InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Diner Talk ( Chapter 30 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 30: Diner Talk

“Ugh so sleepy.” Miroku said as he and InuYasha walked with Koga and Kohaku. They were heading towards a well-lit diner that was far enough from the Niigata Cho high school that InuYasha and Koga could no longer hear the screams of the freaky fan girls.

“I know Miro, those girls would not stop throwing themselves at me or you.” InuYasha said his white ears drooping from exhaustion. He looked at Kohaku who seem so full of life he might be a fun sucking vampire. InuYasha growled. “We have another performance in 3 hours. I am going to rip our manager to shreds.”

“Mutt face you know what happened last time. You put the poor girl in a hospital for spelling your name wrong.” Koga said as he opened the diner’s door. The three teens walked in and headed for the stools at the front of the diner.

“She spelt it I-n-y-s-h-a, no u or a.” InuYasha growled as he watched the waitress walk down to where they sat.

“So what you didn’t have to scare her.” Miroku said as he took the menu the waitress handed him.

“It wasn’t my fault she walked in when my concealment spell died.” InuYasha said as he looked at the various foods on the menu.

“Yeah it wasn’t your fault you forgot to replace it that night. I remember how she screamed ‘Spawn of the devil, evil shall be banished!’ it was even funnier when she tried to put a banishing spell on you.” Miroku said as he laughed.

“Man you should’ve seen the look on her face when InuYasha picked her up and tossed her out of the room.” Koga said as he slapped InuYasha on the back.

“Hey do remember when we went into that supermarket several years ago with my mom?” Miroku asked InuYasha.

“Yeah, that crazy old man thought I was going to curse his granddaughter.” InuYasha said chuckling.

“I can’t believe he actually slapped that Ofuda on you. He must have been pretty psycho if he carries those things around in his pockets. And that little girl, she went straight for your ears.” Miroku said as he waved a hand at the waitress.

“She was on my ears like glue until her grandfather slapped that paper on my forehead. Miro, your mom yelled at him for some time too. I can’t remember any other time she would yell at somebody that wasn’t you.” InuYasha said as he folded the menu up.

“What would you like? Our specials today is Split pea soup,” the waitress said to them.

“I want a medium rare steak, mashed potatoes, beef gravy and a side of beef broth. I want to have water, no lemon or ice.” Koga told her as he handed her the menu.

“Okay, and you sirs?” she asked.

“I would like the vegetable beef soup and a side of slightly toasted bread. With a glass of coke.” Miroku said as he gave up his menu.

“Okay.” she said.

“Can I have the Philly cheese steak supreme with a Pepsi?” Kohaku asked her as he passed his menu to her.

“Sure and you?” she asked InuYasha.

“Do you serve Ramen?” InuYasha asked.

“Umm no, but we have soups.” the waitress said.

“Okay, cook some noodles in some beef broth and I’ll be happy ok? And I want water with lime and no ice.” InuYasha said as he practically shoved the menu at the girl.

“I’ll be right back with your drinks.” she said as she disappeared.

“Hey Inu, you didn’t have to be that hard.” Koga said from the other side of Kohaku.

“Shut up.” InuYasha glared at him from his spot next to Miroku, who sat next to Kohaku.

“Here are your drinks sirs.” the waitress set down each of the drinks and left quickly. InuYasha watched her exit amused.

“Okay so she didn’t put lemon in it but she put ice in mine!” Koga growled as he looked at his cup. “I can’t drink this, my teeth are really sensitive to cold.” he set the glass down and sulked.

“Uhh Koga? I have yours.” InuYasha said as he passed the water towards the sulking wolf.

“Really? Here Mutt face.” Koga said as he passed his cup down and took the one InuYasha passed.

“InuYasha do really love Kagome?” Miroku suddenly asked. InuYasha looked at his lifelong friend surprised.

“Yes I do. I get this feeling around her, like if we separate for more than a day or two, I’ll die. I never had this feeling around Kikyo. To her I was a filthy animal that needs to be tamed. Around Kagome, I’m sure you felt this Miroku; all is calm and okay, safe and secure. I feel like she trusts me.” InuYasha suddenly said.

“I feel that way with Sango.” Miroku said quietly.

“What! If you hurt my sister in any way I will kill you with anything I can get my hands on.” Kohaku burst out as he stood threateningly over the teen. Miroku cowered under the younger boy’s glare and held his hands up in surrender.

“Don’t worry I won’t hurt her. Plus if I did I would be in my grave by the time you could get to me. Your sister’s got an arm.” Miroku said smiling. Kohaku relaxed and sat back down.

“At the concerts, is it always like that? Fan girls fawning over InuYasha? Or shouts of monk? I mean do they know you guys; well two of you have Yokai in your blood? Okay one’s half and the others full.” Kohaku said as he drunk his soda.

“No most of the girls believe InuYasha wears a wig and his ears are fake. Nobody knows Koga’s an actual wolf demon.” Miroku answered for the demonic band mates of his. “How did you know? I mean Koga was wearing a concealment spell.”

“My family has a long history of being Yokai exterminators. The only reason Sango’s going to Ryu is to learn more about demons.” Kohaku told them.

“Mmmm food.” InuYasha and Koga said at the same time. The waitress had just left the kitchen carrying a tray of food. She walked up to them set the tray down handed the food to each of them and left. No word, no refills, just left.

“Yum.” they all said as they dug in.