InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ The Rescue ( Chapter 45 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 45: The Rescue

InuYasha stood in front of the building, a hat pulled low down on his head. His normal long silver hair was tucked into the trench coat he wore. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, his hand closing about his cell phone, his brother Sesshomaru had kindly gave him complete with all his old numbers from five years ago plus some updated ones. Squaring his shoulders he looked at the street again and at his car then catching Miroku’s stern glare InuYasha pulled the solid doors open and stepped into the immaculate building.

The white marble columns rose to meet the roof, high above the five stories. The floors, able to be seen from the ground floor were seemingly encased in glass. InuYasha knew better, those floors were opened up so the people working up there could see what was going on below, especially the big boss, who he was supposed to meet. ‘Damn Miroku and his ideas.’ InuYasha cursed Miroku as he walked up to the main desk. In front of him an young woman looked him up and down and raised an eyebrow.

“How may I help you?” she asked with an edge to her voice. The woman seemed nervous to serve him. InuYasha refrained the chuckle he wanted to let loose.

“Yeah I want to know if Sergeant Dijni is still on the force.” InuYasha said, keeping the gruff edge out of his voice.

“Yes he is and may I ask you why you needed to know that.” she stated more than asked.

“Okay,” he looked at her badge, “Sakura, I need to speak with him on a five year old case.”

The woman huffed and looked at him, “I’m sorry but you’ll have to fill out a request.” she pushed a paper out towards him. InuYasha snatched it and easily shredded it.

“I need to see him now!” InuYasha growled as he opened a hand to let the paper drop to her desk. “It’s about InuYasha Takahashi’s kidnapping!”

The poor woman looked at him in shock then picked a phone up. “Hi, yes this is her. Sergeant Dijni there’s a man out here saying he wants to speak with you about the Takahashi case.” she spoke into the phone, “Yes he is, no I can’t really see his face. He has a hat on.”

She looked at him as he grew impatient. “Okay sir you can go up. Take the elevator labeled executives. Here’s a pass.” she hung the phone up and putting on a fake smile handed him a yellow slip. He nodded and walked off towards the elevator.

He pressed the button and quickly stepped in when it came down and the highly polished doors opened. As soon as the doors shut he lifted the hat up and rubbed his ears. They hurt from the hat’s pressure. On floor four he pulled out his concealment spell he used for other purposes. He put it on as the doors slid open. He stepped out, his hat beneath one arm. Turning he looked at his human form, and growled.

“Excuse me but do you have a pass?” a police man asked. InuYasha nodded and handed him the paper. “Umm thanks. You go right ahead.”

InuYasha walked past and straight into the Sergeant’s office. The man turned his chair quickly around and InuYasha found himself face to face with a very familiar person.

***Kagome***

Kagome went to work as usual, except she was smiling brightly and had an extra bounce in her step. She hummed to herself as she opened the door and stepped through. This morning InuYasha was about to explain to him when the phone rang.

***Earlier***

Kagome picked it up and hearing Sesshomaru’s voice handed it to InuYasha. InuYasha’s face held a flow of emotions ranging from anger to pain to acceptance, but acceptance to what? She never found out because InuYasha ran off and she heard the door slam ad a minute later he came back in with a trench coat on and a hat. Kagome giggled.

“What?” InuYasha growled as he turned to the monk. “Miroku, you, me and the truck now!”

“Why?” Miroku asked.

“Because I know Sango would kill me if I accidentally ran into something.” InuYasha growled. Miroku followed saying good bye to Sango.

***Present**

“Kagome? Why did you take me and Shippo to your work?” Sango asked as she fell into step with the happy woman. Shippo followed holding on to Kagome’s hand.

“Because we’re going up to this historic mansion that used to belong to a prestigious family my parents knew.” Kagome answered. “It’s in a forest and I don’t want to be alone.” Sango looked at her and at the people passing by. Nobody mentioned her ears or hair.

“Kagome why doesn’t anybody see you know what?” Sango said pointing to her head.

“I don’t want them to. I’m miko remember?” she smiled at her friend.

“oh.” Sango said as Kagome opened a door. They stepped into her office and Kagome closed the door behind them.

“Anyway this mansion is on prime land. The owner refuses to sell and the contracting company is taking it up with the government. In order to prevent this I was assigned to survey the building and its grounds. Then I will judge if it’s old enough to be considered a historical landmark. The Inu-no-Tashio mansion is a landmark, Sango and I intend to save the place that holds the small private cemetery that holds my father’s grave.”

***Miroku***

‘ah come on InuYasha, I know it doesn’t take that long to talk to an officer of the law.’ Miroku said as he drummed his hand against the steering wheel. Sighing he pulled a crumpled paper from his pocket and looked it over. Grimacing at a word, Miroku leaned over and opened the glove compartment and pulled out a pen. Setting the paper against the dashboard he rewrote a few lines.

A knock on the window caused Miroku to jump up and draw a dark black line across the paper. A woman stood outside, dressed in a uniform. Miroku rolled the window down and set his hand, his left hand on the window’s glass. “Yes?” he asked innocently.

“Do you know you are parked in a handicapped zone?” the woman asked, Miroku was confused, he wasn‘t in the handicap zone. Her red hair slightly blew in the breeze. She smiled and Miroku caught the sharp points on her teeth. He chuckled as he recognized her in her other form.

“Hey Ayame. You know I’m handicapped. My hand is cursed, remember?” Miroku said joking around with Koga’s mate and wife.

“I’m sorry Miroku but groping isn’t a curse, but a bad habit.” Ayame said with a smile.

“Okay you caught me. I was waiting for,” Miroku paused and looked around, “InuYasha.” Ayame gave no indication of the name.

“Koga told me.” Ayame said after Miroku asked why she wasn’t surprised.

“Oh. So what’s the sly wolf doing?” Miroku asked.

“Practicing since Inu wants a revival show. So got any new material?” Ayame asked him.

“Yeah InuYasha had a bunch of songs he wrote over the five years he was missing.” Miroku said. “I have a few too.”

“Cool, Koga wrote one.” Ayame said. “he doesn’t want anybody to know.”

“My lips are sealed to all but Sango. You know how she’s like.” Miroku said shuddering.

“Yes I do. But I best be getting back to work.” Ayame said as she stood away from the truck.

“See ya.” Miroku said. He shifted in his seat and looked out of the window and towards the building across the street. Smirking Miroku took his paper and ripped a piece off of it and wrote, ‘Y, I went to check something out-Miroku.’ Miroku got out of the truck, locked it and placed the scrap of paper on the windshield. Smiling to himself Miroku walked across the street to a building.

***someone else***

She laid on the floor, her back pressed against the cell wall, her once soft black hair now matted and dirty covered her face. Slowly and quietly, as if the person entering didn’t want to be heard, the door opened and a shadowy figure stepped in. she knew, somehow she knew he would come for her. Her son told and now she was waiting.

“So are you her?” a smooth voice asked. The woman huddled against the wall nodded weakly. “Good. Don’t worry I was sent here on orders.” the woman tried to get up. “No stay down Izayoi. I don’t want Sesshomaru to chew me out if you get hurt more than you already are.”

“Bank-otsu?” Izayoi rasped from the ground with a voice dry from no water in a while, she couldn’t tell how long exactly.

“Yes Izayoi. So you do remember me.” he bent down and grabbed her frail wrist. “We have to hurry the sleeping powder Mukotsu created will wear off in a bit.” he looked around and motioned to somebody outside. “Renkotsu, help me. Between us two we can get her out fast. Jakotsu tell Mukotsu to pack his containers up and get ready to leave.”

“Yes Bank, no problem. Just order the weak one around. Gosh.” a feminine voice called.

“Just do it.” Bankotsu snapped. The man gave a sloppy salute and marched away. “Sarcastic bastard.”

“Bank, let’s link hands like a chair. So we both hold her weight and it’ll be easier to move.” Renkotsu said as he stood with is arms crossed. He stepped forward from the shadows and the purple tattoos on his face, the two that ran down his eyes and the center one on his forehead gave him a mysterious look. He currently wore no hat, so his bald head was seen under the faint light of the moon that shown in the only window of the cell.

“Sure.” Bankotsu walked forward and his lengthy black braid swung forward. In the center of his forehead a 4 point star sat, his tribal mark. They linked a hand each and used the other to lift Izayoi into the ‘chair’. they then took their free hands and put them behind her back linking them and supporting her weight. “Ren this was a good idea. Now lets hope Jakotsu hasn’t found another male to examine.” the brothers carried the weakened form from the cell and out into the damp hallway. They were unaware of the wasp buzzing outside the glassless window.

 

***Sesshomaru***

Sesshomaru was dozing off at his desk when the sharp ring of his office phone caused him to fall out of his chair with a soft ‘thump’. Looking quickly to make sure nobody saw his blunder Sesshomaru calmly answered the phone, tucking a stray piece of his silver hair behind his ear. “You get her?”

“Yes, Sesshomaru. She was exactly where you said she was to be found. With Renkotsu, Jakotsu and Mukotsu with me it was no trouble once the whole building was asleep. We have her secured at our 3rd base of operations. Renkotsu figured they would attack the first one and the last.” Bankostu’s voice said. Sesshomaru nodded before he realized Bankotsu couldn’t see the gesture.

“Very well I’ll have a trusted person pick her up tomorrow and make sure she sleeps naturally. InuYasha wouldn’t want to see his mother extremely tired.” Sesshomaru said.

“I will comply.” Bankotsu said as he hung the phone up. Sesshomaru listened to the dial tone before he hung up. ‘InuYasha you owe me.’ Sesshomaru silently swore.

“Sesshy come to bed I know you’re tired I watched you fall out of the chair.” Rin’s sweet voice said from his doorway.

“Yes lets go.” he said as he followed her out the door. She giggled before he realized what she had said.

“THIS SESSHOMARU DID NOT FALL OUT OF HIS CHAIR!” Sesshomaru bellowed. Rin giggled some more.

“You’re funny Sesshy.” Rin said as she pulled the dumbfounded demon by his hand.