InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Nineteen: Search and Rescue ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Greetings! A quick announcement: InuGirlTeen has asked that I mention her new web site in my author's notes. So, here it is.

http:// w w w. f r e e w e b s. c o m / i n u y a s h a a d v e t u r e s / I n d e x . h t m

Just take the spaces out of this address and you will go to a new fanfic and information site. It looks promising, so be kind. Thanks for the reviews! I hope that my story continues to amuse and entertain you. And now, it is time to get on with the amuseing and entertaining. I don't own Inuyasha or his friends.

As Kagome stepped away from Sango to follow Inuyasha and the impudent maid who followed him, she found her way blocked by two of the servants. "My lady!" they chorused. "Please wait! We are to escort you to your room and to your bath before dinner!"

"Excuse me, please! I need to catch up to Inuyasha!" Kagome craned her head to look for him over their shoulders. She caught a glimpse of him just as he passed through a doorway and that was all. She pushed her way past the two protesting girls and made her way to the doorway she had seen him disappear into. But when she got there, she only saw an empty hallway. A low growl of frustration escaped her lips. 'How could they disappear so fast?!' she thought. Before she could set foot in the hallway to continue her search, they two servant girls appeared before her again.

"Please, Lady Kagome! We must show you to your room!" the two said, in unison.

"I need to find Inuyasha! Why don't you take me to his room?"

"Lady Kagome! That wouldn't be proper! Besides which, we do not know what room he has been given!" again, in unison.

Kagome stared down the hall in frustration. Then, an odd thought came to her. She turned and looked at the serving girls. "How do you know my name? I didn't tell you and I wasn't introduced."

The girls giggled and answered at the same time. "Master Daremo sent word ahead that you were arriving and he told us of the two ladies that he had in company with him! Now please let us take you to your room and bath!"

Kagome looked down the hall again. 'This is just great! Unless I start banging on doors or shouting Inuyasha's name up and down the hall, I'll never find him!' sigh "Alright! Take me to my room." she said with resignation. "I just wanted to make sure that Inuyasha was alight."

"Very good, my lady!" they chimed in together. Kagome looked at them sharply. That was beginning to freak her out! They giggled again, "Besides, Riochi will take good care of him!"

"What do you mean?" Kagome's voice was low and not very friendly.

"He is very handsome and related to the Lord Tanaka. Riochi is very ambitious!"

"She had better keep her hands off of him! He is my mate!"

"Oh, she would never dream of marrying him! He is a hanyou, after all, but she would definately become a concubine!" The two giggled again. "She has had a lot of experience. We are sure that Inuyasha will be in good hands!"

Kagome did something then that she had never done before. She reached out and grabbed both girls by their collars and slammed them into the nearest wall. "Take! Me! To! Him!" Each word punctuated by a shove back into the wall.

The frightened girls began crying. "My lady, please! We really don't know where he is!" They both began to sob.

Kagome released them, appalled at what she had done. Then her expression hardened, "You may not know where he is, but the innkeeper is sure to know. Take me to him!"

"At once, my lady!" they squeaked out and then hurried off.

Kagome hurried after them. 'That woman had better keep her hands off my man!' she thought, darkly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha stalked after his guide. She soon stopped before a door and gestured for him to enter before her. After he entered, she and the other two girls followed him. "I hope that the room is to your liking, my lord."

"Feh!" Inuyasha glared at the room. "I've stayed in worse." he stated, crossly. Actually, he had never stayed in anything as nice as this room but he just didn't like rooms. He prefered the open sky with its stars and fresh air. He shook himself slightly and glared at the three girls. "Alright! You've shown me to my room, now leave!"

"But we need to show you to your bath." This came from the girl who had offered to scub his back. Something about this girl raised his hackles but Kagome had ordered him to be nice.

groan "Very well! Show me to my bath then leave me alone!"

The woman smiled. "My lord, one of the features of this room is that the bath is attached to it."

"Huh!" Inuyasha was impressed in spite of himself. The idea of a bath room attached to ones bedroom was something that Kagome might have taken for granted, but it was a revolutionary idea for this time period. 'This will make Kagome feel at home.' "Are all the rooms furnished like this one?"

"Yes, my lord!" chimed in the girl who had escourted hm to his room. "All the rooms have an attached bath."

"Good. My friends will enjoy that. I didn't want to think that I was getting something that they weren't." He turned to face the girls. "Now you may leave, I don't need help bathing!"

"But, my lord!" protested the girl that made him uncomfortable.

"Leave!" he repeated, firmly.

The girl sighed. She seemed to put a lot into that sigh. sigh "Yes, my lord. I will return with your towels." 'Alone.' she thought.

The three girls left the room. After the door closed behind them, they began whispering among themselves. "He's so handsome." said the girl who had offered to bring back towels.

"Riochi! Don't even think about it! I hear he has a betrothed!"

"That doesn't bother me! And it doesn't bother most of the men I've known either!" she stated, with a laugh.

"But, he's a hanyou!" said the girl who had been silent.

"So, he's a hanyou! I'm not trying to marry him! I just want to please him and maybe get a kept status from a relative of the Lord Tanaka! Besides, his being a hanyou could prove interesting. I've heard things about demons as lovers and I want to see if they are true!" This said, Riochi flounced off for the towels.

"I don't think this is going to end well." said the one girl to the other.

The other girl took a deep breath and let it out in a whoosh. "I don't think it will either, but that's Riochi's problem. Maybe she'll get what she deserves, this time."

The first girl giggled. "I certainly hope so! Now, let's get to the kitchen for dinner!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha opened the door to his bath. He nodded in satifaction as he took in the large tub filled with steaming water. His friends may believe that he didn't like baths but that was far from the case. He just preferred to bath in complete solitude. A hot bath was one of the only times that he relaxed completely. However, because he relaxed so much, he tuned his reflexes to a higher sensitivity than usual. It sounded strange, but he actually was faster to react when he was soaking in a tub or a hot spring than at almost any other time. He closed the door behind him and circled the tub trailing his hand in the water to test the temperature. He nodded to himself in satisfaction and began to disrobe. When he was fully naked, he started to climb into the tub when he stopped and turned his head to look at the door. He thought he heard a noise but when it didn't repeat itself, he just shook his head, thinking that he had been hearing things. Little did he know that he had definately not been hearing things.

On the other side of the door to the bath, Riochi was peeking through a crack in the wall. She had gasped when she had seen the nude hanyou. He was beyond handsome! She had never seen a leaner, more beautifully built body. And, she actually blushed, what she had heard about demons was apparently true. 'This is going to be better than I thought.' she thought, dreamily. 'He is sooo good looking, and he is about to be mine!' She bent to look through the crack again and watched Inuyasha begin to relax in the tub. Now was her chance! She picked up the stack of towels that she had set on the floor next to her and brazenly pushed open the door to the bath. "I brought you your towels, my lord!" she called out.

Inuyasha's reflexes kicked in and he stood quickly, about to reach for a weapon that he didn't have on when he realized who it was. He looked at the widened eyes of the servant girl and hurriedly sat back down into the water. 'Oh, great!' he thought. 'When Kagome finds out about this, she'll sit me for a week!' "Don't you know how to knock! Just leave the towels over there and leave!" He closed his eyes and leaned his head back.

"My lord?" called a voice softly.

Inuyasha looked at the girl crossly. "What do you want, wench?"

She smiled at him seductively and shrugged her shoulders out of her kimono. "Are you sure that you don't want me to scrub your back?" she asked as the kimono hit the floor.

Inuyasha's mouth dropped open and he stared at the girl for a moment. When he finally found his voice, he spoke with passion.....the passion of anger. "Get out!" he shouted.

Riochi looked at him, her smile fading. "Oh, come on! No one will know! Let me please you! I am very good at that sort of thing. Probably much better than your betrothed!"

"Leave Kagome out of this and get out! I have no need of a whore!"

Riochi's eyes narrowed in anger. "How dare you call me that? I want no money. You ungrateful hanyou, you should be begging me for the opportunity to bed you!" She crossed her arms over her bare chest in anger and huffed. Then, suddenly a dangerous light came into her eyes. "You will bed me! I've seen your body and I want it!"

"It will be a cold day in hell before I take you to my bed!" shouted Inuyasha. "Now, get out!"

"I don't think so, my beautiful demon lover. You will do as I say or else."

"Or else what, wench. I am about to throw you out of this room!"

"You lay a hand on me and I will swear that you tried to rape me. And who will they believe? An innocent servant girl or a filthy hanyou?! What will your precious Kagome think?"

"I don't know about others," came a cold voice from the door of the bath, "but I will always believe in my mate."

Riochi spun to face the voice in the door. That was unfortunate for her. She spun right into the fist of one very enraged miko and dropped like a rock. Kagome turned to look at the manager of the inn, rubbing her wrist. "I hope that you have an appropriate punishment for this."

The managers face was red with anger. He gestured for two of his men to come in and pick up the unconsious girl. "Do not worry, my lady. She will be dealt with." He turned and left the room.

"Uh, Kagome?" asked a voice from behind the still seething young woman. She turned to look at Inuyasha in his tub. "What?" she snapped.

"Nice punch?" he said, tentatively.

Kagome looked at him and started giggling. This turned into laughter that Inuyasha joined in on. After the laughter died down, Kagome looked at her man fondly. "Oh, Inuyasha?" she called, in a singsong kind of voice.

"What, Kagome?"

"Why don't I scrub your back?"

A/N: And that is all for now. I hope that you enjoyed it. By the way, I am including a poem written by my eldest daughter in these author's notes. It is not an Inuyasha poem but it is a nice little poem and I am very proud of my little girl for writting it. She is 16 now.

Thoughts of a Dragon

I am strong.

I am fierce.

Heh, I'm lyin' to myself.

The truth be told,

Plain and simple I am old.

I am older than you could ever guess.

So old that I breath my fire less and less.

I have a horde, but not of gold and jewels as you might think.

My horde is made of butterflies.....yes, butterflies.

Ever since I was young I was strange.

I didn't eat maidens for lunch.

I found them unpleasant to munch.

Ok, maybe I toasted a village or two,

But what's a bored dragon supposed to do?

I feel myself fading away as magic grows thinner.

All my friends and family are gone.

Gone to a dimension that will let them live strong.

But I was attached to this world and its beautiful butterflies.

Where I can fly and fly in the never-ending skies.

But I gave up so much to live in this world I cherish.

So long without magic and family that I must perish.