InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Three things ( Chapter 46 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 46: Three things

“So Mr. Hidaka you want my company to become the new label for your group?” the man sitting in the large black chair asked.

“Yes Mr. Shinichite. You see the old band The Demons which originally include myself, Koga Ookami, and of course the missing InuYasha Takahashi. Except now I wish for Koga, Kohaku and our new singer to join me in a new band, The Demons Revived.” Miroku said looking at the man. For a moment Miroku thought he caught a glimpse of green markings on the man’s face when he said InuYasha.

“Okay, I don’t see a problem with that. I Suikotsu Shinichite see no problem in referring your name to the hottest record label in the country, Crescent Moon Recording Studios, except I have to ask the head himself if it is okay with him and the owner is very, lets just say icy about who gets in and who doesn‘t.” the man said as he pulled a folder from his desk. “This folder is sent to every record aid there is. This includes all the gigs, concerts and tours you did.” he flipped it opened. “It says here you played plenty of gigs, 4 concerts total and no tours but were scheduled to go on one a month after Mr. Takahashi’s disappearance.”

Miroku could only nod dumbly at this. A sharp sudden ring cut through the air as Miroku’s cell phone went off. “Excuse me.” Miroku said as he answered the phone. “Hello?”

“Tell Mr. Shinichite that I allow you to sign with my record label. And if you see inu, tell him that his home is ready.” Sesshomaru’s ice cold voice said. “I sent a fax so by the time you tell him he will be sure.” the line went dead and Miroku hung the phone up and stuffed it into his pocket.

“Sesshomaru said to let me be signed.” Miroku said.

“You know him?” he asked as he pulled the paper from the printer. “As always quick to the point.” he crumpled the paper up and tossed it into the waste basket besides his desk.

***InuYasha***

“Father?” InuYasha asked as he came face to face with a lean face, not unlike his own. The deep gold eyes held pain, loss and InuYasha couldn’t believe it his indestructible and undefeatable father held defeat in his soulful eyes. The once long and lustrous hair, the silver of his family, was now a dull gray, an old man’s hair color, and no longer fell past his calves, it hung at the middle of his back.

“InuYasha?” he asked the golden eyes sparked with life as he stood. “You went missing and we could never find a trace of you.”

“I thought, we thought, Sesshomaru and I thought you were gone, dead.” InuYasha said as he was embraced by his father. The familiar face looked into his as the broke away, the same golden eyes filled with the unshed tears of many years. InuYasha broke down and cried freely not caring who saw him. “I remembered you pulling from the fire. You were always there at the side lines, never showing yourself, yet always there.”

“InuYasha, I could never truly leave my sons to fend for themselves. I couldn’t show myself for fear of exposing your whereabouts to Naraku, who is the true enemy. He never found the jewel with the stone and now he wants to use you to seek it. Tell me InuYasha do you have the scroll?” his father asked, holding his grown son to his chest as if he were still a boy.

“Naraku, he tried to kill me again. She couldn’t, a spell stopped her. Now I know why. I never knew till I felt a familiar and warm presence enter my mind. Her face, smile, scent reflected the transformation and changed me only in body but not in mind so Kikyo cursed me. 5 years without talking to those I love and know.” InuYasha paused as he felt comforted in his father’s embrace. “I found her she isn’t dead. We have to save her.”

InuYasha stepped away as his father asked, “Who?”

“Mother”

“InuYasha call your brother and we shall meet at your home, tomorrow. And bring Kagome, I have to tell her exactly how her father died.”

InuYasha nodded as he stepped back towards the door. “Mother she couldn’t die because you lived. The mating mark prevents her death and Naraku needs you so he really can’t kill her even though he can.”

“The scroll InuYasha, remember it hides the location of the Shikon no Tama. Where did you hide it?“ his father asked.

“Someplace only a daughter could know.” InuYasha said as he stepped away.

***Kagome***

She knelt before her father’s grave, the smell of grave soil and death thick in the air. Behind her Sango and Shippo watched as Kagome rubbed a hand over the headstone. “Daddy I tried to be strong. But I couldn’t, I lost somebody again. I thought he would be like you and never come back but he did. Daddy did you tell him he couldn’t leave me?” a slight breeze pushed Kagome’s hair into her face. She pushed it out of the way and stood when an extremely strong gust pushed her and only her back on her knees and blew a way an inch of soil from the bottom of the grave marker. Clogged with dirt, Kagome could barely make out the words, ‘Fox Fire’

“Fox fire?” Shippo muttered as he held his hands out and a blue flame licked up from them then disappeared when he shut his hand.

Kagome looked at her hand. ‘if I can summon my miko power, can I summon my demon too?’ she closed her eyes and muttered, “Fox fire.” a bright burst of pink fire shot out from her hand and illuminated the grave. The stone shimmered before showing something that wasn’t there before.

“A compartment?” Sango asked.