InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Same Thing, Different Time ❯ Go Fetch! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Same as any other chapter before. (Darn it!)

NOTE: This chapter has been major revisions throughout. The theme is essentially the same (the ending section - at Kaede's - is the same also) but there are quite a few dialog and thought changes. There is also an additional part that the original chapter did not have in it.

Oh, and Inuyasha nsi, I even revised the message I wrote you. Hope this one reads better.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Same Thing, Different Time

by: aishiteru_inu

Part 19: Go Fetch!

Previous Chapter:

"InuYasha, you did it!"

"Feh! Don't sound so surprised. I told you I'd take care of it."

Managing to finally reach him through all the slippery, smelly debris, she actually jumped into the air the last few feet to him, and landed with a soft thud.

"That was… That was… so awesome!" she said, highly excited. There was certainly much more to him than fists and brawn and mouth.

InuYasha just stood there watching her with amazing wonder -- the way she sprung into the air, and popped up with a huge smile on her face at him, and how her eyes had the brightest shine he had ever seen in them before. She was definitely on an adrenaline high, and why he didn't leave it at that he didn't know.

"Uh, Kagome? You still have the jewel, right?"

***********************

Kagome went instantly still. Her body stopped swaying, and the smile on her face faded. She stood that way several seconds, then slowly she turned her head to face him. If one could go from extreme happiness to total blankness, she did.

"What?" she asked as if she had heard but wasn't sure she had heard correctly.

"I said, you didn't by any chance lose the necklace, did you?" then he added in a much lower voice, folding his arms and glancing away, "Geesh, you'd think you were the one that got their ear shot."

So, she had heard what she thought she did the first time! And, on top of that, he threw in a dash of sarcastic insult! Her ecstatic state of being had the life span of about one minute before it changed into another that was in complete contrast.

With something equivalent to one of his growls, soft at first then growing in volume, she snapped, "You… lunkhead! Something other than your ear should have gotten shot!" Then she started walking away from him, kicking herself for missing the opportunity to see him frantically searching for the stupid thing when she said yes! She would have to remember that for a later time.

"Hey!" He called at her retreating back, completely taken off guard as to what had set her off. "What's got you so mad?"

"Nothing," was all the answer she gave him as she kept walking, picking her way through the gory mess that strewn the area.

"You can't say that when you're acting all weird and walking away from me… again!" he returned, having to raise his voice somewhat because of the growing distance between them. "Hell, you don't have anything to be mad at me about!"

Kagome just continued her departure from him.

"All I did was ask about the jewel to make sure it was safe."

"Yeah… well,… isn't that the million dollar question," came the flippant response.

Eh? InuYasha stared at her with big eyes, more confused now than before. Why would his mention of the jewel cause such a reaction from her. After all, it was the one thing of importance to keep track of.

He wasn't completely sure just how much the old woman had told her about the jewel, but he did know that she was told not to give it to him. Surely the old woman hadn't told her enough, or maybe that brain of hers just couldn't comprehend what power she truly had around her neck. To him, she still seemed to regard it as just a pretty trinket; one to play 'keep away from the hanyou' no less. Certainly if he was after it, she'd realize that there where other dangerous monsters out there after it as well? Didn't this fiasco with the snake monsters prove that?

Well, whatever she thought, the girl most certainly knew damn well how important it was to him! How important for him to know that it hadn't gotten lost somewhere. If that jewel slipped through his fingers just because of her negligence, he would NOT be very happy.

"Oh, come on!" he burst out after several long seconds. "You can't seriously be upset with me about that!"

She didn't stop or say anything.

"Kaaagooomeeee!" he fumed, the call of her name was intended to make her stop, but she just ignored him and marched on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Her only thought was of putting some space between them right now, or she might do something she'd regret later.

'Yeah, like taking the necklace off and throwing it at him. He would know exactly where it was if it hit him in the head!'

Ok, maybe he was right that she couldn't really be mad over his concern for the jewel's safety. After all, it wasn't as if she didn't know the one very reason that he hung around, following her. And he did make it a habit of asking about it every time they met, making it more than clear, in one way or another, the importance of the jewel to him. It was because of the little round orb that had him barge into her life in the first place.

Still, it annoyed the heck out of her.

Every time she had kinder thoughts about him, or he 'rescued' her and went to thank him, he would bring up questions about the necklace in such a way that it blew any well meaning appreciation she had to smithereens. Actually, it did more than annoy her, it kind of… hurt. It shouldn't, considering how rude, arrogant, and bad mouthed he could be toward her, yet it did.

Was the jewel really the ONLY thing of importance to him? Didn't anything else matter?

How could she be upset when she knew what he was about?

Kagome took a deep breath and heaved a sigh. There was that time he did save her without the concern of the necklace she wore. He saved her from tumbling down the stairs last Saturday. That counted for something, right?

She had it in her mind to either go back or call for him to go with her when, the next instant, her feet slipped out from under her. So distracted in her thoughts, her attention wasn't on anything else; especially not where she was walking. She landed upon her back in a puddle of snake youkai gore, with a thudding splat. She laid there dazed for a moment; the wind having been knocked from her, then, either she had hit her head a bit too hard, and her ears were playing tricks, or that was soft laughter coming from behind her.

Slowly Kagome turned over to extract herself out of the mess, and looked toward the source of the sound. She found the white hair, golden-eyed, dog eared hanyou looking straight at her. With amusement in his eyes, he stood there with a big snickering smirk on his face, which displayed his pointed canines. As if it wasn't embarrassingly bad enough to be sprawled upon the ground in a puddle of smelly goo!

'You think that's funny, do you?' she thought as her mortification gave way to something a little more volatile.

Seeing her brows furrow and the meaningful glint in her eyes, wiped the grin from his face and brought the hanyou to silence. Before he finished thought to even say the word 'uh oh', the dark haired girl issued the single word command.

"SIT!"

The beads infused with life and he immediately felt the tug as they introduced him to the ground, -- albeit ground covered in the same mess that she had fallen in. Needless to say, he wasn't too happy when he managed to lift his head. Even though she didn't see it herself, as she was busy sloughing demon fluids off of her, he gave her an irritated look.

He was still looking at her when she gave her arms a strong flap, which wound up being the wrong thing to do, because it only set her off balance. Like a flaying bird, she tried to keep her balance in the slickness under her feet, but wound up doing a belly flop upon the ground.

"HA!" the single word erupted from his throat.

"SIT!" came from hers.

Once his head popped up again, he gave a low growl, but other than that didn't say anything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Once the spell wore off, InuYasha was up in less than a heart beat, shaking himself like a dog (no real pun intended) to rid his own self of the demon's filth.

"Hell, wench, now I'm going to have to take a bath!"

"Awww, koinu doesn't like getting wet?" she taunted in a teasing voice still sensitive over the fact that he had laughed at the expense of her dignity.

He flicked a glaring look at her. "I ain't no puppy!"

"Then don't call me wench."

"Keh!" He growled as he looked down at himself, picking at the damp tee-shirt that clung uncomfortably against his skin. He was trying to avoid looking at her because, for one, he was still somewhat irritated over the fact that she was just going to walk off from him again. Just where did she think she was going to go way out here? And he didn't care for her choice of word to taunt him with either. He was well past being a little kid!

For another reason… well, after landing in the youkai's fluids the second time, her shirt clung to her skin, which just emphasized her figure just that much more. But keeping his head down proved to be harder than he thought as he lifted his filth splattered head just enough to be able to see her through the shield of his bangs. She was doing the same thing as he was; pulling the wet shirt away from her body. Letting go, the material just hung heavy against the swell of her breasts.

"Keh!" he growled under his breath, forcing his focus back to himself.

"Yuck! This is sooo gross…" She exclaimed, giving her hands a flick, "and I…" screwing up her face at the offending odor coming off her, she added, "smellawful!" talking more to herself than to him. "I need a bath really bad!"

A ready remark was at the tip of his tongue, when he thought better of it. In truth, he wasn't much better off at the moment either, and he didn't feel like getting slammed back into the ground, so instead, he just quietly continued to brush the now non-existing debris off him.

"InuYasha," He noticed by the sound of her voice that she was drawing closer, and the temper of before had gone from it. "could take me back home now?"

He was silent, refusing to look at her.

"InuYasha?" She halted in her tracks.

It took another few seconds, but he finally lifted his head slightly. Raising his eyes, not so much as to look at her, but to glance across the field, off to the side of her.

"Keh! You were doing pretty good walking away on your own." Lifting a hand, he used two fingers; wiggling them back and forth as to mimicked a person walking. "Just keep heading that way and you should be back home before midnight."

He wasn't really serious, was he?

"You… don't really… mean that…" She asked in a tone as if he were joking, yet her voice wavered with uncertainty. If he would have looked, he would have seen the apprehension in her eyes, which quickly spread throughout her in the very brief pause of silence.

"But… I…" She watched as he continued plucking at his clothing, deliberately ignoring her.

"You don't really mean that," repeating herself, not able to think of anything else to say. "I-InuYasha?"

She went totally blank. ( O_O ). Standing there, she could only stare at the hanyou, that fidgeted about, determined not to look at her or say anything more. Was he really upset that she had walked away from him? It wasn't as if she could have completely left him anyway. Where was she going to go out here? Besides, it was better that she put some space between them while she dealt with the aggravating fact that he had such a one track mind -- and for a necklace no less!

Surely he wouldn't really just let her walk all that way alone. She did after all have the necklace about her neck! It didn't make sense that he would send her off to walk home on her own. Before, she had to argue with him not to take her home. There had to be something more.

With eyes scanning over him again, she realized what it was.

Taking a few more steps to close the distance between them, she reached a hand up toward his injured ear, intending to inspect the damage that she had accidentally caused. The usually snowy white ear and hair was marred with streaks of matted darkened blood.

"Keh!" InuYasha sounded, even before she managed to touch it. Dipping and twisting his head, he took a couple of steps back. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I was… only going to see how bad your ear was." she tried giving him an understanding smile.

"It'll be fine. Just don't touch it."

"But…" the smile waned from her face. "you… let me play with them earlier."

"That was then. Doesn't mean you can just grab them any time you want."

"I wasn't grabbing," she objected. "I just wanted to see if you were alright. There's blood…"

Moving a few more steps away, he replied, "Don't worry yourself about it."

Kagome drew in her bottom lip. Why was he being so weird?

"Will you at least let me look at your back? Those gashes looked pretty nasty when…"

"No."

Her brows narrowed, not understanding. "Why not?"

"Feh! I told you, wench, I'm fine. They aren't anything to worry about. They're nothing more than scratches."

Scratches? From what she had seen before, they were more than scratches. Any other person, -- and wounds like that -- it would have killed them, or had them bleeding to death fairly soon, but InuYasha wasn't just any person. But, still, he had to be in some pain over them.

"InuYasha…" She said his name under her breath, wanting to reach out to him, not understand why he wouldn't let her near him.

"You know, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you would have just handed that necklace over a couple of weeks ago. You're a dumb little girl without a clue what that pretty babble is…"

"Is the necklace the only thing that's important to you?"

"Well, gee," he started up, completely unlike himself. "let me think." He folded his arms in a way that rested his one elbow onto the forearm of the other as he clasped his fingers about his chin while the one tapped upon his cheek. His head tilted upward slightly, as did his eyes, as if giving thought to her question. Then, nearly as suddenly, he dropped his hand away from his chin to complete the fold of his arms across his chest. Looking straight at her with a narrowed gaze, he snapped, "What you do think, baka?!" and threw her own quote back at her, "Isn't that a million dollar question?"

Choosing to ignore his attitude, she asked, "And saving and protecting me?" She gave a little pause for him to answer, but he just stood there. She knew the answer, but she couldn't help the need to hear it from him.

'It's only because of the jewel in this necklace.' the voice in the back of her head piped up.

"Everything is just because of the jewel in this necklace." There was a pause of silence, then she added, "The truth of the matter has always been that you're waiting for the opportunity to steal it."

Another short pause.

"Aren't you?"

He didn't answer her, looking away in a huff.

"Aren't you?!"

Kagome could tell that he was struggling to hold back answering her as he stood there with a somewhat boyish reluctance to speak, then he turned back to face her and arrogantly made the off-handed comment, "What else would I be there for? I wouldn't waste my time on an stupid, ugly girl like you if it wasn't for that! It's not because I like you or anything!"

The instant he said it, he regretted them. She stood there looking at him with those big brown eyes of hers, which nearly made him relent and admit more than he was willing to. He had called her ugly and stupid before, but never had they felt so wrong as they did at that moment. Here she was, concerned about him, -- no one had ever been that concerned about him since his mother. But he couldn't let himself be 'nice' right now, and as she continued to stare at him unblinking, he could see the flood of tears that started to weld up.

No. Not that. She was going to cry over him again!

Kagome drew her bottom lip into her mouth and bit down upon it with her teeth as her eyes started to burn. She had asked for it, didn't she? She forced an answer out of him, one which she already knew, but hearing it still stung.

The jewel the only reason he was there. The jewel was the only reason he kept her safe. He didn't come into her life for anything else, to be anything else. The jewel was everything.

And everything was be because of the jewel. The strange happenings. The monsters. The ridiculous story behind it…… Him. Just how much of her life had been turned upside down because of it? She wasn't anybody. Not someone special. She was just a normal teenage girl, going to high school, with friends, and dates and dances to look forward to. What business did she have being on this roller coaster that she didn't agree to get on in the first place?

"Kagome, stop…" InuYasha was a bit shaken over her reaction, but then a smile curved the corners of her mouth even though she was still biting her bottom lip. She looked away from him, down toward the ground at her feet.

"You know what?" She said as she reached up with both hands and undid the clasp at the back of her neck. Taking hold of the jagged stones of the necklace in one hand, she pulled it from her, withdrawing the round gem from inside her shirt. "Here." She held the jewel out toward him. "This is what you're really concerned about. This is what you come to the rescue for. This is the reason that your stuck with someone like me, so… take it."

The hanyou just stared at the iridescent bluish-pink orb. There it was, being held out to him, and yet he couldn't raise his hand up to take it.

It wasn't completely true what she said. He knew that he made it sound like that, made her believe that, but it wasn't the only thing that he was concerned about… just the most important.

Raising his golden eyes back up to hers, he saw the tears trying to sneak over her lashes even as she rigidly tried to keep them from falling. His ears dipped a little.

He opened his mouth as if to speak, but she cut him off.

"Go ahead, InuYasha. Take it. You won't have to worry about me losing it anymore. I won't have to worry about being chased by demons anymore. You can be happy, and things will go back to normal for me."

'This is for the best.' she thought.

"Kagome, I… don't want…"

"What? You don't want this?" She took a step toward him, her hand tight around the jagged pieces as she continued to hold it out to him. "This that you have haunted my life for the past couple of weeks for?!"

InuYasha in turn took another step back, as if to avoid touching it. The firm resolve that was set upon her face made him more scared of her at the moment than he ever thought to be with the snake youkai. The tears finally managing to roll down her cheeks.

"Here," She suddenly drew her arm back, and with a twist to the side she flung it forward, throwing the balled jewel as hard as she could away from her. "Go fetch!"

Through watery eyes, Kagome watched as the necklace soared through the air. Glittering shards of light splayed out from it as the evening sun glanced upon the crystalline surfaces. There. She was rid of it, and soon he would disappear out of her life forever too. A tightness clutched at her chest, forcing her to hold her breath, but the feeling she felt wasn't coming from the loss of the necklace. She was waiting. Expecting him to run right after it. Expecting to see a flash of silvery-white and red race across the distance and then vanish like the wind which he could run. But he didn't.

In fact, even though she wasn't aware of the reaction he displayed, InuYasha stood there with an open mouth and eyes ready to pop out of his head, feeling as though he was having a heart attack, but he didn't go after it.

The two stood transfixed to the spot, each in their own thoughts, watching, as the piece of jewelry started making its descent toward the ground as if in slow motion. Its jagged length waving behind the jewel, until it finally disappeared in the coverage of the grass a good distance away. InuYasha closed his mouth, then cocked his head a little, his ears lifting up to their fullest, as his eyebrows shot upward.

"That was a good throw," he murmured to his amazement.

Then they heard it. It wasn't loud, yet the sound was enough to make itself known, alerting any around that it was just the start of something much bigger to come. The sound was then like the cracking of a glacier, or the sharp grinding noise like that of glass being cut, growing louder as the seam spread. A snapping crunch resounded in their ears as though too much pressure had been applied to the glass. Brown eyes turned simultaneously with golden ones, their gaze locking with one another. Sensitive fur covered ears slightly trembled.

"GET DOWN!" He shouted as he started to propelled himself toward her. A great light flashed just as his foot touched the ground in his first step; its glow brightened and spread before he managed to reach her. He could not see, but knew he was on a direct path to her and continued until his body made contact with hers.

InuYasha wrapped his arms around her as he took her off her feet, and tucked her close against him. He shifted their direction, tumbling them several yards away, back from the direction of the light. Without his sight, trying to run with her would be too dangerous to attempt.

As they tumbled toward the ground, he locked her legs in with his so that she wouldn't go flaying about so wildly, and he could control their roll somewhat better. One arm wrapped around her upper back to keep her close as the other went up to shield her head. He twisted them so as to take the brunt of the fall first, but he could not help the jarring thuds against her backside as they tumbled over top of each other several times with 'oomph's' and 'ow's' and any other sound of pain that jolted out of them.

They finally came to rest, with him shielding her with his body as blast of air washed over them, along with high pitch screeches similar to that of fireworks being launched.

A few seconds later, it was over. All was quiet.

The two laid there as they were, tightly meshed together, just a few moments longer until it was apparent that the worse was over. Slowly they unfurled themselves to look at each other.

"Are you alright," He looked down into her startled face, blinking his eyes. He could see her but there were dark spots clouding his vision. "Can you see?"

"I'm fine, but I see spots as if someone set off a camera in front of my face. How are you doing?"

"The same as you."

Turning their heads, they glanced toward the direction that the light and sound had originated from. Kagome gasped at the spray of misty rain falling with glittering lights of color.

"That's so beautiful," she breathed, causing the hanyou to return his gaze to her. She amazed him.

"What do you think happened?" she murmured still enthralled with the sparkles.

"I don't know, but at least we're alive."

She glanced up and stared at him for a moment, then lifted her hand to the side of his cheek that had gotten smeared with dirt. She gave him a tender smile as a thought went through her head. He tried to keep her safe even though she did not have the jewel any longer.

"Arigato, InuYasha." she spoke softly.

He couldn't help the warm pink tinge that suddenly graced his cheeks, and he shrugged.

"Feh, it's nothing." And then added, as he started to remove his weight from her, "Let's find that necklace."

An amused smile tickled at the corners of her mouth as she closed her lids and screwed her eyes upward as far as she could. She gave a soft snort of a laugh before he aided her with a pulling jerk upward. Yeah. 'Course. Wouldn't you know it?

Upon looking around, nothing seemed different, nothing changed, and by the time they walked over to the area where she had thrown the necklace the misty shower had ended leaving only a faint wetness where it had been.

"Do you see it anywhere?" InuYasha asked, the bit of excitement in his voice was evident, as was the desire to retrieve it more so now than before.

Kagome gave a sweeping look around. "Yeah, it's right in front of you over there."

"I don't see it."

"It's right there as plain as the nose on your face, InuYasha… or maybe the ears on your head." she added the last part a bit mumbled.

He frowned, looking where she had pointed, and taking a step forward. "I still don't see it."

"Spots still effecting your eyes?" She said as she walked over to the place where the glittering necklace laid so clearly to her sight. "See, I told you it was here." and picked it up from the cluster of grass and small outcropping of rock on which the jagged pieces laid.

"You're still giving it to me, right?" his voice was like that of a small boy still hoping to be given the prize out of the cereal box. When she was silent for too long, he moved toward her. "Kagome?"

"Ummm… well," she gave an embarrassed type of laugh as she held the necklace up in front of her. "I…"

"You said I could have it."

"I--I know… but… ummm… I think… that there's… ummm… a small… problem."

"Problem?" he asked perplexed, stopping directly behind her. "What kind of problem?"

She turned around so that he could see it too.

"I… uh… I guess I broke the jewel."

"What?" His ears lowered considerable, and his face went blank as he stared at her, oblivious to the fact that the necklace was held up for him to clearly see himself.

"The jewel," She jiggled it slightly, making it sway from side to side as if trying to attract his attention to it. "It's broke."

"The jewel. Broke?" he repeated in a stupor still staring at her.

"The light really must have effect more than your eyes," She murmured, trying to make light of things, knowing when he did come to his senses she might very well be in deep trouble. She added as a thoughtful quip, "Or did you bump your head really hard?"

She wiggled the broken piece of jewelry in front of him again, which finally caused him to shift his gaze from her to the orb that was missing the other half of it.

Five. He stared with a slightly open mouth expression as if he couldn't believe what he was looking at.

Four. His mouth clamped shut, and his brows drew together until they nearly touched between his eyes.

Three. His ears flattened, but she continued smiling only it was more of a grimace attempting to be a smile.

Two. She heard him crack the bones of his hands, as his nose flared out, and his one eye started to twitch.

One. She scrunched her eyes tightly shut, clenching her teeth together, and tried to shrink her head down on her shoulders as far as possible, trying to hid her ears without drawing more attention to herself.

Zero. "WHAT -- DID -- YOU --DO -- TO -- IT??!!!" He bellowed loudly, scaring away anything that was within ear shot of his voice -- save the girl in front of him of course that was glued to the spot.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He didn't even knock as he entered into the small house with heavy steps, the door having been slammed open as he pushed it aside with a bit of force. When Kaede looked up, she saw InuYasha carrying the dark haired girl, Kagome, by the back of the shirt in one hand, and the Shikon no Tama necklace, broken, in the other. The hanyou had never been one to conceal his turbulent emotions, and the expression upon his face, as he stood there with a furious scowl, showed him to be very ticked off.

The older woman's eyes went between the two before her, taking in their filthy appearance and the horrible smell which emanated from them. Her gaze shifted more fully on the girl, but she didn't look to be damaged in any other way. The expression on her face wasn't one of anger or fear either. It was simply one of guilt.

"She," InuYasha spoke forcefully, lifting the girl a bit higher into the air, then lowered her and stuck out the necklace. "broke it!"

With a snarl of disgust, he tossed the fragment toward the old woman, then released the hold he had on the back of the girl's shirt. She landed upon her butt with an 'oomph', catching herself from completely collapsing upon the wooden floor with her hands.

"Hey!" she cried out as he was already walking away. "You don't have to be so nice!"

"Yeah," he gritted between teeth, as he paced the floor near the fireplace. "well, it's as good as you get right now!"

In all the time that they had been there, Kaede had yet to say anything.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* END Of Part 19 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Note: I would greatly appreciate your reviews. Did you like this new version of the chapter better that the last version? Anyway, as always, reviews are greatly appreciated, and they are what make me want to sit here and continue writing, even as crappy as life is right now. Thanks.

Note: That part about him mentioning about the jewel 'every time they met' means at some point, during the time they meet until they part, he brings up the question about the jewel (unless he specifically sees it as he did in Saturday Night).

Note: In the series, the jewel has been white, purple-ish, pinkish, black, etc.. just depending on how they the emotional aura to be at the time. I know I've had it different is various chapters, and this is how I want it to be.

---------------------

Inuyasha nsi: Thanks for your reviews. I didn't have an email address to write you personally, but to answer some of your questions: 1) Basically, yes, the same thing happened between Kikyo and Inu. I haven't gotten into it because I haven't sat and thought up much of a story line for that. All in all, Kikyo and Inu were seeing each other, 'something happens', she dies. There's one bit of difference, which I would have to figure out (later), InuYasha wasn't revived by Kagome as in the TV show. If you notice from Chapter One, he meets up with her to take the necklace. It depends on how well people like this story as to how I continue it. 2) Haven't really put an age on him in demon terms, but in appearance (or demon converted to human equivalence) he's slightly old than Kagome in my story by a year or two. (Just because I like guys to be a bit older than me myself. And just because it seems that he should be a little older than her.) 3) No, I didn't say he was a child when Kaede gave him the necklace. I didn't exactly state when she had given it to him, just that she had. I did have him referred to her as 'old baba' because for one he was thinking of the past with the present woman, in which he considers her old (a grandmother figure), and for another if you wish to think it this way, is that even when she did give him the necklace she still would have appeared older than he was. In my (idea for this) story, the two of them have more of a relationship which hasn't been written out. (Don't anyone think dirty thoughts because I don't mean it that way!) But in the Chapter 6 mentions about Kaede 'always being there' (putting in in jail or taking him out). 4) What I've said should clear up the age and relationship of InuYasha and Kikyo. At that time, the two of them were older than Kaede, but as time passed, and demons age way different than humans, Kaede became the one that 'appears to be' older and his senior… it also shows in the more mature way she is rather than InuYasha's brashness. ---- Gee, that was long, hope it answered your questions enough.

Also thanks to: Biganimefan1: ME; Kate; shirahime; Faye273. I really, really appreciate the in depth reviews that you've given me. They make my day!

---------------------

Baka - Idiot, Stupid

Hanyou - half demon, half human

Koinu - puppy

Youkai - demon