InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sango's challenge ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Sango's Challenge:
 
It was a calm, crisp morning in feudal Japan. The newly hatched bluebirds were flapping there wings and chirping endlessly, high in the maple trees. The temperature was a perfect 80 degrees, not too hot not too cool. The sun was just peaking over the tree lines that surrounded the village, and the sky was a dazzling swirl of pink, orange and yellow.
 
There was no-one in sight, for it was far too early for anyone to be out of their wooden huts. The pin sized grass blades that separated hut from hut were shining beautifully from the jewels that were morning dew. To those who had lived their lives in their small, secluded villages it was the most beautiful thing to be seen, but Sango and the others knew better. They knew that the peace could be broken at any given moment by some demon that had come to attack the village.
 
They were ready, always ready. After all Naraku was defeated so they had nothing else to do, not that anyone minded them being there in Kaede's village. The villagers were very grateful always giving them herbs and crops ect. Besides, Sango loved to protect things and the rest of the group never minded. They were quite content.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome were mated, and lived in a small cabin far away at the base of the forest. Naraku had been defeated a couple of months ago and Miroku had not yet shown his feelings to Sango, who had thought it was because they were all busy slaying demons. She knew he harbored feelings for her and she did him, but she was too stubborn to admit it. Sango eventually had convinced herself that he only liked her body, not the real her. Miroku on the other hand thought that Sango didn't like him because of his perverted ways, he would show his love for her by they groping her or doing something else perverted.
 
Then just like that, a crash rang out through the village. Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo shot up immediately from their restless slumber, a routine thing. Sango quickly grabbed her hiraikotsu, while Miroku seized his four ringed staff. All four of them raced outside only to be greeted with a five foot bore demon, easy prey. Inuyasha and Kagome had gotten there earlier and were fighting three full grown bore demons.
 
Sango examined the demons. They had red beady eyes, large sharp tusks, smelled horrid, and had left Sango with a strange felling that something awful was going to happen. “You guys stay here and I'll go help Inuyasha and Kagome!” Sango ordered as she sped off swinging her boomerang at one of the demons as she went.
 
“Shippo can you handle him?” Miroku asked. Shippo had trained intensely after Naraku's defeat and had improved greatly in his fighting skills. “Of course, this is the weakest demon that has come here to get the jewel in a month!” He replied triumphantly while swinging his katana at the boar. Shippo had managed to get an arm off of the bear, and he let off a wail that could have shattered glass. Shippo was stunned, wincing and holding his ears. Miroku, being human, it didn't have any effect on his weak ears. He grabbed his staff and sutras and ran at the bear, jumped up ad threw the sutras on the bear, leaving him paralyzed. Shippo soon recovered and slayed the bear demon with a fatal swing of his sword in the heart.
 
Meanwhile
 
Sango sprinted off to where Kagome and Inuyasha were, screamed hiraikotsu and swung her boomerang at the bore to the left. Inuyasha was working on another demon without his tetsusaiga, because it was almost broken. He still kept it to his side in case a demon threatened his or Kagome's life and he turned full demon. Kagome was trying to defeat another demon with her priestess powers and her bow and arrows. She, to had improved greatly in the past couple of months, she hardly ever missed.
 
Sango's hiraikotsu tore off one off the demons legs and he fell onto the hard damp soil. She then grabbed her katana and stabbed him in the gut. He died instantly. Inuyasha had defeated the other demon with his blades of blood, and Kagome her arrows. All was well until a scream was heard. It came from Miroku. Sango looked back to were Shippo Miroku And Kirara were. Miroku was nowhere in sight
 
Cliffy! Please review! I am not going to add another chapter until I get 3 reviews, so if you're a person who only reads stories and doest review please review here! Also if you like Sango come check out my forum titled Sango Appreciation!