InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Remember or Forget the Tetsusaiga ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 10: Remember or Forget the Tetsusaiga

“Ugh, my head hella hurts.” InuYasha said as he sat up from the floor. Floor? “Miroku! Did I drink something last night? And how did I end up on the floor?” InuYasha stood holding his head.

“Morning sunshine how is the little monkey this morning?” Miroku came in with a cup of coffee. He lifted the cup and sipped the hot liquid. He held a newspaper in the other hand.

“Morning ha! Why can’t I remember anything? You didn’t spike my drink again, did you Miroku? Did I even drink?” InuYasha said as he sat at the edge of the bed. He rubbed his temples. “Why does my mouth taste like roses?”

“Here’s the newspaper from yesterday. You’ve been out cold for two days. And I don’t know why your mouth tastes like that.” Miroku handed the paper to the glaring hanyou.

InuYasha opened the paper and looked at the headline. “Lead singer of The Demons faints onstage.” he read aloud. “After singing his song called ‘Fight for all the wrong reasons’ InuYasha Takahashi suddenly collapses. The drummer Miroku Hidaka had ran to the rescue of his partner but came too late. A dark haired girl had caught the falling star before he had. Miroku quotes ‘ InuYasha wasn’t taking any drugs nor had he drunk. He had got over worked during the prep for the performance and had got hardly any sleep. He passed out from sheer exhaustion.’ when the paper asked him who the girl was he answered ‘as soon as she caught him she ran off, I haven’t seen her since.’” InuYasha paused and looked up at the monk who seemed interested in his shoes.

“According to our sources InuYasha is a student at the elite Ryu Academy. He got the highest score on the Ancient Fighting Styles test he had taken in March. He scored 2999 out of 3000. Their first record is due out in a month.” InuYasha stopped reading, tossed the paper to the floor and lay back on the bed. “It was a memory of fire. Wasn’t it?” InuYasha asked Miroku.

“Bud, I have no clue. ” Miroku said walking out the door. He sipped the coffee and pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. “By the way, the school wants you to make a speech on the fact that you are okay.”

InuYasha stared at the ceiling and sat up. He walked to his dresser pulled the drawer open before remembering he hadn’t put his stuff away yet. He turned to his bags and pulled a set of new clothes and walked to the bathroom carrying a towel, soap, shampoo and conditioner.

He shut the door turned the shower on, stripped down and stepped into the hot stream of water. He set his head against the cool tile of the shower, letting the hot water run down his back. ‘Why can’t I remember that night? Wait, I remember being in my room with a girl sitting on me. It was that hot chick. Must’ve been a dream.’ InuYasha lifted his head and laid his ears back against the torrent of water while he washed and conditioned his long silver hair. He washed himself and climbed out of the shower. The shower he turned off and then went to shake like a dog before he remembered the towel. He picked the soft red towel up and dried himself off. He put his hands on the counter and looked onto the foggy mirror. The teen staring back had circles beneath his eyes of a dull gold. His ears drooped. His body wasn’t well. He dried his hair and let it fall free.

But you can’t eat till the taste of rose leaves your mouth.” a soft feminine voice told him. ‘Why did I think that?’ InuYasha swiped the fog from the mirror and turned to his clothes.

He threw his clothes on and felt the need to keep the hat that concealed his ears was not needed. He put it on anyway flipping the brim behind his head. There, although his beads were fine, he didn’t look okay. Hanyou’s didn’t get physically sick so what was wrong with him?

He went to his room tossing his dirty clothes in and grabbing his phone. Then he left the apartment. He took the elevator, not feeling up to the long climb down. He nodded to the doorman and went to his car. So sick as he was he didn’t see the blue jeep next to his car. He pulled out of the parking lot and drove to the main building. He parked and got out. He walked up to the lobby’s main door he reached a hand out and grasped the handle. He hesitated then slid the door open.

“Mr. Takahashi, pleased to see you again” the receptionist’s voice said from behind the chair’s back. She turned the chair to face him. “Can I help you…are you okay?” she asked shocked because of InuYasha’s dull eyes and dark circles beneath them.

“Yeah. Answer this, why does the school want me to speak about my problems?” InuYasha asked suddenly extremely tired. He set a clawed hand on the desk.

“The students were alarmed and it seems that the press would like to talk with you, except school policy prevents this. Only at a public speech are they allowed,” the receptionist said, worry ceasing her brow. “Maybe you should get some rest.” she turned back to her work.

“Thanks, I’d like to schedule this speech in a week.” InuYasha said thinking ‘hopefully I get better by that time.’ the receptionist stopped her work and looked past him. The hairs on his neck stood, as he smelt death and decay.

“Naraku-san how may I help you?” the receptionist asked the person behind him. He knew that smell, from before but couldn’t remember from where. He turned to come face to face with a tall man. His dark eyes were fierce and unrelenting. He looked at the hanyou as if he were a bug. InuYasha glared back, forgetting he was sick. His dull gold eyes sparked to life. Then just as quickly the spark faded, his eyes returning to the dull gold. He felt tired again.

“Yes I want to see the weapon called Tetsusaiga. I heard from a colleague that you hold this fable sword.” Naraku said, his voice oily.

“I’m sorry but only students are permitted to touch the sword.” the receptionist said pulling a folder from the drawer in the desk. She sat it on the desk and flipped through its contents. “Here Takahashi-san.” she said handing InuYasha a paper. InuYasha nodded and looked at the form. It was a form to be allowed to present something or make a speech in the auditorium. InuYasha grabbed a pen from the cup of them on the desk and proceeded to sign it.

“I am the president of the corporation that gives you the funds for this school and you will not allow me to touch a mere sword?” Naraku said without the collected calm Sesshomaru managed. His voice was dull and void of life.

“Fine only touch though, I can get fired for this.” the receptionist stood from her chair and walked to the glass case containing the legendary sword. InuYasha set the completed form on her desk and watched the lady take a ring of keys and unlock the case.

“Here you are sir,” she said as the glass door swung open. InuYasha walked closer to the case watching intently unaware he was right besides the man. Naraku reached in and grabbed the sword from its stand, bringing it to the open. Suddenly a bright flash blinded the three of them and Naraku dropped the sword. InuYasha smelt burning flesh. After he got his vision back InuYasha saw Naraku holding a burnt hand and glaring at the sword. InuYasha stooped to grab it and heard the audible gasp from the receptionist when it didn’t burn him but glowed a faint blue light. InuYasha felt the sword vibrate softly as it pulsed with the strange blue light. InuYasha was drawn to remember something he thought he forgot.

“Father why is your toothies gone? I thought only little kids like me can lose them.” InuYasha asked his father. InuYasha lifted his tiny hand to his father’s and giggled when his father clasped it tighter.

“Son I made two swords, one powerful and the other heavenly. They are for you and your brother when I decide to give them.” he laughed his gruff laugh as young InuYasha made a face at hearing his brother’s name.

In his hand he held his father’s sword and his inheritance. The sword stopped pulsing and lies still in his hand. He looked at the receptionist’s face of astonishment and glanced at Naraku’s pure hatred that radiated from his face. He turned on his heel and stormed out.

“Congratulations InuYasha.” the receptionist said before turning to her desk and walking to it. She sat down and looked at him. “The sword is yours now. Take it and show your friends but please get some rest,” she turned and wrote something down. InuYasha turned and left the building his hands wrapped around the powerful sword.