InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms and Kisses ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Once again I am back..I still have no money to pay the internet bill...but they haven't cut it off yet. My Grandpa said that he'd try to pay it for me so I'm wondering if that will work out..but anyways, thanks to all my reviewers and I will try to post again soon!

It is sweet madness, glorious sadness that brings me to my knees......- Sarah McLauchlan

Sakura Blossoms and Kisses: Chapter 8

A Few Years Later

A little Inuyasha smiled as he ran around the garden, chasing after his brother's retainer, Jaken. Taking a chance, Jaken looked behind him to see if Inuyasha was there, only to get tackled by the little hanyou. Struggling, Jaken tried to get away from the young prince, but to no avail. Inuyasha just laughed as he wrestled the toad down and kept him still.

A deep laugh sounded from behind them, making Inuyasha turn around. A smile came to his face as he jump up off of Jaken and ran to the open arms of his elder brother. "Sesshy!" He said happily as he hugged his brother. Sesshomaru smiled down at his little brother as he held onto him. "You've grown while I've been away." Inuyasha nodded quickly, smiling as his ears twitched.

"Yup, Daddy said the same thing when he came back a few days ago." His elder brother just smiled before he sat him on his shoulders and started back towards the castle, being followed by an unhappy toad.

Present Day

Miroku watched Sesshomaru for a moment as he trailed off from the story, his eyes looking out the castle window once again and onto the grounds and forest below. "Sesshomaru-sama, if I may ask, why did you hate Inuyasha at the beginning?" Catching Sesshomaru's attention, the taiyoukai turned to face the two ningen that were seated on his couch, his eyes turning to Miroku.

"What do you mean 'at the beginning'?" His voice held confusion as his amber eyes held his piercing gaze. "The first time that Lady Kagome met you, she said you were trying to kill Inuyasha to get the Tetsusaiga, and then when I first met you, you were once again trying to kill Inuyasha to get the sword. So how can you honestly say that you love him when you have attacked him so many times?"

Sesshomaru took a deep breath before he turned to look out of the window once again, his eyes burning with anger, hurt, and betrayal as he replied, "Because, after Izayoi died Inuyasha did not come back to me like he said he would. He let people hurt him and he grew up alone, that was, until he met a miko by the name of Kikyo. I watched from afar as he slowly fell in love with her, he was willing to throw away who he really was and become a human for her."

Amber eyes flared with anger as he kept his gaze on the forest. "He would've given up everything he was just to please her...and then he fell for the miko's reincarnation. Yet she was someone who accepted him as he was and she still does, but that doesn't erase the fact that for years he forgot that I was waiting for him to come back home, to come back to me." "And he never did." Sango finished softly as she looked at the Western Lord.

Sesshomaru just nodded his head, hateing the fact that these humans could read him so easily. "Sesshomaru-sama, if I may suggest something." An aggrivated sigh followed by his smooth voice, "What is it?" "You need to apologize to him before he leaves you for good. Even if you think it's not your fault, when two people fight, the blame is on both of them." Sesshomaru just stood silently, taking in the words before he nodded. "Maybe so, but I still have a story to tell.."

------

Gwg: Yes, I know this chapter was a long time coming and it wasn't really long, but I hope you guys like it while I try to come up with more ideas for my other stories. Anywho, read and review and I'll try to update soon, Ja ne!