InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Remembering A Summer Day ❯ One Summer Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the cute, fuzzy ears that are on top of the hanyou head (the head I also do not own)
 
 
Author's Notes: This is a revision of the story Remembering A Summer Day. There is not much that I have to say about this story except that this ending (there is another) ends on an angsty note.
 
 
Remembering A Summer Day
 
Ending #1
 
 
It was precisely sunset. The clear summer sky let the vast array of colors glow around the setting sun. Inuyasha stared out into it, pupils slitting at the glow of the light on the horizon as he went over his thoughts. Their hunt for the Shikon-No-Tama had been ever more successful. With several new jewel shards added to their fast growing collection it would only be a matter of time before they would have to challenge Naraku for possession of the jewel shards he currently held.
 
 
A resounding SMACK could be heard for miles around signaling that a certain monk had gotten to close to a currently blushing youkai taiji. Shippou was out with Kaede, the two were picking herbs for the various scratches and bruises that came with the job of running around in Feudal Japan. And for one young Miko, the bruises that came with jumping in and out of wells. Inuyasha looked towards her, the light summer breeze lifting her hair. For a second it flew around her like a halo before leaving it to settle down conveniently in her face. Inuyasha let out a snort before moving towards her, reaching out to tuck the loose strands of hair back in place. Kagome looked up to him, there was the sudden appearance of a light blush on her cheeks as she realized that his hand had not left her face, and that his thumb was idly stroking her cheek.
 
 
“Inuyasha…”
 
 
“Kagome…”
 
 
Inuyasha knelt down in front of her, slowly placing his head upon the girl's lap. With the now fully set sun, his hair grew to the color of midnight, and his eyes that of amethyst. Her hand idly ran through the smooth locks of hair, and a deep purring sound resonated from his throat. Her eyes closed and she wished that this moment could go on forever. But the day was growing late and her own time; her own life was calling her back towards the well. Looking down at Inuyasha she smiled sadly and he nodded and sat up. He took her hand and gave it a light squeeze. Taking in her scent he couldn't help himself as he lent forward pressing his lips to hers. Her lips were soft, warm, moist, sweet. . . so good. . .
 
 
Inuyasha could have lost himself in that moment, in that day. . .But he knew that she would have to go back to her own time, and he loosened his grip on her, moving away. He was no longer quite the same stubborn Inu hanyou that he had been only three years before. Soon the quest for the Shikon No Tama would be over. And he knew that Kagome would go back to her own time. He would not fight her, he would not try to stop her, now he knew his feelings. That he truly did. . .
 
 
<HR>
 
 
“It's over, it's finally over.”
 
 
The bitterly cold winter wind carried the scent of death. Two full demons stood in the middle of the gory battle scene. A fallen Naraku, a slain monk, an unmoving kitsune-youkai, a dead youkai taiji, and a young girl were all lying scattered around the area of debris and blood. Inuyasha knelt down once again in front of the girl and whispered to the loveliest of the slain figures
 
 
“I love you Kagome.”
 
 
And he stood, letting her go in a way that he hadn't expected to only a half year before. Deep in his heart knowing that he would have preferred to lose her to time then to death. He followed his half-brother back to his fortress in the Western Lands. But after a few paces he turned around, looked up at the setting sky and shed a tear. Remembering that summer day, when he had truly known, that he had fallen for the girl from the future, and that he would wait for her, until she was born again. . . .
 
 
Author's Note: Well that's it. . . If you want the WAFF ending go on to the next chapter.