InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Thirty-six: Past Love ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter Thirty-six
 
A/N: First things first, I wish to thank everyone for their kind reviews of my last chapter and for the kind words for the beginnings of my novel. I would like to say thanks to LunaML and SimplyALady for their advice, "Appreciate it, Ladies!". Next, I would like to thank all those who read and reviewed my attempt at a lemon. I am glad that you liked 'One Night Stand'. Since it is a one shot, I thought that I would issue my thanks here. By the way, a 'Thank you.' to Ladyhwk for reminding me that I need to update my bio info! Oh yes, one other thing, to SimplyALady: My dear, I stand 6'4" and weigh a little over 300 lbs. Poking me in the arm and threatening me for an update could be a bad thing, laughs, but it isn't. I'm used to fiesty women; my wife is one! Truly, I don't mind the friendly threats. I take them as they were meant to be, a fun way of letting me know that you like my work and are just a little impatient with my writing pace. Anyway, it is time for me to attempt to entertain you again. hums 'Let Me Entertain You' Honorable mention to the person who can get that obscure reference. Anyway, I don't own Inuyasha or his brother, I'm just borrowing them for a little while.
 
Daremo did a double take when he saw Lord Tanaka come around the corner with Inuyasha and the others.
"M,my lord? How did you get out here?"
"Out here?" repeated Tanaka. "What do you mean, 'Out here?' This is the first time I have been here this evening."
"But I let you in earlier." Daremo insisted.
Inuyasha started laughing. "Pay up, Genki! I told you he would get past Daremo."
Daremo was looking confused. "My lords? What is going on? Who is 'he'?"
Kagome giggled at the look of confusion on Daremo's face and took pity on him. "We think Shippou and Rin decided to see Yukiho and Takara."
"So, he impersonated Lord Tanaka?"
"It would appear so." answered Miroku. "He is a most resourceful kitsune."
"Yeah." said Inuyasha, with some fondness. He glanced at Kagome. "Let's go get the runt." As he stepped toward the door, Daremo interposed himself.
"I cannot let you pass without permission from my lord."
Inuyasha looked at him in disbelief. "Daremo, just who do you think that is?" he indicated Lord Tanaka.
"He could be the kitsune and the real Tanaka could be in Yukiho's chambers."
Inuyasha's mouth dropped open. Then he snapped it shut and glared at Daremo. "Genki? Will you handle this?"
Genki shook his head. "Daremo, I admire your dedication to duty. That is one of the reasons that you have been my most trusted vassel. However, I must also admit, that at times, your mental capabilities can be found lacking. Let him pass, Daremo."
"Your pardon, my Lord, but I have no prof that you are the true Lord Tanaka."
Genki's eyebrow lifted. "Very well, Daremo. You require proof? Then I shall tell Takara about a certain teenager that I caught spying on her in her bath."
Daremo's face went red and then white as he heard Miroku chuckle, Inuyasha snort, and Kagome and Sango giggle. "M-m-my lord? You wouldn't?"
"Do you accept me as the true Lord, then?"
"Hai, my Lord! My lord Inuyasha? You may enter."
Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow at his cousin. "Thank you, cousin."
Genki gestured toward the door. "Anytime, cousin."
 
8888888888888888888888888888888
 
Yukiho and Takara looked up at the sound of the door opening. Hope sprang into Yukiho's face as she saw Inuyasha. It was quickly dashed by the look on his face and by the presence of his companions.
Shippou and Rin had looked up, as well. Their reaction was slightly different. Both 'Eeeped!' in sudden fear. Rin burrowed down in Takara's arms to try and hide from her lord. Shippou scooted around behind a futon and began with, "Mama-Kagome? Papa-Inu? What are you guys doing here?"
"Oi, runt!" Inuyasha took a step toward his son. "You know why we are here. Now get your tail over here!"
Said tail drooping, Shippou complied, with a mumbled "Hai, papa-Inu." When he stood before his adopted parents, he began to sniffle.
"None of that! We haven't punished you, yet." As Shippou looked at him with some hope of a repeive in his eyes, Inuyasha clarified. "Your mother (Yukiho cringed at his choice of words) and I have to decide on your punishment. We actually favor something that your Uncle thought of." Inuyasha started to nod his head in Sesshoumaru's direction, but stopped when he saw the expression on his brother's face.
For his part, Sesshoumaru had been ignoring the by-play between Inuyasha and his kitsune son. His primary concern was Rin. He had seen her when he had first entered the room and it had surprised him to see her in Takara's arms. Or, perhaps it would be better to say, that the feeling he got from seeing Rin in Takara's arms is what surprised him. It warmed him to see her smiling with his ward in her lap. He felt a warm pulsing at his side, and without thinking about it, laid his hand on the hilt of Tensaiga. His vision jumped and he had a sudden expansion of his sight. A form overlaid itself on Takara, like a translucent shadow that mimiced her movements. As his eyes adjusted to what he was seeing, the shadow seemed to become very familiar to him. That was when Inuyasha turned to look at him.
"Sesshoumaru?" Sesshoumaru turned his head to look at his brother. His eyes were drawn to his brother's mate. He saw the same overlay on Kagome that he saw with Takara. It was of the miko, Kikyo and he realized that it could only mean one thing. He quickly looked back at Takara and saw her and the overlay looking at him in concern. Now, he could see the shadow clearly and it rocked him to his core. It was his mate! His control snapped and his long pent up pain and loneliness poured into him. "Takara!" he groaned and then leapt to her side. Gathering both her and Rin up in his arm as if they were nothing, he spun to glare at the gasping people around him. He growled savagely and then transformed into a ball of light before shooting through the ceiling.
Inuyasha stared at the hole in the ceiling with the rest of the people that had been left behind. Dimly, he heard the babble of voices asking what was going on and Yukiho screaming at Sesshoumaru to bring back her daughter. What was echoing in his mind was Sesshoumaru's last words before he left. His growl had been in the language of the inu-youkai and had consisted of two words; "My mate!"
 
A/N: Sorry this is so short but I have been sick with the flu and I just wanted to get this one over with. I'll make it up to you, I promise. Besides, I had a bit of writers block over this and now I think its over. crosses fingers At least, I hope so.