InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Running with the Wolves ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Running with the Wolves
Summary: Kagome finally makes her decision about InuYasha or Kouga.
Rating: PG13
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha so fuck off lawyers
Type: One shot
°•°•°•°•°• °•°•°•°•°•°R 26;°•°•°•
The wind was blowing harshly as the twisted love triangle stood in its grasp. Kagome stood between the two demons as they growled savagely. The demon slayer and the monk had left the scene sometime earlier at the young miko's request, taking the fox kit and the two tail cat youkai with them. They had been like this since late that afternoon and it was now nearing midnight.
 
“Guys can we please stop this? It's useless.” She stated matter-of-factly
The demons only growled in response. Kagome sighed as she realized they would never make it out of here before dawn.
 
“Kagome, I don't understand why you waste your time on this lowly hanyou. He obviously doesn't care about...” he was cut off by the loud snarling InuYasha was doing.
 
“Doesn't care about what Kouga... go ahead and finish” InuYasha hollered
 
“You don't care about Kagome like I do you sheseiji... you're always hurting her and making her feel like shit. Who do you think she comes running to when you hurt her?”
 
InuYasha stopped his growling and stared at Kagome with a hurt and angry look.
 
“You go running to that flea-bitten wolf?! Kagome what else do you do? Huh? Do you go off and fuck Hojo? Gods Kagome!”
 
Kagome was now nearing tears, but refused to shed them in front of the two demons.
 
“See that's what I'm talking about mutt, look at what you did! She's about to fucking cry and its your fault!” Kouga walked over to her and placed his arm around her comforting her and giving a shoulder to cry on. Kagome gladly accepted.
 
InuYasha stared at the two with disbelief. Kouga held Kagome protectively as she finished crying, and gently wiping away her tears.
 
“Oh my god Kagome, I can't believe this. Is this what you always do? What else happens when you run to him? Damnit wench!”
 
She was nearing tears again when Kouga pushed her behind him trying to save the small pride she had left.
 
“InuYasha what the fuck is wrong with you? This woman has loved you for so damn long and all you ever do is make her cry. Damnit mutt she is so damn strong and you don't see it.”
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“Damn are you that stupid? She puts up with your shit, with Kikyo's shit, being a sister to a distraught but strong demon slayer, a friend to a lecher monk that anyone would have killed by now, being a mother to an abandoned kit and balancing her time and our time. That's something you cant do.. hell I couldn't even do it. And you're to fucking stupid to realize that.”
After Kouga's speech, things seemed to stand still. Like time itself had frozen.
Kouga had turned back to face Kagome, this time he didn't see heart-breaking tears, he saw love. Kagome stared into the wolf demons eyes.
 
“Kouga....” she was about to say more when InuYasha budded in
 
“Don't tell me you're falling for his shit! Its all a lie so he can get into you pants.”
 
Kouga let out a threatening growl but stopped when he saw Kagome step towards InuYasha.
SLAP. The entire feudal era stopped when they heard a deafening slap followed by a loud yell.
 
“InuYasha....” she began sweetly “HOW DARE YOU! KOUGA HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT KIND TO ME AND YOU ACCUSE HIM OF THAT WHEN YOU'RE OFF FUCKING SOME CLAYPOT BITCH!! I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO FATHOM HOW STUPID YOUR LOGIC IS!” she finished with a slight whisper “And incase you were wondering, yes InuYasha I am falling for what he said because this time when I fall I wont break my neck”
 
InuYasha looked at her as he tried to decipher what she meant.
She looked at him and shook his head.
 
“InuYasha it amazes me that Kouga knows so much about me, and you don't.”
 
“Kagome...”
 
“No InuYasha I'm done with this, with you and Kikyo, I'm tired of being part of a triangle!”
 
“Kagome... what are you going to do?”
 
“Something I should have done in the beginning.” She turned to Kouga “Is your offer still open?”
 
“Offer?” InuYasha chimed in
 
“Of course Kagome.. I would have waited for ever for you.” He said placing a small kiss on her lips.
 
“What the hell?!”
 
“InuYasha, I'm going with Kouga. And that shows that you don't pay attention.. to anything. Every time Kouga visited he offered me a chance to leave with him, that's the offer InuYasha.”
 
“Kagome... your not going with him... are you?”
 
Kagome never even answered. Kouga picked her up and the whirl-wind began as the couple left for the pack leaving a confused and heart-broken hanyou behind.
%~%~%~%~~%~%~%~%~~
 
Corny ending but oh well hope you enjoyed so R/R