InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms and Kisses ❯ Chapter Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Well, it seems that you guys really do like this story. I got enough reviews and I decided to continue it for everyone who wants it continued. I really did consider letting it end like that, but I changed my mind and decided to continue it.

Never fear the distance between your dreams and reality- Unknown

Sakura Blossoms and Kisses: Chapter 13

It had only been a few hours since Inuyasha's death, but to Sesshomaru it felt like eternity. They were now traveling towards Naraku's Castle with a small army of demons. If their plan worked, they would be able to defeat Naraku from the inside out, but to do that they needed help. And with that it mind, enter Kikyo, Kagura, and Kanna. It was a well known fact that Kikyo had helped Naraku many times and it was said that she despised Inuyasha. Yet, the undead Miko had agreed to help them kill Naraku and finish the Shikon No Tama. Kagura and Kanna were a whole different story indeed.

Both of them were the spawn of Naraku, and yet they hated him with every fiber of their being. To kill Naraku they needed all the help that they could get and Kagura and Kanna were a big part of their plan. While Naraku was recovering, Kanna would get Kagura's heart from him, and Kagura would get his part of the jewel. Another known fact was that Onigumo still resided in Naraku, and so the halfbreed would be unable to kill Kikyo, something that their plan heavily relied on when Sesshomaru and the others had thought of it just mere hours ago.

A few hours ago

Sesshomaru stood up, holding his brother's limp form in his arms as he looked around at everyone else. He had a plan in his mind, and it had to do with bring his love/brother back to life.

"Kagome, I need you to locate the miko named Kikyo. Koga, you can go with Ginta and Hakkaku and track down Kagura and Kanna, they aren't too far from here, understood? Tell Kagura that I will take her up on her offer to destory Naraku, but she has to get me the whole jewel and Kanna has to get her heart from the halfbreed, now go!"

Koga nodded and took off with his two companions, leaving a trail of dust behind them as Kagome closed her eyes, using her faint bond with Kikyo to locate her. Miroku and Sango stood off to the side of their friend, wondering what the Demon Lord had in mind that concerned using three of their enemies as well as the Shikon No Tama.

It didn't take Kagome long to locate Kikyo and as such Miroku and Sango were sent off to retrieve her as they rode on Kirara's back. The Lord of the Western Lands was silent as he watched Kaiser and Tsunamu fetch a carriage for him to lay his brother's body in. Kagome just watched the taiyoukai with sympathy, placing her hand lightly on his shoulder.

"Before you say anything Sesshomaru, my sympathy reaches out to everyone who has lost someone today...Inuyasha ment a lot to us, as he did to you. It is a lose that weighs heavily with us all."

Sesshomaru had just nodded his head in agreement, laying his brother in the back of the carriage that was led by a team of horse youkai. The leader of the team of 8 horses, 9 counting the leader himself, was as white as a shining star with deep blue eyes. He could recall meeting the horse when he was younger, and if he wasn't mistaken, it's name was Soraono. It was the fast horse in all of Japan, and the strongest as well. It had been old when he was young, and so Soraono had to be ancient now.

"You will carry us with great speed to the battlefield Soraono, will you not?"

The horse neighed in agreement, stomping it's hooves to show how eager he was to help the sons of Inutaisho. Sesshomaru just nodded mutely to the horse, running his hand lightly down it's neck before he moved towards the only black horse of the group. Yami, which concidentally ment dark, was at the back of the group. His dark black eyes studied Sesshomaru for a moment, before he neighed in reconition.

Yami had been just a colt when Sesshomaru was a pup, and the two had been friends. After his father's death, Yami had been sent along with Soraono and Sora to stay with Houtai, and that's how it had been ever since.

"Lord Sesshomaru, everyone is returning now."

Prince Kaiser said with a quick bow before he moved back over to his brother. Sesshomaru just nodded and waited for them to arrive.

Present Day and Time

"Sesshomaru-sama, what is your plan exactly?"

Miroku asked after the silence reigned for awhile. The Demon Lord barely acknowledged that the monk had spoken to him as he continued to stare straight ahead. He felt more than heard Kagome shift beside him, waiting for him to answer her friend.

"We are going to defeat Naraku with the help of our enemies..and after we finish the Shikon No Tama we have to make a dicision."

"What would that be Sesshomaru-sama?"

"We have to decide whether we want to wish Inuyasha back or wish for the Jewel of Four Souls to disappear forever."

It was then that the reality hit them, Inuyasha might never come back to them. Internally, Sesshomaru fought a battle within himself over his brother. He desperatly wanted him back, but the Tenseiga had not pulsed at all since his brother's death. He had touched the hilt of the sword many times, but it seemed that it refused to obey him the one time that he needed it the most. It had worked without his calling upon it on Rin and then on Jaken, but now when he wanted the most precious person is his meager life back, it would not heed to his call.

Kagome could see the anger beneath Sesshomaru's flawless mask. She supposed it came with living near him during the months that Inuyasha had left. The castle was beautiful, something that she had not expected. She could sometimes see what she thought Inuyasha's life would be like, living in the castle. Yet, she knew that living in the castle would mean nothing when it came to how Inuyasha was treated.

She had always thought that the two brother's hated eachother with a burning passion, but after Sesshomaru never killed or really attempted to kill Inuyasha something became known to her. She could see Sesshomaru's strategy to train his younger half-brother for the battle ahead with Naraku. 'He may have been cold at first, but slowly, he became warm...He let us stay in the castle..and he does love Inuyasha...maybe he isn't so bad after all.' Kagome thought to herself with a smile as she looked foward towards the mountain, and the barrier that lead to Naraku's Castle. The Final Showdown was upon them, would they make it out alive or would they perish at the hands of the half-demon Naraku?

Gwg: Yes, I got enough reviews to continue the story..and I couldn't leave you guys hanging. Anywho, to continue from here I atleast want 10 reviews before I post the next chapter. I was writing this in English 9 Honors today and I got in trouble when the teacher noticed that I wasn't paying attention. I hope you guys like this and I can't wait for your reivews!