InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Safe in the Night ❯ Vertically Challenged ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenshi's Spot: This is considered a fast update for me. I know, I know, shudder at the thought. Well it's out but now I have to reconsider the outline for this extensive prologue. I just might make this for a different plotline all together.

Disclaimer …?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter Two- Vertically Challenged

::::::::::::::::::::::

Inuyasha raced down another hallway, grinning ear to ear. This was so much fun! He had abandoned the cool secret agent mode for the much funner running through the hallways and causing trouble mode. It's a wonder that nobody caught him but who was he to complain?

Feeling out of breath and thirsty, Inuyasha stopped his overzealous running. He was really thirsty. No, more like really really thirsty. And if he didn't get something to drink he'll die, he just knew it.

Spotting a nearby water fountain, Inuyasha eagerly walked up to it only to pout in disappointment seeing that it was too high for him even if he jumped. It's just no fun being small.

Suddenly a janitor entered the hallway, pushing along a cart of cleaning supplies. Inuyasha knew that it was a janitor because it said so on his shirt. His mommy taught him how to read when he was really young. But that's only because he's so smart, his mommy told him that, and you know what, she was right.

Inuyasha crawled into the space under the water fountain so as not to get spotted. All this hiding is starting to get boring, but he has to keep doing it so he won't get caught. The janitor stopped the cart in front of him, blocking his view. Inuyasha scowled, that's no fair! The man walked into a nearby bathroom but since he couldn't see anything, Inuyasha only knew that because his ears told him so. He has very good hearing. It's even better than his mommy's, she told him so herself. His mommy knows everything about him. Why she's almost as smart as him but he's only smarter because he's a boy and everyone knows that boys are smarter than girls.

Inuyasha crawled out of his hiding spot, keeping an eye out for the janitor. He must've not been paying close enough attention to what he was doing because suddenly there was a loud crash and all of the janitor's things spilled out on the side of the fallen cart, the tiny wheels spinning noisily.

Inuyasha froze, his heart stopped. He was sure of it because that's what it felt like. His brother told him that people can die from fright. Well he felt pretty frightened right now but he couldn't die yet. If he did, then he'll never finish his mission and his brother would get all of his toys because he'll be gone. Dying meant going away for a very long time but the can't leave right now, he just can't.

Bit by bit, his all of his fear went away. He was glad his brother wasn't here to see him like this because his brother wasn't scared of anything. His brother is the best; he just wished that his brother liked him as much as he did. Looking at the mess he caused, he was really happy that his mommy isn't here because if she was she would've made him clean it all up and he can't right now because he's super busy on a very important mission. And besides, cleaning up is no fun and it shouldn't be something that big boys like him should do. But try telling that to his mommy, she just doesn't understand.

Inuyasha grinned in happiness, baring his teeth like a Cheshire cat. Today must be his lucky day because now with the cart on the ground, he can finally get his drink! Inuyasha climbed up on the flipped cart with a little trouble. Did he mention how much he hated being short?

Finally reaching the water fountain, he drank until he felt that his stomach would burst. They should really have juice fountains instead of water fountains because juice taste so much better than water, but Kool-Aid tastes the best out of all of them. Too bad his mommy doesn't let him drink it anymore. That's just not fair because all of his friends get to have it except him, and he can't have it even at their house because his mommy told theirs he's not allowed. Oh well, he'll just tell his mommy he has to have it because that's what growing boys like him are suppose to drink! Jumping off his makeshift stool, Inuyasha dashed away fully reenergized, to complete his top-secret mission.

Moments later a middle-aged custodian stepped of a nearby bathroom to only stare with a mixture of confusion and frustration at the mess around him. the only clue about the culprit are tiny wet shoeprints made from spilt cleaning liquids.

The janitor could only sigh and shake his head in bewilderment, bending down to begin to fix the chaos only with one thought running around in his head; 'they clearly do not pay me enough for this.'

Nearby but out of sight, a young teen smirks to himself before around to find the cause of all this chaos via a different route.

'Little brother, little brother, you can run but you can't hide.'

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Tenshi's Spot: That's all for now folks. Now that's how Bugs Bunny is a awful role model. You know the drill, so…um, get to it…please?

Special thanks goes to…

(for fanfiction.net. if you want responses, you gotta send a response!)

Lil Angel Girly for having such a way with words. A person can really learn a lot from you.

Jamie for her much too true reprimand and for just reviewing. Thanks.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;