InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 15: Reflections

“Miroku shut up already!” the flustered hanyou said leaning against the kitchen sink. Miroku was looking through the fridge while humming. He had been on cloud nine since yesterday. “What in the hell made you so happy?” InuYasha glanced at the pot of ramen and his stomach growled in protest. InuYasha ears flicked towards the teen that stopped humming. A loud slurp was heard and to the Hanyou’s annoyance Miroku began humming again. InuYasha flipped out and turned on the unsuspecting kid whose eyes grew wide.

“Sango agreed to go to the dance with me. And um is your food supposed to be smoking?” Miroku said as he shrunk back from fear. The inu hanyou cursed and turned towards his burning food? He spun and watched as the teen hightailed it out of the room. InuYasha sniffed and he took the food off the stove and sat on the floor against the fridge. Pulling a mouthful of ramen InuYasha began to think about that damn dance. ‘Would she go with me?’ he asked himself ‘No why would she, she said she didn’t trust you, remember?’ InuYasha pulled another mouthful into his already full mouth and gulped both servings down.

“Um Yash? You still mad? You’re not going to hurt me when I tell you this right?” Miroku’s voice came from the living room.

“No.” InuYasha said before gulping the rest of the food down in one gulp.

“We’re performing tomorrow night, at the dance. During the first and second dance session, sorry. Sorry forgot to tell you. Hehe.” Miroku looked around the corner. InuYasha dropped the pot of ramen on the floor and attempted to pit a hole through the wall. Instead of his fist going through the sheetrock in bounced off of an invisible barrier.

“Damit!” InuYasha cursed as he stood and looked at the noodle-strewed floor. He cursed again as he set about, wiping the rapidly cooling ramen from its final resting place. His mind drew back to yesterday and what the girl had said.

He had followed the girl in his car keeping a safe distance. He parked the Mustang next to Kagome’s jeep and got out, sniffing the air InuYasha followed her scent to Miroku. The monk was unaware that the hanyou was even around until InuYasha thumped him on his head. Immediately his reaction was “I swear to the Kami’s I didn’t grope you…oh um InuYasha, hehe.” the teen said turning red at the slightly amused hanyou.

“Where is Kagome?” InuYasha gruffly asked.

“Hum the superior scent of a dog hanyou can’t track her?” Miroku mocked him.

“I don’t want to waste time lech!” InuYasha growled low.

“Oh sorry um she went in that direction with,” he smiled blissfully “Sango.”

InuYasha gave a gruff thanks as he speed off in that direction. He almost passed where Kagome was but turned quicker than the human eye could see and was on top of the food booth. He sniffed and growled low, “why in the hell is she crying?” he regretted thinking that at once.

“About 6 months ago I broke up with my last boyfriend, a jock named Hiten. He was an all-star football player and I was the top cheerleader. He was angry, after a year with him I just didn’t like him anymore. This is hard to talk about.” Kagome said silent tears sliding down her face, not so silent to an inu Hanyou’s hearing though. “La…ter he…he ra…ped me…in …a…al…ley…be…hi…d th...the school.” Kagome sobbed as Sango held her. InuYasha winced and growled. “Hiten? I know him. He was the one who tricked me into trying some weed; I was in the hospital for a week because of it. Hmm wait I do remember him being with this preppy wench. Could this be her?” InuYasha said quietly to himself, he sniffed and shook his head, “No, she don’t smell like dirt and dead stuff like the other, oh yeah Kikyo was her name. She tried to get me to sleep with her.”

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know I should have never asked you.” Sango said stroking the crying girls hair. InuYasha watched with curiosity, even though he wasn’t a neko he lived way more than 1 life.

“He had a knife and he cut me here when I used my Miko powers for the first time.” her sobbing slowed as she pointed out a scar that stretched her jaw line. “He was a demon, so my touch burned him and made him madder he called his brother and Manten held me to the ground while Hiten carved his name into my side.” she pulled the shirt up and showed Sango the scar. InuYasha bristled as he saw the scar.

“Shh no more it’s okay lets go to the room and let you rest.” Sango said shaking her head. InuYasha growled at her, then shook himself. ‘Sango’s comforting her when she ran from me.’

“I can’t trust guys no more, InuYasha scares me because I feel like I like him. I can’t live with this.” Kagome said holding herself. She fell to her knees and cried in Sango’s arms. InuYasha did a double take, “She liked him? Well that does explain the reason she ran from me.” InuYasha’s ears drooped, “she doesn’t trust me.”

Standing on the roof of the food booth, InuYasha listened sickened by what he heard, surprising himself he growled, “I’m going to kill this bastard for hurting my Kagome.” ‘Where the hell did that come from?’ he thought to himself. He watched as Sango led Kagome away. InuYasha jumped off the roof and sat in the exact spot where she had sat and thought hard about this new issue.

‘Even though I thought about it my mind kept drawing blanks.’ InuYasha thought as he slammed a fist on the counter.

“Miroku I got an idea for a new song.” InuYasha said as he ran into his room. Flying into his chair he pulled his composers book out and began the song, “I want to take his eyes out, just for looking at you, yes I do.” so into his task he did not notice Miroku behind with Sango whispering, “I saw him when Kagome told her story, seems like he already chose his mate.”