InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura Blossoms and Kisses ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: I was wondering if I should cut the story off at this chapter..or maybe the next one..I seem to be getting less and less reviews and even though I love writing this story it's hard to balance it with highschool and everything else that I have to do. So my conclusion is that unless you want me to quite the story, please review!

`Osanai kioku no kata sumi ni

Atatakai basho ga aru soushi

Hoshi tachi ga hanasu mirai ga

Itsumo kagayaite ita

So shine`- Every Heart- BoA, fourth Inuyasha Ending Theme

Sakura Blossoms and Kisses: Chapter 12

Sesshomaru fought like he had never fought before. All thoughts of anything or anyone else other than his brother disappeared as he neared where his brother was. He could already hear his brother yelling at Tsunamu and Koga to keep to the side and out of Kohaku's aim, while him and Kaiser distracted him away from the other two. He was aware of the taijya's over whelming sadness at hearing that her brother was fighting for Naraku, not against him.

And then he was assaulted by the scent of blood, tons of it. As he looked around him, he was able to tell that he was in the middle of the battle field surrounded by dead bodies of ally and enemy. He was suddenly aware of the miko standing beside him, her eyes wide with fear as she looked to his right. Sesshomaru turned to see what had caught Kagome's attention, only for his body to freeze. Inuyasha was fighting Kagura by himself, but coming from behind him was Naraku.

"Inuyasha! Behind you!"

Miroku called out as he hit a demon away from him with his staff. Inuyasha turned to face his friends, surprised to see them there fighting. His violet eyes widden when they landed on Sesshomaru, amber meeting violet and locking in a heated gaze that translated everything they felt at the moment. Naraku took Inuyasha's distraction and used it against him as he drove one of his tenticles through Inuyasha's chest.

The taiyoukai froze in place as he watched the blood roll down his brother's chest from the hole, a puddle forming underneath him as Naraku held him higher.

"You are mine Inuyasha, and I will kill you this time."

Naraku laughed with a malicious smirk on his face as Inuyasha coughed up blood on the end of his tenticle, the hanyou's face contorted in pain. Suddenly, a vicious growl was heard everywhere and the battle stopped, everyone turning to face the taiyoukai. His eyes were a crimson red, his fangs bared as he raced at Naraku, the latter being to slow to stop the attack. All Naraku felt was a burning pain as Sesshomaru's claws slashed at him, cutting his face and his chest.

Inuyasha fell from Naraku's tenticle, landing in the arms of his brother. Another ferocious growl left the Lord of the Western Lands as he watched Kagura and Kanna come to Naraku's aid.

"Sesshomaru, we have to do something for Inuyasha..He's losing too much blood."

Kagome stated as she neared them cautiously. Sesshomaru watched her closely for a moment before he lowered his brother to the ground and allowed Kagome and Sango to come near them. As Kagome worked on Inuyasha with Sango's help, the battle started once again with Sesshomaru and Naraku going at it with eachother, evenly matched. Miroku stayed nearby as did Tsunamu, Kaiser, and Koga to protect them from any of the demons while they worked.

As they continued to work on him the sun started to rise and Inuyasha made his transformation back into his regular hanyou self. A deep sadness was in Kagome's eyes as she moved away from him slightly, Sango following her lead. Naraku's forces were starting to retreat, having their army being totally annhiliated. Sesshomaru had now moved back to the group, the taiyoukai almost wanting to recoil because of the smell of his brother's blood, and lots of it.

Something compeled him to look up into the eyes of the miko, and in her sapphire eyes he saw a deep and raw sadness, with one look at his brother, he knew why. He had lost way to much blood in his human form and now his hanyou form, he was worn out and tired. He would not walk away from this battlefield, and that was the hard truth.

"Sess...homaru..."

Sesshomaru kneeled beside his brother, bringing him into his arms slowly, being careful of his wounds. His younger half brother looked up at him with slightly dulled amber eyes, a reminder that his brother wasn't always as cocky as he seemed. The others were gathered around them, watching the scene silently. Shippou had come closer to Inuyasha and Sesshomaru than the others, the little kitsune youkai settled himself beside Sesshomaru so that he could clearly see his 'big brother'.

"Sssh Inuyasha, just sleep..."

Sesshomaru whispered quietly, his heart breaking inside of his chest. He had never ment to cause his brother any pain, but that was all that he had done. His brother had been of a pure heart since he was born, and even through all of the killings, he still kept that pure heart. Him on the other hand has lost his pure heart as time went on, the death of both of his parents only added fuel to the growing fire of hate and coldness that soon consumed him. Sesshomaru was surprised when a clawed hand stroked his cheek gently, as he looked down at his brother he was greeted with a fanged grin.

"Don't worry.....about me....Sesshomaru.....Everything will be....alright.......Father and Mother told me so..."

Inuyasha whispered before his hand started to fall, Sesshomaru caught it and brought it to his heart, holding it there as he looked into the eyes that so matched his own in color.

"Yes, little brother...Everything will be alright...just sleep my love...and when you wake up you'll be in a better place."

Inuyasha nodded his head slowly, turning to look at his other friends and then turning his eyes to Kagome. He could see the compassion she had for him, the commpassion that she had for every living being. Yet, he had been blind to her love and had unintentionally hurt her many times on his hunt for Kikyo, and then for Sesshomaru. She understood him and never turned him away from her and she never would.

"Inuyasha, there is nothing that you need to say. You have been forgiven, you always will be..."

He could see the tears falling down her cheeks and hitting the ground below her. The same was for Miroku, Sango, Kirara, Shippou, and everyone else gathered around them. Shippou carefully climbed onto his chest, being careful of his wound as he looked into the amber depths that belonged to his friend.

"I'm gonna miss ya, big brother."

Shippou stated with a half smile. Inuyasha fought the sleep that wanted to claim him, but then he heard Kagome humming and then her and Sango as they sung softly.

"Ikutsu namida o nagashitara

every heart

sunao ni nareru darou

Dare ni omoi tsutaetara

every heart

kokoro mita sareru no darou

nagai nagai yoru ni obieteita

Tooi hoshi ni inotteta

meguru meguru toki no naka de

Bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru

Tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara

kyou mo takaisora miageteiru

donna egao ni deaetara

every heart

yume wo fumidasereruyo

hitowa

kanashimi no mukou ni

every heart

shiawase ukabete nemuru

itsuka itsuka subete no tamashii ga

yasuraka ni nareru youni

meguru meguru toki no naka de

boku tachi wa ikite nanika wo shiru

toki ni warai shugoshi naite

kyou mo mada aruki tsuzukete iku

osanai kioku no kata sumi ni

atatakai basho ga aru soushi

hoshi tachi ga hanasu mirai ga

itsumo kagayaite ita

so shine

meguru meguru toki no naka de

Bokutachi wa ai o sagashiteiru

Tsuyoku tsuyoku naritai kara

kyou mo takaisora miageteiru

meguru meguru toki no naka de

boku tachi wa ikite nanika wo shiru

toki ni warai shugoshi naite

kyou mo mada aruki tsuzukete iku."

It was a song that his mother had sung to him many times when he was smaller, a song that he loved. His eyes started to close slowly as he heard his brother begin to sing the song over again with Miroku, Kagome, and Sango. And it was so that Prince Inuyasha passed away.

"And it will come to pass that my sons will not fight for the others blood. They will love eachother with a love that surpasses that of everything else. Trial and Error will be how they learn and experience will be on their side. Together they shall bring the downfall of the greatest evil that Japan has ever seen."

Izayoi smiled tenderly at Inutaisho as they looked out over the balcony into the garden. A young Sesshomaru was playing with a younger Inuyasha, teaching him the skills of fighting and the art of attack. Inutaisho's youngest son was a quick learner and a very skilled fighter, even though he was only just a halfbreed and a child no less.

"You are right Inutaisho, they will bring peace to a land that has long forgotten the word. Wars are being waged on every side of Japan and needless blood is being shed. The demons and the humans have always been enemies, but maybe Prince Sesshomaru and Inuyasha will be able to bring them together."

The Lord of the Western Lands just nodded as he pulled his mate to his chest, a real smile on his face as he watched his sons.

Gwg: Yes well, I think I just might end the story here..what do you think? If I get atleast 10 reviews I will continue the story like I planned to..Anyways, the song was Every Heart by BoA, the fourth ending to Inuyasha. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please review!