InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Beginning of a family ( Chapter 34 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Said the old man that was supposed to be dead.

Chapter 34: Beginning of a family

A soft whine awoke Kagome from her deep sleep. Yawning she sat up and flinched when a wet nose touched her bare stomach. Groaning Kagome pushed the sliver gray husky away from her and looked at her clock. “Yuri it’s 6 in the morning. Today’s Sunday meaning the Historical Research Building isn’t even open. Why did you wake me up? I want sleep.” the dog whine again. “Are you hungry?” the dog cocked it’s head and it’s tail hit the bed. “Okay you want some food? Oh wait today’s the 27th right?” the dog rolled its eyes and huffed. “Damn I forgot! I‘m supposed to go to the adoption house!” Kagome jumped out of bed and hurriedly dressed.

Since that fateful day 5 years ago, Kagome often heard her friend Sango shout at her for never being able to get over InuYasha. ‘It‘s not like I don‘t try. I mean I did try to go out with Hojo, but Yuri here didn‘t fancy that idea.’ Yuri snorted and scrambled underneath the blankets as Kagome threw a pillow at him and missed.

An hour later Kagome had dragged the large dog out of her bed and fastened a collar to him. Yuri glared at her and caused Kagome to smile. “Oh be nice. I can take you out with me on my jogs if you aren’t on a leash. It’s the law.” the dog’s ear twitched towards the door before the doorbell rang. “Who could that be this early in the morning?” Kagome asked her dog.

She opened the door and smiled, Yuri growled. “Hi Koga what’s up? You haven’t got into another fight with Ayame again did you?” the wolf demon looked grim as he walked through the door. Kagome shut it and followed her friend to the living room’s couch.

“Nah it’s just she was pregnant for three months this time then she miscarried.” Koga sighed as he rubbed his forehead. “She was so upset she didn’t realize she threw a priceless heirloom at me. She then went on to call me a lot of bad names blaming me for it and then she started screaming that it was your fault that that the baby died. Kagome, I don’t know what to do she told me she hated me and wants a divorce.” Kagome patted him on the back and was surprised when Yuri jumped up on the couch and sat his head on Koga’s lap. “Hey boy, I wish I had a dog like you. You seem so human sometimes then you get all growly and grr.” Koga playfully tugged on Yuri’s ear.

“Koga it’s probably just the stress about the baby. I’m sure she didn’t mean it. I know she loves you a lot. Whenever Sango and me go shopping with her she always talks about you.”

“Yeah I know. I’m still happy about the fact that Kashi is still alive. He’ll be three this month. Would you like to come to his party?” Koga said instantly as a smile covered his face.

“Okay, but would you care to join me on my jog?” she asked him.

“Yeah.” Koga said as he stood.

**3 hours later at the Buruugurasu Boarding House**

“Okay Miss Higurashi if you sign here, I’ll bring Shippo out front with his bags.” Mrs. Taknakwa or better known as Eri, Kagome’s high school friend said sweetly.

Kagome signed her name and shook her friends hand. “I can’t wait to see Shippo.” Kagome said as she recalled the day she wandered into the orphanage.

**Flashback**

Kagome looked at the slip of paper in her hand and back at the cold gray brick of the building in front of her. “This can’t be the place. 1587 Kori Lane. This is the correct address but maybe the people at the institute gave me the wrong address. Then again this place certainly does look ancient. Wait is that a sign?” Kagome looked closer to the building and read the nearly indistinguishable lettering. “The Buruugurasu Boarding House home of orphaned and neglected demon children. This home was funded by the Takahashi Corporation. Established in 1753” Kagome looked at the paper and stuffed it into her pocket. Taking a deep breath she walked up to the old wood door and pushed it open with a creak of its hinges.

“oh it’s nice to see a new face. How may I help you…oh my kami! Kagome it’s been so long!!” Eri shrieked as she jumped up from the desk she sat at and surrounded Kagome with a hug.

“Eri! What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in two years! Not since I went to Ryu.” Kagome said her voice muffled by Eri’s chest.

“Oh nothing much. So what do you want with the Home?” Eri asked as she at down at her desk.

“My boss told me that this building has a historical value and that a contractor is fighting to destroy this land and build a mini mall. He also told me that this house wishes to be evaluated for historical landmark for the protection against demolition.” Kagome said as she took a seat in the chair in front of the desk.

“Oh yes if this building is torn down then all the children here will be homeless again and we can’t let that happen. You see this building used to be the place of a shrine up until they tore the house down and rebuilt this building. See the original shrine grounds include the well house, shrine and the great tree. Those three are still standing today and we wish to keep the kids safe and preserve the grounds. Hojo and I hope that your company will push the petition forward.” Eri replied.

“okay so can you tell me how old the grounds are?” Kagome said as she felt something tug her shirt. She looked down and caught an orange hair little boy duck behind the chair. “Oh hello who are you?”

“That’s Shippo. He’s an orphaned Fox Yokai. He’s been here for a month. He won’t talk to anybody. I’m surprised he even tugged on your shirt.” Eri said before standing. “Shippo please go play I have to show Kagome the grounds.” the little boy scampered off and Kagome felt a connection between him and her.

“Okay.” Kagome said as she felt the child follow her and grab her hand. Kagome looked down at the kit and smiled.

**E.O.F**

“Shippo come here please.” Eri said as she stood to help with the kid’s bag. “Here’s his belongings. Bye Shippo, I’m going to miss you.” she bent down and hugged the kid.

“Hey Shippo, guess what. Your going to come home with me. I’m your mommy now.” Kagome said as she lifted the 7 year old into her arms. The bright green eyed kid smiled and nodded. “You know that dog that you always see in my car but never get to pet, well you can pet him now.”

He clapped his hands together and said, “Yay!” Kagome smiled and led him to her Blue Jeep. Inside Yuri was sitting in the front seat his head sticking out the window. His sniffed and growled when Shippo came closer.

“Be nice, I know he’s demon okay boy. Don’t worry Shippo he won’t hurt. If he tries he can sleep outside by himself.” Kagome told the boy as she set him down and opened the car door for him. Yuri whined and looked ahead.

Shippo looked at the dog and whispered, “Half breed.”