InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Dream or Reality ( Chapter 44 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Inudewaruika: I changed the Genre because I’m not really sure how far I’ll go. So if I go the 9 yards then I’ll switch it.

If you get confused read the note at the bottom.

Chapter 44: Dream or Reality

Kagome burst out of bed screaming, hitting something as she scrambled from the bed away from the lump of warmth. A low growl reached her as a very pissed off silver haired amber eye hanyou looked down at her from her bed. On his face was a red handprint about the size of Kagome’s hand. “What the hell was that for?” he growled at her.

“InuYasha?” she asked hesitantly not sure if she was still dreaming or if he was actually here and recalled everything.

“Who else would I be?” he said harshly, then his gaze softened as he reached out and pulled her back onto the bed. “Why did you scream?” he asked softly.

“I dreamed of you, Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were all here in my house and you were running around the house with Shippo attached to your ears when some dark haired lady burst into the room with a bow and a shining arrow. She released the string and the arrow pierced your heart and Shippo’s as well. I didn’t want you to leave me again.” Kagome said as she buried her head into InuYasha’s chest. A low growl started to resonate from his chest as he pulled a claw down her hair, soothing her. “Don’t leave me again,” she mumbled as she felt her fear slip away.

“I won’t.” he said as he set his chin on her head. Kagome yawned and fell asleep with ease in his strong arms. InuYasha soon followed for he was starting to drift from Kagome’s soothing sent.

**Miroku and Sango**

“So he turned full demon?” Sango asked Miroku for the fifth time in two minutes.

“Yes, I guess he felt Kagome’s pain and he transformed in order to save his claim, at which he probably bit her last night to replace the weak barrier created by his sent that already was surrounding her.” Miroku said as he yawned.

“She will be okay. Because if he is also I’m going to beat the life out of him!” Sango hissed as she raised a fist. Miroku chuckled and pushed her hand down and kissed her on her cheek.

“My love, InuYasha has been through so much already. Plus if you wanted to hurt him tease him about the way he talks when he’s demon. ‘This InuYasha is displeased!’” Miroku imitated InuYasha’s deep growls. Sango laughed and snuggled closer to her husband. Still something felt odd to her.

“Miroku?” she asked sweetly.

“Huh?” he asked drowsy.

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TAKING HIM IN MY TRUCK! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS THING! YOU’RE LUCKY HE DIDN’T SCRATCH IT OR I WOULD HAVE YOUR A-” Sango stopped breathless as Miroku cowered against the truck’s door. Miroku huddled into a protective ball as Sango’s red face began to return to it’s normal hue. “Miroku?” she asked.

“S-s-sorry?” he stuttered as she inched closer.

“Miroku?” she whispered.

“I-I didn’t mean to.” Miroku said as he felt something soft ram his lips. “Sango?” he asked when she backed away and wrapped her arms around him.

“I was so worried when you didn’t up on me! Then when InuYasha growled over the phone and was full demon it scared me to think you were all alone with him. I don’t know what I would have done if he maimed you.” Sango began crying as she clutched Miroku’s shirt.

“I’ve seen him this way before, I knew what to do because Sesshomaru was there the first time. You see it was a day after they found him on the beach. He was waking up and I sat next to him. What I expected were his normal gold colored eyes, but saw red eyes with the blue irises. At first I was too stunned to say anything until he lashed out and grabbed my head, just above my neck. He growled something I couldn’t hear and when he realized I didn’t reply he pushed a claw into my skull. That’s one of the reason’s I wear my hair like this. It’s so he never finds out he hurt me in that way. Sesshomaru came in and saw what was happening and growled at InuYasha. InuYasha growled back and let me go. I fell to the floor with something warm dripping down my back. Sesshomaru looked down at me and said, ‘He wanted you to get him some water and when you didn’t he punished you. I told him you didn’t understand him.’ he left them came back with a roll of something and a cup of water. The water he handed to InuYasha and he proceeded to bandage my skull up. He then asked me if I was afraid of InuYasha. I told him a little and he nodded. ‘if he is to ever transform when you are with him and not with me, obey his every command, he will not hurt you or anybody else if you listen to his words.’ that’s why I stopped you when he addressed you in that way, I didn’t want you to end up as I did.” Miroku finished, touching the back of his head.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you but I was scared and upset.” Sango told him as her tears dried up. She reached a hand up and felt the indentation at the base of his head. “It must have hurt.”

“Yeah but not as much as him throwing Sesshomaru out of the room.” Miroku managed to chuckle. Sango laughed at the image of the near perfect Sesshomaru being tossed out of the room by a hanyou turned demon.

“He actually threw the high and mighty Sesshomaru out of his room?” Sango asked.

“Yep though he tossed him out of the third story window. Sesshomaru said something that pissed InuYasha off.” Miroku said as he watched the amused look on Sango’s face.

“He tossed him out of the window!” Sango gasped as her eyes widened, “Sesshomaru must have disliked that!”

“Actually he came back up without a scratch. He calmly walked over to the raging hanyou and hit him on the head. He said, ‘Calm down baka.’ InuYasha growled at me to show Sesshomaru out of his room. I had to comply.” Miroku said. “The next time InuYasha woke up he was fine, back to his normal self. Sesshomaru made me swear never to tell InuYasha that he had turned full demon.”

“Oh.” Sango said as she yawned. Miroku yawned to and fell asleep curled around his wife.

***Later that morning***

Kagome opened her eyes to see a pair of fuzzy white ears in front of her face. The first thought that came to her was, “Yuri.” she mumbled as she rubbed the ears.

A low grumble sounded as she rubbed them, while yawning deeply. “ K’gome?” Yuri asked. She shrieked and nearly leapt out of bed when a molten gold gaze met hers.

“InuYasha?” she asked them squealed happily and hugged him. “I thought you were Yuri!” InuYasha coughed as if he choked.

“Kagome I need to tell you something.” InuYasha said slowly.

“What?” she asked, “Oh no please don’t say you don’t love me anymore or that you never went missing you just found another girl!” Kagome cried.

“No no it’s nothing like that. Remember when was the first time you met the dog Yuri?” InuYasha asked.

“About a week after you disappeared.” she answered.

“And when did he vanish?” InuYasha asked.

“Right after I first met you as Yuri.” Kagome said. “Oh you were him!”

“Yes. Kikyo cursed me to be a dog for five years. On the nights I wasn’t hanyou I turned to human but if I talked to anybody I knew I would stay a dog forever. So Kagome I never was without you that’s why I growled at Koga and Homo. I didn’t want to lose you. I understood all that you said. Shippo knew from the beginning what I was since he’s a fox demon. Their sense of smell is far greater than that mangy wolf’s. Koga never knew until that day I went to talk to him. He smelt me as hanyou. Hiten never knew until I removed my spell. I killed him as myself but I was badly injured.” InuYasha paused to let it sink in, “I passed out and relived all my memories and discovered a man named Naraku had put a spell or something on me so I would never remember what had truly happened on that day. I now know. Kagome, my father was a friend of yours. He was hired by your dad to protect something of value to your family. Something he called the jewel of the four souls.” InuYasha said to her as he pulled her into his lap.

“The jewel of the four souls?” Kagome said as her face lit up.

“Miroku I know you’re out there. You might as well hear this also.” InuYasha said as he looked towards the door, his nose in the air.

Miroku, Sango wandered into the room and a fuzzy orange fox popped up from the middle of the bed. Shippo yawned and looked from Kagome, InuYasha and back to Kagome. He suddenly started to growl and fluff up. “Mommmm! Who’s he and why does he smell? I don’t like him!” InuYasha snorted and picked the kit up by the tail.

“InuYasha put him down!” Kagome growled. For a brief second InuYasha thought he saw a pair of silver-pink ears on her head. InuYasha dropped the kit and sniffed Kagome’s scent. Yes there it was an underlying scent of fox. “Shippo this is InuYasha.”

“That’s the guy you cry for at night?” Shippo asked innocently.

“Kagome?” InuYasha asked suddenly aware of her scent.

“What?” she asked swinging her face towards him. Faintly her eyes flashed silver then returned to their normal brown.

He reached over and on her neck was a bite mark, gulping he gently pushed a claw into to see how it would react. The mark stayed the same. Kagome jumped back and held a hand to her neck. “I dreamed I was marked. I dreamed I was a fox hanyou. InuYasha do you know why I did?”

“Because the claiming mark woke up your fox side. The side your miko suppressed.” he said and began mumbling, “Please don’t purify me, please don’t purify me.” over and over.

“Wait, you BIT me!” Kagome growled as she jumped out of his lap. She began breathing heavily as the claim mark pulled her to calm down and not stay angry at her potential mate. Miroku pointed at her head and Sango gasped.

“Kagome did you know you have silver-pink ears on your head, like fox ears?” Sango asked while InuYasha backed away, knowing or at least sure Kagome was going to purify him.

Kagome turned to look at her friends and behind her a bushy silvery-pink tail landed with a soft thump on the floor. Shippo launched himself off the bed and onto her tail, burrowing into the soft fluffiness.

“Kagome?” InuYasha asked her slowly as she looked down at her hands.

“Yes?” Kagome asked as she looked up at him, her silver eyes shining.

“are you okay? Maybe I should have told you your father was a fox demon.” InuYasha said slowly.

“You think?” she said sarcastically.

“I remember you as a little kid. I didn’t recognize you until now but we used to play together. And you were always in this form. So I couldn’t accidentally hurt you. You stopped coming over after your father died.” InuYasha said.

“InuYasha, maybe you should start at the beginning.” Miroku said as Sango went to touch the pink fluffiness.

 

************************************************** *************************************

Okay I decided I really didn’t like the last two chapters so I made them into a dream okay? Parts are Kagome’s when Kagome’s point of view and InuYasha’s is his. Sorry for the mix up.