InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sannintai ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sannintai
 
Summary: The gang finally convinces Inuyasha that they need Sesshoumaru's help to defeat Naraku. Sesshoumaru agrees under one condition…
 
Chapter 1
 
Silence rang throughout the clearing as everyone gaped at Sesshoumaru. What had he just said?
 
“I…but…you…what?! Why?! No way!” Inuyasha sputtered as he tried to form a coherent sentence. The taiyoukai's face held a trace of a smirk.
 
Inuyasha drew Tetsusaiga and pointed it at Sesshoumaru. “You leave, right now,” he growled at his brother.
 
This time there was no mistaking the smirk on the taiyoukai's face. “Then why did you so insist on talking to me little brother?”
 
Inuyasha just growled.
 
Kagome made up her mind. They needed Sesshoumaru's help too much to pass it up this easily. She braced herself, “Fine.”
 
Now everyone was staring at her. There was a large thump as Tetsusaiga hit the ground.
 
“Kagome?”
 
She turned to Inuyasha and saw a mixture of confusion, hurt and anger in his eyes. “I'm sorry, Inuyasha, but we need his help.”
 
“I don't care! I'm not letting him take you!”
 
“It's only for a week. I'll be -”
 
“No!”
 
“I'm sorry, Inuyasha.”
 
“What d'you mean your -”
 
“Osuwari.”
 
WHAM. Sesshoumaru suppressed another smirk, laughing inwardly at his brother's stupidity. His face, however, remained perfectly blank.
 
Miroku and Sango weren't happy about it either, but they also knew that they would never be able to beat Naraku without Sesshoumaru's help.
 
“Bring her back alive, Sesshoumaru,” Miroku said.
 
The taiyoukai smirked slightly again but did not reply, instead, he turned his gaze to the young miko. His smirk grew as he saw her swallow, thoroughly enjoying the smell of her fear.
 
Kagome swallowed. He expected her to go to him? He had to be kidding. But as she saw his smirk grow, she knew that he wasn't. She took a deep breath, tried to ignore the panic in her stomach, and took a step towards him.
 
He allowed the smallest of cruel smiles to play about his mouth as the girl focused her eyes on the ground and began to walk slowly towards him. He could taste her fear. It was delicious.
 
“Kagome! Kagome!”
 
Sesshoumaru saw her hesitate, almost stop when his brother called out to her, but she kept going. Good.
 
He extended his hand to her. It would be easiest to carry her as he flew.
 
“Don't you touch her, Sesshoumaru!” Inuyasha leapt at his brother as the spell on his necklace wore off. “Kagome -”
 
“Osuwari.”
 
“Wha-” he sounded so betrayed.
 
“I'm sorry, Inuyasha,” Kagome said, nearly in tears, “I have to do this. We need his help.”
 
“No.”
 
“Inuyasha -”
 
“Now, miko.”
 
Reluctantly, she took the taiyoukai's hand, then let out an involuntary gasp as he pulled her against him.
 
“Kagome!”
 
She tried to pull away, but his arm was like steel and she couldn't move.
 
Sesshoumaru almost smiled when he saw the look on his brother's face as he crushed the girl to his chest. The scent of the girl's fear spiked again, and he allowed another small smirk to linger on his face as he watched his brother's eyes. Jealousy, anger, fear, all flickered through the hanyou's eyes. Weak, pathetic, human emotions.
 
Inuyasha started to growl, but the smirk on Sesshoumaru's face only grew.
 
“No! Kagome! Sesshoumaru, don't you touch a hair on her head you filthy bastard!”
 
In response, Sesshoumaru lifted slowly off the ground, taking the girl with him. Making sure Inuyasha could still see him, as the pathetic hanyou's face was still trapped to the ground, Sesshoumaru's white fur wound itself around both he and the girl, cementing her to him.
 
Inuyasha started to growl again but stopped in shock as Sesshoumaru released her with his arm, the fur keeping her from falling, and purposefully ran his hand through her hair.
 
“SESSHOUMARU! I told you not to touch a hair on her -”
 
Ignoring his brother, Sesshoumaru used her hair as a handle, forcing her to look at him. “I suggest you stop your struggles girl, unless you wish to fall.”
 
Startled, Kagome looked down and gasped as she saw the ground falling away beneath her.
 
Sesshoumaru suppressed an irritated sigh as the girl stopped her struggling and clung to him instead. Humans were truly pathetic.
 
Inuyasha watched his brother and Kagome fly out of sight. When the spell finally wore off again, he sat up and turned his back to the rest of the gang.
 
“Inuyasha?” asked Miroku, “Are you going to go after her?”
 
“Keh.”
 
“Inuyasha?” Sango this time.
 
“I think she made it pretty obvious that she didn't want anyone following her,” said the hanyou before jumping high into a tree for the night.
 
Sango was worried, Inuyasha had kept his back to them the entire time. Would he really be alright?
 
Inuyasha struggled to control himself. He would not let Miroku or Sango see him like this. He tried to turn the emotion into anger. Stupid bitch! What had she been thinking? Did she really have so little faith in him? He could handle Naraku by himself. He didn't need Sesshoumaru's help. `Kagome, why did you leave me?' he thought to himself.