InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sango's challenge ❯ Miroku's Missing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
’s Challenge:
By: sango45
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha
Chapter 2: The challenge
(A/N): Well... I didn't get as many reviews as I had hoped, but at least I got one! This chapter is dedicated to the one person who reviewed. Thank you. Now, on to chapter 2!

Recap:

Sango’s hiraikotsu tore off one off the demons legs and he fell onto the hard damp soil. She then grabbed her katana and stabbed him in the gut. He died instantly. Inuyasha had defeated the other demon with his blades of blood, and Kagome her arrows. All was well until a scream was heard. It came from Miroku. Sango looked back to were Shippo Miroku and Kirara were. Miroku was nowhere in sight…

Now:

“Where’s Miroku?” Sango asked no one in particular, “Where did he go?” Sango ran over to where Shippo and Kirara were standing, dumbfounded. “Where’s Miroku?” She asked again directing her question to Shippo. “I don’t know. One minute he was standing here, while I was trying to kill the demon and then this weird purple smoke came. When it lifted Miroku was gone. Do you think he was taken hostage?” He looked over at Sango. Her eyes had glazed over to a creamy light brown, like when Kohaku was under control by Naraku.

“Hello…” Shippo said after awhile, waving his hand in front of Sango’s face. Sango’s eyes lost there controlled look and returned to there original chocolate brown color. Yet you could see determination and hate in them, not a very uncommon sight.

Sango glanced to the right just in time to see a note float away in the wind. Shippo jumped up, grabbed it, and read the front. Sango was all it said, but in very neat handwriting Shippo noted. He hurriedly handed it to Sango who looked like she was about to go on a killing spree, and ran out of there as fast as he could.

Sango opened the note not even bothering to read who it was from. She screamed up to the sky, “Damn you Akira!” and threw the letter on the ground.

Meanwhile:

Inuyasha jumped when he heard Sango scream, “Damn you Akira!” He and Kagome gazed over at Sango throwing down the letter and they rushed over to her friend to see what the matter was. When Sango saw Kagome and Inuyasha running over to her she instantly darted away, not wanting to cry in front of anyone. Sango was far away in the woods by the time that they got to where she was. Inuyasha looked at the ground and picked up the slightly damp note. It read, in beautiful handwriting,

Dearest Sango,

I have taken your love Miroku captive. If you can defeat me in a battle in 3 months, without the help of your little friends you can have Miroku back unharmed. But if you cannot defeat me I get the Jewel of the four souls. You know where to find me…

Akira

Kagome gasped after she read the note. “What is it Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.

“Miroku’s been taken hostage” he answered gravely, “And Sango’s run off.”

“What?” Kagome said as her eyes grew wide when she read the letter, “Should we go find Sango?” he asked after awhile.

“No, I think she wants to be alone. From what she has said about this Akira guy he’s about three times stronger than her, so she’ll have to do some intense training. Besides she is really angry right now and I don’t really feel like having my head bit off by breathing too loud!” Inuyasha replied to a glum Kagome.

Meanwhile (with Sango):

Sango ran blindly through the forest, not caring that stray branches and twigs were tearing, and scratching all of her unprotected flesh. Not caring that with ever step she took her feet were getting more blistered and her breath becoming shorter. All she could think about was Miroku and how she was going to get her revenge on Akira for taking him away. Normally she would have chased after the person that took something tat important to her away

Sooner or later Sango had to stop running. She sat at the base of an old tree and leaned her back against it. Then she did what she was trying to prevent herself from doing earlier. She cried. She let all her emotions slide down her cheeks and soak into the soil below. She had eventually cried her self to sleep right there at the base off the tree.

Later:

Sango woke up and glanced at the sky. The sun was almost all the way set. She decided that she had better get back before the others got worried. She felt a wetness on her cheek, she had been crying in her sleep.

Maybe I do love him... She thought

but he'll never love me in the same way she argued

how do you know? How many women have you seen with him since Naraku was defeated?

Well... none, but I don't know what he does behind closed doors.

Admit it, you love him

O.K. O.K! I love him. Now go away!

I knew it!

Of course you knew it your my conscience!

Just as soon as that thought entered her head she noticed that she had made it to Kaede's Village. She walked around for a while until she found the oh-so familiar hut. The hut that withstanded many troubles and seen many hardships. Like Demon attacks, Inuyasha and Kagome quarrels, Shippo and Miroku beatings, and much more. Kaede's Hut.

When she walked into the hut she saw Kagome, Inuyasha, and Shippo sitting around doing nothing. Kagome jumped up, ran to her. and embraced her in a suffocating bearlike hug.“Where have you been? We were so worried! Are you alright? What happened?” Kagome was shooting out a million Questions a minute. “Calm down Kagome!” Shippo said and pried her loose from Sango.

Awhile later:

“So all of you know everything huh?” Sango asked. “ Yep everything, so what are you going to do?” Kagome inquired “Well, I know of a demon slaying village just three days from here that I could learn some new techniques from.” Sango replied “Are you leaving tomorrow?” Inuyasha asked. “Yes, now I'm going to go to sleep I have a long day tomorrow. Good night.” And Sango closed her eyes only to be greeted by a restless slumber.

(A/N): Please review. See ya!