InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Questionable Sanity ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 21: Questionable Sanity

“So what do your parents do for a living?” InuYasha asked Kagome. An hour after the pizza arrived her and InuYasha went to his room. Sitting in the chairs in front of the large window, he had stared asking Kagome more about herself.

“My mom works in the book publishing business. She owns the White Raven publishing house. My father, before he died was a partner of the Gin Tanto Corporation. My father was murdered because he and his partner refused to sell the company to another company. The man who killed my father was said to have died in a fire.” Kagome said staring out into the forest. “What did your parents do before they died?”

InuYasha winced as he thought about what she said. “My father was in the legal business I believe he was a first class lawyer. I’m not really sure. My mother she was an interior designer.” he finally said to break the silence.

“Okay, what’s your favorite food?” Kagome asked to get off the subject.

Immediately InuYasha answered, “Ramen.”

Kagome laughed and it caused the hanyou to scowl. “What in the hell is so funny?”

“Nothing, it’s just a rocker like you like something so tame.” she said when he asked her.

“Keh!” he said as he crossed his arms.

“What made you go into the music business?” Kagome asked him.

“After my parents died I moped around quite a bit. Then I remembered how Miroku wrote a song about how his father died. That song Never Again, he wrote it the night his father was shot and his mother hung herself. He was 15.” InuYasha answered keeping most of what he didn’t want to tell her covered.

“Oh, I didn’t know he wrote it. That’s why he was so sad at the performance?” Kagome asked concern filling her voice. InuYasha sniffed and found remorse and sadness on her scent.

“Yeah. But 3 months after my parents died, Miroku said him and a friend, formed a bad and they need another guitarist. I was the logical choice; having taken advanced guitar classes and had been playing since I was twelve. Anyway, Koga was three years older than us and I guess Miroku knew him from before. Our first song that we played, Miroku wanted to sing instead of playing the drums. He sung the song that he wrote. The problem was he’d get so choked up on emotion he couldn’t sing. Koga tried but he sounded like a frog. I told them there was no way in hell I was going to sing. Seeing Miroku glare at me and threaten with purification, I was forced to sing. And I’m here now, lead singer and most wanted guy around, I really wouldn’t have chosen this life for myself if I’d known we were going to be semi famous.” InuYasha told her as he remembered the past. ‘Why in the hell am I even thinking of this? I never tell anyone about my past, but it seems so right to tell her.’ InuYasha looked at the raven-haired beauty and grinned.

“Oh that’s interesting. I’m glad I’m not that famous.” Kagome said without seeing the grin.

“You are now, going out with me.” InuYasha teased.

“I am! Damn! It’s enough the media knows me from the archery competitions.” she said as she looked at him.

“Oh really. So is that the only reason you’re here? To perfect your aim?” InuYasha said teasing her.

“No! You know what if you keep teasing me I’ll purify you!” as if to prove her threat, her hands briefly glowed pink.

“Oh so you’re a Miko now huh?” InuYasha said he couldn’t resist teasing her.

“Yes! Are you insane, I am a powerful Miko and I could fry you right now!” she said outraged.

“So what’s your favorite food?” InuYasha asked the angered female.

“Huh?” she asked, thrown off track by the sudden change in questioning. She then muttered, “he is insane.” that anybodies hearing but his own couldn’t catch. InuYasha smirked.

“What is your favorite food?” he asked again.

“Oh, Oden.” she replied.

“Oden? Sheesh. What a traditionalist.” he said.

“What do you mean by traditionalist?” she said standing up.

InuYasha remained sitting and as about to reply when Sango burst through the door and frantically said, “Kagome, curfew ends in one minute! We need to leave now!”

“Oh no!” Kagome turned to look at him and said, “Bye InuYasha talk to ya later.” she turned and ran out his door. With his superior hearing, he heard the main door close and Miroku came waltzing in, a smug look on his face.

“What are you are you so smug about?” InuYasha asked looking back out the window.

“I groped Sango and she didn’t hit me.” Miroku said.

“Could it be you told her the time?” InuYasha asked knowing the reason Miroku survived.

“Umm, yeah. But anyway school starts tomorrow or did mister tough guy forget.” Miroku asked as he sat on InuYasha’s bed.

“Nah I didn’t forget, I just don’t want to go.” InuYasha replied.

“Dude, I got a new song for you to sing.” Miroku said handing InuYasha a sheet of binder paper. InuYasha took it and looked down at it.

“Away from the sun? Cool this looks like one of those I have to right the notes for kinda of thing right?” Miroku could never write the musical notes properly so InuYasha always did them.

“No I wrote them too.” Miroku said dragging another sheet of paper from behind his back.

“Cool, no mistakes. You know what Miroku?” InuYasha said setting the papers down in the chair Kagome had sat in.

“What?” Miroku asked.

“This could be our number one hit.” InuYasha said.