InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rin's Little Adventures ❯ Episode One: Sesshomaru-sama's Allergy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Rin's Little Adventures:

Episode One: "Sesshomaru-sama's Allergy"

~*~

It was a beautiful, almost picture perfect day, what with the sky being so blue and the flowers in full bloom. But alas, the view was still lacking one important detail. "Sesshomaru-sama? Are you coming outside?" A young girl around the age of six or seven called through an opening of the large castle doors. She then resumed her activity of picking flowers in a rambunctious way, picking the petals off and scattering them into the slow breeze.

Hearing the rustling of clothes behind her, Rin turned and flashed a toothy grin to the tall taiyoukai she had called too just minutes before. She loved her Sesshomaru-sama and knew that he would always protect her no matter what. Plus, he was also too pretty and always deserved a smile. She ran to her father figure and embraced his leg, hugging him tighter when he placed his massive hand on her small head. "Do you wanna pick flowers with Rin, Sesshomaru-sama?"

"Even though the idea seems all too appealing, I would be content just to watch you, Rin," He replied, his tone of voice gentler than it would have been with Jaken but still rather gruff and stony. Rin didn't mind though. She knew that was just how her Sesshomaru-sama was.

"Okay," She replied, slightly disappointed but scampered off to go and get a handful of flowers to give to him as a gift. Sesshomaru sat down, watching his charge pluck the flowers from his well-kept garden with vigor. She was so full of energy that sometimes he felt he could not keep up with her. But as of now, he just wanted to stay away from those flowers and pollen all together.

He buried himself in his brooding, caught off guard when Rin shoved a bouquet of flowers in his face, the pollen flying up his nose. His first instinct was to take the flowers she had plucked and melt them with the poison from his hand but seeing her curious and accomplished smile, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead, he did something Rin had never seen him do before. He sneezed and it was not a tiny sneeze. It blew her back a few feet and she lost her balance.

Rin jumped up and tossed the flowers, watching as he rubbed his eyes quickly before he cleared his throat and straightened up as if nothing had happened. "Did Rin hurt you Sesshomaru-sama? Rin is sorry!" She apologized, bowing a few times but she saw him raise his hand to shush her.

"It is all right, Rin. I am just allergic to pollen," He said, his voice somewhat groggy but he was still his unmovable, stoic self.

"Allergic? What is allergic?" The young girl asked, her brow scrunching in confusion. The demon lord inhaled and was about to explain it when Rin plopped down into his lap. Taken off guard, he stiffened but then relaxed a bit, allowing her to sit properly.

"Allergic means that if I breathe in the yellow secretion that comes from flowers, Rin, that I will sneeze and my eyes will water," He explained calmly.

"So… Sesshomaru-sama can't have flowers?" Rin asked as she mentally was working everything out.

"Yes, I can't have flowers," He replied with a nod. Rin jumped up, her eyes big and brown.

"Ok! More flowers for Rin then!" She squealed with glee and tore off to go pick another bouquet of flowers.

THE END

(Do you like the new series that I've started? Review please!)