago did as instructed and followed santu out of the cave.
"Kotan, did you find any sort of blanket or cover? We can't leave the boys out there all nighT!" Kagosha said. Kotan nodded and ran back to get the blanket. She yanked it out of the pack and gave it to Kagosha.
"Okay, so now we just have to get her out of these wet clothes and light a fire." Kotan said. "You start on that and I'll light a fire." Kagosha nodded. Kotan turned her back on Kagosha and gathered some wood, stacking it against each other and using some energy to get a healthy blaze going.
"Okay." Kotan said, turning back to Kagosha. She didn't expect to see someone else sitting next to Kagosha.
"Oh, Mahkoto, you're awake!" she said, surprised. Mahkoto nodded.
"What's with teh fire?" she asked, shivering.
"You're cold- aren't you? Santu thinks that you've caught a cold too. We found you sleeping near teh river in those wet clothes." Kagosha said.
"And you brought me back?" Mahkoto asked. "This is new. And here I was worried that I would nev-" she cut herself off. "Why'd you do that?"
"You were sick and we didn't want it to get any worse." Kotan said. "You'll just get sicker in those wet clothes. We can dry them while you get warm near the fire."
"Okay. What am I supposed to cover up in?" Mahkoto asked, a little mad though it didn't show.
"This." Kagosha held out the blanket. "You should get out of those wet things as soon as possible. We already have a nive fire going."
"Okay. I'll be right back." Mahkoto said, grabbing the blanket and walking to the back of the cave.
"Okay...." Kotan said. "She's shy. Wouldn't have guessed."
"That was odd...... We're all girls here, and the boys are gone- it wouldn't have mattered if she changed here or not.." Kagosha shrugged. "We should get some sleep."
"You guys should. You're leaving tomorrow, aren't you?" Mahkoto stepped from teh shadows, blanket wrapped securely around her. She sat near teh fire.
"We all are. Aren't you coming with us?" Kotan asked.
"You still want me to go?" Mahkoto asked. "I'm just human though- I'll hold you back."
"You should come. You can meet our uncle and our parents!" Kagosha said. Mahkoto smiled a bit, as though pleased.
"Okay." Mahkoto said. She looked around. "Where are the boys?"
"Oh!" Kotan said.
"We sent them outside." kagosha explained. "Santu! Nakago! You can come in now!" Santu came in, followed by Nakago.
"How is she-?" he asked, then noticed that Mahkoto was up.
"I'm fine, Santu." she said. "We should all get some sleep though. We leave tomorrow."