InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Rockstar ❯ Hesitation Is Just A Mirage ( Chapter 51 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 51: Hesitation is just a mirage

InuYasha tossed in the bed in the early morning as the sun was rising; his bones had turned to an icy feeling. He sighed and figured he wasn’t going to sleep no more so he swung his legs out of bed and sat on the edge. Kagome murmured in her sleep as she cuddled with a blanket.

He reached over for what felt like the second time and brushed the renegade strand from her lovely face and yawned. He loved to wake up to her face next to him, her body wrapped around his and her scent filling his nose. He inhaled it and kissed her on her cheek. He stretched and got out of bed, pulling the covers fully off his body. Kagome sighed as he left the bed and it shifted.

Slowly opening his door, he left his room and quietly went into the kitchen. He picked up a fruit and left the house heading to his Honda, a car his brother suggested he use when he wanted to get out without being noticed, which was parked under a tree. He got in and started the loud engine. His car pulled out onto the gravel rode and vanished around the bend in the road.

It was 6 in the morning.

***Back at the house***

“Miroku, what do you think he went to do so early in the morning?” Sango asked him as she sipped her coffee.

“I honestly don’t know. I mean we had a concert last night, handed a few tickets to our concert out and came home.” Miroku said as he yawned and pulled the large blanket around him.

“Miroku, I don’t feel so good.” she told him as she curled into a ball in his side.

He placed a hand on her head and shook his head, “You don’t feel hot.”

“My tummy.” she said as she got up and ran into the bathroom. ‘Her tummy?’ Miroku thought to himself.

***Kagome***

She tapped her pencil on her planner, scrawls of dogs, trees and a fox occupied her thoughts. She looked at the clock and sighed, two more hours till she goes home. She looked at the slowly moving hands that seemed stopped at one.

InuYasha had left that morning around six, Miroku and Sango had told her, with out a word. He had snuck out to his car and left, without saying goodbye to her. She felt betrayed and used. The pencil snapped in her hands. She looked at the fragments and swept them off the floor and opened her locked drawer and pulled out the wooden box.

InuYasha had told her not to open it without him by her side. She traced the dog shaped figure on the box and tried to come up with her father’s face. She failed horribly. She couldn’t seem to find her father’s face and she couldn’t reason why InuYasha would just get up and leave her. ‘unless.’ her mind teased. ‘He has another.’

“No.” she squashed the idea before it could fully manifest itself. “He couldn’t have a chance to do that, he was a dog.” she argued.

“Miss Higurashi?” her aide’s voice called from the room outside her door. “There’s a man asking to see you.”

“Let him in.” she said rubbing her temples. She picked up a pencil and pulled out a legal pad.

“Hello Miss Higurashi.” an oily slick voice asked.

It was noon.

***InuYasha***

He continued along the highway, one destination in mind. Behind him a car swerved into a lane behind him following him fast. He shrugged and sped his own car up, after all the car behind him was speeding. His car jolted when another car hit in the side. He looked over in the car and turned deathly white when he saw who it was.

“No.” his heart lurched as his car was pushed off the road.

***Miroku***

“Sango?” he asked timidly as he knocked on the door to the bathroom. “Are you okay?” he asked her softly.

“Yes.” she said after a while.

“What’s wrong?” he asked her, she had been locked up in the bathroom over half an hour ago when she came home from the store.

“Nothing’s wrong.” she said as she opened the door slowly.

“Then why were you in there so long?” he asked her as she hugged him around the neck. She whispered in his ear. “You’re what!” he said as he grinned.

“Yes, I am.” she said as he lifted her in the air. She kissed him on the mouth as he set her down.

***Shippo***

He whimpered as he was chased through his dreams by a phantom no longer living. He clawed at the wall he came at and tried to climb over it. The monster loomed over him and he screamed in his sleep as something grabbed him from his dream.

Rin was slung over the intruder’s shoulder, her long black hair dangling on the ground. The man reached up and grabbed the kit by the tail. He picked him up and tossed him in a bag. They left the room without bothering to shut the door.

***Sesshomaru***

His heart lurched as he watched the men take his mate and his brother’s kit from Kagome’s house. He punctured the leather seat as he pulled the guitar sitting on the seat. He twisted an edge and pulled a gleaming sword from it and held it out. He detached the second sword from the first and put it in his hand, ready for a fight.

Beside him on the consul his cell phone rang.

“What!” he hissed into the phone.

“He’s attacking!” InuYasha’s voice came from the phone; wind sounded like it was rushing by.

“I know.” he said calmly.

“I’m heading for Kagome.” he said as he hung up.

***InuYasha***

InuYasha jumped from building to building using his demonic speed to reach his destination. He reached her building just as a man entered it. Naraku.

***Sesshomaru***

He charged the man holding his mate without anger. The man wasted no time and brought her up in front of him, a deadly claw growing from his wrist. “He says to kill her if you cause problems. Want that?”

Sesshomaru turned and slashed the man’s head off. Rin’s body fell to the ground unharmed and the kit fell on her out of the bag as the man burned up and turned to black ash. He went to his mate and picked her and the kit up.

***InuYasha***

InuYasha watched on the building as Naraku came back out again without anything in his hands. The oily man looked up at where InuYasha was and smiled. He got into a black car and the car vanished around the corner.

He barged into the building demanding to see Kagome. The woman at the desk looked startled and pointed to a door.

Kagome was sitting at her desk with her back to him. Her scent was wrong.

“Nice to see you again, InuYasha.” Kikyo said as she turned around to face him.

“Your precious Kagome is away at the moment, at a distant place you won’t even find with that nose.” Naraku said emerging from a corner that was shadowed.

InuYasha growled as a tentacle shot out and wrapped him up. “I’ll kill you if she’s harmed.”

“You aren’t in any place to threaten half breed mongrel. Now, I might let her see you one last time if you tell me where it is.” he said as he looked around the office.

“Not here, it was never here.” InuYasha growled as red flashed into his eyes then passed.

“No, no, no. Bad dog.” Naraku said as he tightened his tentacle.

***Miroku***

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone and answered it. “Don’t move or you and she will die.” a harsh voice said over the phone as the building flooded with light, blinding both Sango and himself.

“Who are you?” he asked as a hand wrapped around his mouth and a sweet scent entered his nose. He blacked out and fell to the ground. Sango was beating the crap out of a man who tried to do the same to her. She looked at Miroku on the ground and screamed.

“Only I can knock him out!” she whirled on the man and nailed him in the eye with her foot. He fell to the ground in a heap.

***Kagome***

She woke up to a cold, wet cell with the smell of salt water in the air. Mold was heavy on the walls. She felt her throat tighten as Hiten walked from the shadows.

“You’re dead, I saw the blood.” she said as she backed up.

“Baby, that was show.” he said as he grabbed her around her waist and tore off her jacket and shirt. He trailed a claw down her chest and stopped at her bra. He sliced it with his claw as she froze. She breathed difficultly as he moved to her pants. Her miko powers flared up as he shredded her clothing, leaving her standing in just her underwear. She pushed him away and he resisted. “That don’t work now.” He said as he held up a blue object. “Absorbs it.”

She screamed as he gently sliced her underwear off and pulled his own pants down. “No one can here you. I also need to get back at that mangy half breed who killed my brother.” He said as he moved into her. She growled as her eyes flashed red.

Everything turned red and she blanked out. She awoke on the ground, shivering and covered in blood. None of it her own. Hiten lay on the ground, mauled and dead. His face was gone as was he lower body. She panted and threw up.

The cell door opened and a black body bag was thrown in with a body inside of it. The smell made her freeze as she looked at it.

“No.” she whispered as she unzipped it. Inside was the only thing she cared about, InuYasha. His neck was purple and he was barely breathing, his pulse was even slower. He was dying.

“Inu.” she said as she cried on him.

“Kag” he said so softly she nearly missed it. “The jewel they want, you hold it. Use it.” he said as he lay still.

“No! I won’t let you die!” she growled as she used her miko powers to heal his wounds. He breathed easier and his pulse was strengthening. She then shivered from cold and realized she was raped, again by the same man. Luckily, she thought, I wasn’t in heat. She took InuYasha’s long jacket off and put it on herself. She pulled him into her lap and rubbed his ears. He didn’t purr.