InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Run Trip and Cry ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 13: Run Trip and Cry

She didn’t know why she started crying or why he could affect her in this way. She took a hand off the steering wheel to wipe the tears away from her eyes. She looked in the rearview mirror and gasped, the red Mustang was catching up. She struggled to hold back the tears that threatened to break through. She turned sharply to the left into an abandoned lot on the side of the road. She jumped out of the jeep without bothering to shut the engine off. With a quick glance behind her she ran into the forest, away from him and the torment she felt.

Ignoring the brambles and the scratches hey caused she ran on, she ignored the call of her name from the teen that pursed her. Without warning she tripped and stumbled over an exposed root. As the ground came rushing up to hit her she was wrenched back by a hand that grabbed her. “Oi, you trying to kill yourself or something?” InuYasha’s gruff voice said as he turned her around to face him. Kagome vainly tried to pull her arm from his grasp. His amber eyes filled with concern as she sighed. She tore her gaze away from his face and stared at her feet.

“No.” she said slowly. His clawed hand pulled her chin to face him. ‘ Clawed? Who has clawed hands? He must just make his nails sharp for that costume he was wearing yesterday.’

“What do you mean no? You took off, drove recklessly and ran through an unknown forest without watching where you’re going. That is a sure way to get yourself killed Miko.” InuYasha said as he looked at her.

“I wasn’t driving recklessly!” she yelled at him in an attempt to push away her feelings for him. He recoiled as if slapped. ‘Why do I act mad and not act the way I should?’ she asked herself.

“Fine! I’ll just leave you in the middle of nowhere! See if I care!” he let her arm go and stormed off. He turned back briefly and tossed a set of keys at her feet. “You left your car running, do you want it stolen?” he huffed as he continued walking away.

She looked at her keys lying on the floor of the forest near her feet. She stooped to pick them up and looked at them in her hands. “Fine, have it your way, InuYasha.” she said quietly as she looked for a place to sit. A boulder caught her eye and she walked over to it. She sat and pulled her knees up wrapping her arms around them.

She silently sobbed, every now and then, muttering something about falling again and soon her head dropped and fell to her knees. Her breathing calmed as she fell into a fit full sleep.

***Kagome Dream***

“Hiten, I don’t want to see you no more.” Kagome said as she pushed the dark haired teen away from her. He pushed his long braided hair over his shoulder and grinned.

“What ever you say Kags. You don’t have to play with me. Come on lets go to my house and watch some movies eh?” Hiten said as he grabbed the girl’s arm.

“No! We are through!” Kagome yelled angrily at him. She pulled her arm from his tight grip and abruptly turned and walked away.

“Come back! I did not say you can leave!” he grabbed her wrist and yanked her back with force.

“Let me go!” she began screaming and Hiten pulled her to him and covered her mouth. She pulled her arm and with the tension of him pulling she screamed in pain as it snapped. Using her free hand she slapped the enraged boy across his face.

“I’ll show you not to defy me,” he said as he whistled. A huge lumbering shadow emerged from the alley they where in. “Manten help me get this girl home.” his younger deformed brother went to reach for the girl and was stunned when she began glowing with a pink light. Hiten released her and stumbled back, holding his burnt arms close to his body. “You’re a Miko? Manten what do you say to some fun?” Kagome screamed wordlessly as the two teens approached her. Hiten pulled a pocketknife out and grinned.

***End of dream***

“Hey wake up,” InuYasha said worriedly as Kagome screamed in her sleep. He jumped back as her body pulsed with a pink light. He looked around worriedly, seeing nothing that he could use to pick the shaking girl he picked her up ignoring the pain that came from the pulsing light. He ran using his demonic speed and reached the Mustang and Jeep. He nearly dropped her as she slapped him in the face. His eyes widened and looked at the sleeping girl. He smelt her fear and he knew she was sleeping, but why did she hit him?

“Ohh,” Kagome said as she awoke in his arms. Looking up at InuYasha, she began screaming. InuYasha nearly dropped her again as he used on hand to cover his ears. His eyes widened as he realized his hat must have fallen off his head while he was running through the forest. Kagome shut her mouth and looked up at him, her eyes free from fear.

“InuYasha?” she asked as she hid her head into his chest. He felt her body shake as she sobbed into his shirt.

“It’s okay, I’m here for you,” he said as he held the girl close to him. A low vibration came from him as he comforted the sobbing Miko. Ignoring the pain of the burns she left him he walked to a tree and jumped into it. Slowly her sobs stopped as she looked up at him, her eyes red from tears and she asked,

“Why?” InuYasha was stunned and figured; using his logic there wasn’t an answer.

“Huh?” InuYasha said as he looked down at the girl that had stolen his heart for the first time since the pain and darkness filled his withered heart. The fear scent had vanished and he smiled, lust had taken its place. He jumped from the tree and landed softly on the ground. He set her down and backed away from her.

“Please don’t leave me here.” she said her voice raw.


“I won’t, but isn’t there a carnival in the main square?” he asked. He chuckled as her eyes grew big and she gasped.

“Damn! How could I forget.” she said as she bolted up from her sitting position and ran toward the jeep. “You jerk! How could you chase me like that!” if her glare was a dagger it would cut rock. InuYasha growled at her.

“Oh I should have just left miss sobbing wench in the forest by her own?” he smirked. He turned his head and his ears swiveled when the car door shut. At the sound of the engine he looked back and watched as she flipped him off. “Hey wench! You know I can beat you to the courtyard right” InuYasha said as he leaped out of the tree and skidded to a stop by her door.

“Yeah right. What are going to run?” she said sarcastically as she held up InuYasha’s car keys. The hanyou, glared at her and his ears lay flat as he considered his options.

“Sure, why not my legs are way faster than that piece of shit you drive.” he huffed. Out of the corner of his eye he saw her eyes go wide as she acknowledged the ears on top of his head. Her eyes narrowed.

“Fine, but shall we even things up?” with that she pointed a hand to his legs and a pink light enveloped them and he collapsed to the ground. He began sputtering but she cut him off and said, “Sit boy, you are a dog right?” he smelt her elation as she sped off towards the main courtyard. Reaching into his pockets he pulled Miroku’s spare keys out and shakily rose to his feet. He stepped the foot to his car and hopped in.