InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter Thirty-seven ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter Thirty-seven
 
A/N: Hi, guys. Sorry about the delay, but I just haven't been very motivated lately. Too much work and not enough play makes Fyrloche a very dull boy! Of course some people would say I'm pretty dull anyway, more's the pity. Oh, well. Now it's time to get on with this story. By the way, I don't own Inuyasha, but if enough of us get together, maybe we could stage a hostile takeover.
 
Inuyasha was still staring at the hole in the roof when Inutaro came running into the room.
 
Inutaro went straight to his weeping mother. "Mother! What happened?"
 
"He took Takara!" Yukiho wailed.
 
Inutaro went still. "Who took Takara?" When his mother didn't answer but continued to wail, he took hold of her shoulders and shook her, lightly. "Mother, who took Takara?!" he demanded. He felt a soft hand on his shoulder. He turned to look into the eyes of Kagome.
 
"Sesshoumaru took your sister."
 
Inutaro was startled. "What? Why?" Then he growled, low and deep. "Never mind! I don't care why, I'm getting her back." He ran to the hole in the roof and was about to leap through it when another hand on his shoulder stopped him.
 
"No, you're not."
 
Inutaro stared at his father in shock, as did everyone else in the room. He shook of Inuyasha's hand. "I have to get her back before he hurts her!"
 
Inuyasha snorted. "Trust me, he isn't going to hurt her!"
 
"And what makes you so sure of that?" asked Inutaro, belligerantly.
 
"Indeed, cousin." Lord Tanaka had come up on the pair, as had the others. "What makes you say that? Just because he is your brother?"
 
"Not hardly!" Inuyasha snorted. A look of concern crossed his face. "Sesshoumaru called her 'My mate' in inuyoukai before he went through the roof, so I kind of doubt that hurting her is what he has in mind."
 
"WHAT?!" bellowed Inutaro. "Why would he call his mate?"
 
"I don't know! But I'll bet that a certain little toad knows what's up. He's been acting wierder than usual lately and I'm betting that he could shed some light on this."
 
Yukiho had stopped weeping and had come up to Inutaro's side. "Inuyasha, please help me! Please bring my daughter back!"
 
Inuyasha looked at her coldly. "Why should I help you?"
 
Yukiho's eyes teared up. "Please, Inuyasha! She has nothing to do with what is going on between us."
 
"Yukiho's right, Inuyasha." Kagome's voice carried over Yukiho's tears.
 
Inuyasha grimaced and turned his head to look at his mate. He should of known that her soft heartedness would soon kick in.
 
"You know I'm right. Takara is innocent in all this."
 
groan "I know that!" sigh "Alright, Yukiho. I'll follow Sesshoumaru and make sure that she is unharmed. But, only after I talk to Jaken. He has answers to some of the questions as to why Sesshoumaru suddenly thinks he has a mate and why Takara is it."
 
"I'm going with you!" Inutaro was belligerant.
 
"I don't think so." Inuyasha looked at his son in irritation. "You're even more of a hot head than I am and I don't need to keep you from getting killed by my brother! I'm going to have enough trouble getting close to him with him being in full mate protective mode."
 
"She's my sister!" shouted Inutaro.
 
"That won't keep Sesshoumaru from killing you if you try to take his 'mate' away without his permission!" Inuyasha rounded on Yukiho in frustration. "Didn't you teach this pup any youkai etiquite?"
 
"Like you have ever stood on etiquite." muttered Shippou.
 
"You, shut up! You're still in trouble for leaving without our permission." Shippou eeped and ducked behind Kagome. Inuyasha growled and looked back at his son. "If you promise to behave yourself and do everything I say, and I mean everything, I will let you come with me."
 
Inutaro managed to look sullen and eager at the same time. He nodded his head and said, "Whatever it takes to get my sister back."
 
Inuyasha grunted. "Alright then. Let's go see a toad about a dog."
 
888888888888888888888888888888
 
Jaken had been following the trail of his master. He was tired and irratable. He had gotten lost in the woods trying to find his way back to the inn. After several hours of wandering, he had finally come upon a road leading back into town and had gotten to the inn only to find that his lord had gone out in search of Rin. "Miserable girl!" he muttered. "Even when I'm not with her, she finds a way to make my life worse!" He then let out a deep sigh, looked to the heavens with a 'Why me, Kami-sama?' look, and set out to follow his lord. Jaken had just reached the manor house when a globe of light erupted from the roof. Jaken's eyes widened and he gasped as he recognized it as Lord Sesshoumaru. "Lord Sesshoumaru?! Lord Sesshoumaru! Wait for me, my lord!" Jaken took off in all haste to follow his lord. Unfortunately, he was too busy keeping an eye on which way the orb of light was going to pay attention to where he was going. At full speed, he slammed into a column and knocked himself out cold.
 
And this was how Inuyasha and Inutaro found him.
 
8888888888888888888888888888888
 
A sudden shock of cold water brought Jaken to immediate wakefullness. "Aaaahhhh!" he screamed. "Who? What? Where?" he sputtered, then he shook his head. Not a good idea. Both his hands went to his head and he groaned.
 
"Ooohhh! My head!" He looked up to see Inuyasha, who was holding a bucket, and Inutaro watching him. He immedately launched into a tirade. "You miserable hanyou! What did you hit me with and why did you dump water all over me? I have to find Lord Sesshoumaru." He got up and began to stagger in the direction that he had last seen the ball of light going. Began is the operative word. He suddenly found himself dangling from Inuyasha's claws.
 
"Not so fast, Jaken. We are going after Sesshoumaru but not until you answer a few questions." Inuyasha shook him slightly, for emphasis.
 
"And if I refuse?" blustered the little toad demon.
 
Inutaro cracked his knuckles, slowly and loudly. Inuyasha cocked an eyebrow at his son and grinned. "That might not be a good idea."
 
Jaken paled. "I see your point." he agreed, quickly. He sighed, deeply. "Very well, since I aparently have no choice but to answer your foolish questions so that you will let me go to my lord, get on with it." He was not prepared for the first question, though.
 
"Why would Lord Sesshoumaru kidnap my sister and call her his mate?" Inutaro asked, before Inuyasha could get a chance to say anything.
 
Jaken paled even more, turning so light a green that Inuyasha became alarmed. "Stay with us, Shorty. Don't go fainting on us now! We need answers!"
 
Jaken visably gathered his wits. "What happened? Tell me, quickly! I need to know what happened before my lord took the Lady Takara."
 
Somewhat taken aback by this sudden change in Jaken, Inuyasha set the toad demon down and knelt beside him. "Damned if I know. All I saw was him staring at Takara with his hand on Tensaiga, then he looked at Kagome, then back at Takara. He rushed over, grabbed her and the kid, Rin, growled 'MY mate!' in inuyoukai and then blasted through the roof. Does that help or has my brother finally gone crazy?"
 
Jaken sat down, heavily. "Oh, my poor lord." he moaned. "I was afraid this would happen ever since I saw that hanyou girl."
 
"Jaken, you're not helping! What are you babbling about?!" Inuyasha was getting frustrated. "What is so special about Takara?"
 
"She is the very image of my lord's deceased mate." Jaken said in a subdued voice.
 
"What?!"
 
"Except for the ears, you stupid hanyou, she looks exactly like Lord Sesshoumaru's deceased mate, whose name was also Takara." Jaken said in some exasperation, as if this were common knowledge.
 
"I never knew he had a mate. I didn't think any woman would put up with him!" He held up his hand at the murderous look that Jaken shot him. "Alright, alright! No more cheap shots! What happened to her?"
 
Jaken hesitated and then, to Inuyasha's astonishment began to cry. With a halting voice he told them the tale of rape and murder, and of how his lord had found her and their child. Inuyasha's ears flattened against his head and he growled, low and vicious. "Damn them!"
 
"They are already damned!" Jaken replied with satisfaction. "My lord hunted them down and slew them all, except for the bandit leader. My lord's hatred for him and his thirst for revenge was never satisfied, but he was slain in a fire. Of all the bandits, my lord wanted Onigumo the most."
 
Inuyasha turned white and his jaw dropped open. "Who did you say?" he asked in a hoarse whisper.
 
Jaken looked at Inuyasha in puzzzlement. "Onigumo. He was the leader of the bandits. He had seen the Lady Takara and lusted after her so he found a way to get at her." Jaken looked at Inuyasha in mystifacation as the hanyou got visably upset and enraged. "What is your problem?"
 
"Damn! Damn! Damn!" swore Inuyasha. "I have to find Sesshoumaru for another reason than Takara now."
 
"What?" exclaimed Inutaro. "Why?"
 
"He needs to know that Onigumo didn't die in that fire."
 
Jaken gasped. "He didn't?! B,b,but what happened to him then?"
 
Inuyasha's voice was grim. "He became Naraku."
 
A/N: Good Lord, that was the worst case of writer's block I have ever had! I think that the dam is broken now and I can get back to my creative work again. I apologize for the lengthy delay in writing this but I hope that it was worth the wait. The next chapter will be much sooner, I promise. I am also going to be writing a chapter for 'Be Careful What You Do'. I had a request for a chapter, so I thought 'Why not?'. See ya' later, Fyrloche. P.S. -- To Simply a Lady: I like the name of Inuyasha and Kagome's son in your fic 'Sweet Sensual Heat'. I wonder where you got it from? Bye.