InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Torture Me ( Chapter 49 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 49: Torture Me

They stood around the phone, Miroku sat on the edge of the counter with a grin on his face that nobody could seem to get off his face, Koga looking solemn as he inspected a claw, InuYasha looking annoyed as his brother merely lounged in one of his chairs. A shrill ring caused Miroku to jump and Koga to laugh as he tumbled to the floor looking around for the sound. InuYasha simply picked the phone up and shook his head.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“It’s me, Shippo’s fine. It turns out it was an allergic reaction to lavender. I honestly don’t know what he was doing eating my soap, but hey he’s a kid. I’m sure we all ate something like that.” Kagome said.

“I never ate anything like that. Okay, maybe I did. When you coming over?” he asked. The others crowded around him, except Sesshomaru who merely sat in InuYasha’s chair. He looked at a nail then pulled a set of nail clippers out and clipped the edge of one then looked at the others and trimmed them too. He put it away and brushed the clippings to the floor.

“Later, I have to pick up Shippo’s medication. He has red blotches all over.” Kagome said and another voice said something low where even he couldn’t hear. “Sango wants to talk to Miroku.”

“Okay.” he said and tossed the cordless phone to Miroku who juggled it before he was able to get a grip on it. “Sango wants to talk to you.” InuYasha said as he looked over at his preening brother, Sesshomaru was now using a lint brush to pick up any silver hairs on his black suit. He looked over it once and pocketed the lint brush. Koga sat on the floor and scratched his ear with his foot before looking around sheepishly. He gave a wolfish grin towards Miroku and used his other foot to scratch his other ear. InuYasha shook his head and Sesshomaru merely looked down his nose at him.

“What are you doing?” Miroku asked him as he pulled the phone up to his ear. “I was talking to Koga, cherry pie.”

“Doing what?” Koga asked looking clueless.

“Hey!” Miroku suddenly said as he turned red. “Why would I do that?”

“You all are nothing but idiots.” Sesshomaru said in his emotionless voice causing Miroku to burst out laughing.

Miroku turned serious, “I wasn’t laughing at you. I was laughing at Sesshomaru.”

Sesshomaru gave him a death glare as he adjusted the jacket of his suit. “Death wish?” he asked.

“Yes.” he said then shook his head no at Sesshomaru. “Okay love you bye.” he said, “No I won’t do anything to kill myself. Okay I won’t harass him anymore.” Miroku hung up the phone and tossed it to InuYasha who caught while glaring at his brother who was sitting in his chair. He placed the phone on the counter and looked at everybody.

“Are you going to practice at all?” Sesshomaru said as he picked up Tetsusaiga from its spot on the kitchen table. “If so I advise to do it now.” he tossed the guitar to InuYasha who caught it and cocked his head.

“Come on! Let’s play that new song.” he said as he hefted his guitar in his arms and head to the spacious living room. Miroku grinned and thumped Koga on the head as he passed him. Koga stood up quickly using his wolf speed and chased after the drummer.

Sesshomaru slowly stood and pulled out his phone from his pocket. “Jaken, bring me Tensaiga.”

He hung up and went into the living room and sat on InuYasha’s couch. InuYasha glared at him while he tuned his guitar. After a while they were done tuning and practiced a song they had performed before. They stopped and InuYasha started to strum on his guitar. Koga followed suit then Miroku after a few seconds started in on the drums.

Because I’m happy to be sad

I want it all I want it bad

Oh-ah-its what I know

A vintage year for pop I hear

The middle of the end is near

Torture me and torture me

It’s forcin’ me so torture me

Torture me with sorcery

It’s forcin’ me so torture me

All…

InuYasha stopped short because Koga’s guitar strings had broken. He glared at the wolf then growled. “What the hell! Put some new strings on it!” he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah about that, I didn’t bring any more strings!” Koga yelled, turning red in the face from anger. He hated when InuYasha did it.

“Yeah well at least I ain’t no smelly wolf demon!” InuYasha yelled and Miroku set his drum sticks down. He shook his head as he stood. “Sit down!” InuYasha barked at Miroku who promptly sat down.

“Hey I’m not the half breed in the room!” Koga insulted InuYasha back. “And I have a pure breeding background!”

InuYasha’s ears lay back as he growled, “Maybe I am and maybe I’m not but I have twice the power you even dream of wolf boy.” InuYasha calmly growled.

“Yeah and I have a mate while you only chose yours!” Koga yelled.

“So freakin what! I was imprisoned for five years!” InuYasha growled.

“Have you told Kagome that Kikyo was your first chosen?” Koga said suddenly.

“No, she had nothing to do with that.” InuYasha said.

“Have you told that Kikyo rejected you because of what you are and what had happened when she stabbed you with a knife? The animal you turned into? It took me and Sesshomaru to restrain you!” Koga yelled, his anger rising again. “And you still attacked her!”

“No! She doesn’t need to know my past!” InuYasha growled. “And I didn’t mean to!”

“Yes she does! She loves you! How will she ever know if you don’t show her the real you? You wrap up in so many layers of lies and deceit I don’t even know the real you any more!” Koga said as he lifted the shoulder strap of his guitar and hung it on his shoulder.

“This is the real me!” InuYasha shouted back. He hit his chest as he said this.

“Really InuYasha? What happened to the boy that would run after his brother to do what he was doing? What happened to the kid who played tag with me? What happened to the teen that played music so well he almost won a scholarship to the best music school in the world? The InuYasha I see before me is a lying, deceitful, hidden person with no morals. If you did have morals you would find it in you to explain to your second chosen why you are the way you are! You will cause pain if you lie!” Koga shouted, he pointed at him as he said every word, “I know I was with her when you were taken to the vet. She cried believing that you as the dog were the only thing she had anymore. She was afraid she would lose us all, including her dog. She was so damn afraid that my instincts took over! My instincts that haven’t been used by my family in centuries! She was a wreck. If I didn’t have Ayame, I would have taken her as a mate if it would have made her happy. The only person she ever wanted, ever loved without injury was you. Then you vanished. She was devastated.” he shook his head and paced, “why can’t you understand that you hurt the people who love you when you act like this? I know you are not the tough, insecure guy that you act out to be.” he turned away, his long black hair swinging. He adjusted his brown sweater and turned his face towards him, looking over his shoulder.

“You don’t know what it is like to have your mother, your father, your life ripped from you!” InuYasha growled, he took two steps forward. “I am this way because I was hurt! I was on the brink of death when they found me! No matter how much we hurt each other we never left each other this way! All I wanted to do was die because my family was dead! All I had ever known was dead! All except the only person who took me in.” he turned to face Sesshomaru and pointed while he turned back to look at Koga who had turned to fully face him. “And he didn’t even seem to want me to be around him.” InuYasha said as he left the living room and entered the hall heading to his room. They heard the door slam and looked at each other then at Koga. Koga looked dumbstruck. His ice blue eyes looked confused and his mouth slightly open.

“You had to go there didn’t you?” Miroku said as he debated whether or not to go to his friend. In the end he decided to go, glaring at Koga. Koga watched him go then looked at Sesshomaru. He scratched his head and smoothed back his ponytail.

“What do I have something on my face?” Sesshomaru asked as he brushed his face with a hand as to emphasize his point. “Or do you see something wrong with me lowly wolf demon?”

“Why must it always be me that’s the bad guy?” Koga asked slowly.

“Because you brought up something that he does not talk about, not even consider with himself to do so either. You are fortunate he did not transform or I would not be able to even stop him. He is stronger because he is half. He has a heart and soul and the savageness of a demon combined.” Sesshomaru said as if he said something distasteful. He looked thoughtful for a moment. “I hated him because he was father’s favorite and for what he was and what I couldn’t be. I realized my mistake when he vanished. I knew then that all my anger and hatred meant nothing if my brother, if he only may be my half brother, was missing. I realized that I hated everything because I was shunned by my father when he remarried, something unheard of with my type of demon.” he said as he stood, a green glow forming around his claws. “He may not have my whip, my transformation or my agility but he does have the bloodlust. Now leave before you do something else and let the girl in.”

“What do you mean let the girl in?” Koga asked feeling like a jerk.

“InuYasha’s chosen.” he simply said as he looked at his shoes and pulled a cloth from his pocket. He rubbed his shoes while Koga let Kagome in.

“Was it true what he said?” she asked quietly while Sesshomaru put the cloth back in his pocket. Koga left, taking his stuff with him. In the back Miroku was banging on InuYasha’s door demanding to be let in.

“Yes, unfortunately. We all have done something to cause the harm that has gone into his heart. Only you have done something to undo all that.”

“Chosen, what does that mean?” Kagome asked her fox senses alert and ready.

“It means he wants to share his life with you. He wants you as his mate.” Sesshomaru said just as the hammering and yelling ceased. They turned to look at the door and Miroku was being dragged away by his wife, Sango.

“Will he talk to me?” Kagome asked.

Sesshomaru gave her a calculating look then nodded, “I would hope so. If that don’t work you could always nick yourself.”

“Nick myself?” Kagome asked.

“Yes, draw him out with the smell of your blood. He will come for you either way.” Sesshomaru said as a car pulled up. “Excuse me.” he said as he stood and exited the room.

Kagome turned to face the back of the room just as the door Sesshomaru exited shut with a click. She walked forward as Sango placed her husband on the couch. She reached the door to InuYasha’s room and she could hear banging and ripping sounds. She hesitantly banged on his door.

“Go away!” he growled. “Can’t you see the door is locked? It means I don’t want to talk to any one!”

“Will you talk to me?” she asked quietly as she laid her head against the cool wood of the door. It smelt faintly of smoke and oak.

“yes.” he said after the sounds within stopped. The door was unlocked and it opened to show InuYasha looking haggard and worn from his fight with his room.

“What’s wrong?” she asked him as she stepped forward.

“You were there weren’t you?” he asked softly as he embraced her and held her close to him. She felt comforted and he felt strangely calmer.

“Yes, I was. I understand how you wish to protect me from the things that haunt you, but you need to understand that I am here to support you. The past is the past and can do no harm anymore. The future is what we need to consider, and the present is what affects us the most InuYasha. The past may have made you who you are but you have to remember that your friends and family is what makes you who you really are. Not the past, not your deeds.” Kagome told him while she embraced him tighter. She breathed as he breathed and she looked into his liquid gold eyes.

He stiffened as he looked around his room. He seemed to see what had happened. The room was shredded, feathers from his pillows, cotton from his blankets and wood shavings from clew marks in the walls and furniture. Just under his bangs, she noticed, a slash was healing. She stepped back and noticed many minor cuts and marks on his face and bare arms.

“What did you do to yourself?” she asked, her eyes tearing up.

“It hurt so much to think back, I had to let it out.” he looked down and his silver bangs covered his eyes. “New moon, tonight.” he said as she looked at him, tears streaming down her face.

“Why are you crying?” he asked her then, his gold eyes full of concern, the only part of him capable of showing emotion at this point in his life.

“I am crying for the pain you hide. The pain you had to bear alone all those years.” she said as she burrowed her tear stained face into his sweater. The cotton fabric smelled of him, his cologne and something deeper, something she couldn’t point out. He sighed and she felt it.

“You don’t have to.” he told her as he lifted her face up to look into her eyes. “What would you have done if I had never come back?” he asked her.

“I don’t know. I always knew deep within me that you would return.” she said. “I was always there for Sango when she and Miroku were having their difficulties and I was there when Koga’s child died and his oldest grew the sickest I have ever seen a child get. I will always be there for you too, and I know that you all will be there for me.”

He was amazed at her willingness to put her life and trust in the hands of others. “I will always be there for you, for as long as I live.” he embraced her again.

“Hentai!” Sango screamed from the living room.

“I can’t be called a pervert if you like Sango dear.” Miroku said to her. A loud thunk caused InuYasha and Kagome to look out towards the living room. Miroku was out cold and Sango was fuming.

“I guess I better go see if Sango’s okay.” Kagome said with a smirk and kissed InuYasha as she headed towards her friend.

“Friends and family are more important than my past.” he said then reached into his pocket for his cell phone.

“Koga? Hey I’m sorry.”