InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sannintai ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sannintai
 
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
 
 
Kagome woke to the feel of cold wind on her face.
 
“Inuyasha?”
 
But no, it couldn't be Inuyasha. She wasn't on someone's back, but was being held up by something warm and furry. Wait a minute, warm and furry?
 
Sesshoumaru had heard the girl wake as they began to descend, and he had heard her mutter his filthy half-brother's name; he was not, however, prepared for the piercing scream that now filled his ears.
 
He allowed some of his annoyance to seep into his voice. “Cease your screaming, girl.”
 
She began screaming words instead. “What are you doing?! What is this thing? Put me down! I'm going to fall! Kyaaaaaaaaaaaah!
 
As soon as the girl had fallen asleep, Sesshoumaru had rearranged his fur so that instead of holding her against him, it held her several feet to his right. Apparently this alarmed her.
 
He allowed a little more annoyance to enter his voice; he did not like having to repeat himself. “Cease your screaming, girl.”
 
“Kyaaah! I will not…”
 
How did she manage to find just the note that would hurt his sensitive ears the most?
 
“How dare you…”
 
The noise was infuriating.
 
“Put me down right this - “
 
“No.”
 
“What?!”
 
“No. I will not put you down. I will not allow you to fall. That was not the purpose of bringing you here.”
 
She paused, “Why did you -“
 
“That is not your concern.”
 
The arrogance! Kagome was about ready to start growling at him herself. “Where are we going?”
 
Silence.
 
“Where are we - “
 
“Are your eyes really that weak, mortal?”
 
She opened her mouth to scream at him again but gasped instead when the fur that was holding her moved.
 
He saw her open her mouth to make more annoying noises and turned her to face their destination. This was going to be a very long week; quite unfortunate that it was necessary.
 
Kagome looked down. In the clearing below, the little girl that traveled with Sesshoumaru, Rin, was sleeping on the back of a two-headed dragon. The ugly toad was snoring on a rock nearby; from the glint in Sesshoumaru's eye, it had probably fallen asleep on guard duty.
 
Sesshoumaru growled to himself, too low for the human to hear. He had thought that after Rin had been kidnapped once, the toad would have learned his lesson.
 
Checking to see if the girl was close enough to the ground, he released her with his fur.
 
“Kyaaaah!”
 
Why did she have to scream? He saw her glance guiltily at the now waking Rin. Good, now maybe she wouldn't shriek all the time.
 
“You said you wouldn't drop me!” She hissed, more quietly but no less angrily.
 
Kagome could almost see the scorn in his eyes. “You were less than five feet above the ground.”
 
Sesshoumaru watched her struggle between anger and dignity. Finally, anger won out, “I'm human and that hurt!”
 
He turned away from her smoldering eyes toward the toad that was still snoring loudly. “Jaken.”
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama! My lord -“
 
“Start a fire, Jaken.”
 
The toad grinned and pointed his staff towards the nearest tree. “With pleasure, my lord.”
 
The toad found himself flying into the trees.
 
“Gather some firewood, Jaken.”
 
Oh. That. “Yes, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
Kagome giggled when she saw Sesshoumaru kick the ugly toad into the trees and heard herself being echoed by the girl on the dragon. The girl jumped off the dragon and skipped over to Kagome.
 
“What is your name? My name is Rin. Isn't Jaken-sama funny? Are you hungry? Rin is hungry. I'm so glad Sesshoumaru-sama is back.”
 
“Uh…”
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama! Rin is so happy that you're back!”
 
“Rin, if you are hungry then go find yourself something to eat.”
 
“Yes, Sesshoumaru-sama. Kagome, do you want to go find something to eat with Rin?”
 
“Actually Rin, I brought some food with me. Would you like some ramen?”
 
So that was what was in that big yellow bag the girl had brought with her. He saw his young charge looking at him for permission. He nodded once.
 
“Yea! Thank you Sesshoumaru-sama! Thank you Kagome!”
 
 
*)(*)(*)(*
 
 
The next morning, Kagome made ramen again for breakfast. She and Rin ate in silence while Jaken muttered under his breath. Jaken had refused to eat her food, which Kagome decided was a very wise decision on his part as she was sorely tempted to try to poison him. Sesshoumaru had claimed, `I don't eat human food,' and ignored the humans.
 
When the girls had finished eating and Kagome had packed her bag, Sesshoumaru stood and walked out of the clearing. Jaken had grabbed the reins of the two-headed dragon, Ah-Un Rin had called it, and followed his lord. Kagome looked down to find Rin staring up at her.
 
“Come on, Kagome. We don't want to fall behind,” then the girl had skipped out of the clearing as well.
 
“Wonderful,” Kagome grumbled to herself, “What a perfectly friendly, talkative, likable guy! What a week this is gonna be.”
 
No one saw the flash of annoyance that passed through the taiyoukai's eyes.
 
 
*)(*)(*)(*
 
 
 
The rest of the week passed much in the same way. They would walk all day, and only Sesshoumaru would know where they were going. Kagome found Rin to be very friendly and very talkative. Rin liked Sesshoumaru-sama, she liked melons, she liked ramen, Jaken-sama was funny, she liked Kagome, she liked Sesshoumaru-sama, and on and on.
 
Sesshoumaru was actually surprised that the girl had not gotten tired of Rin yet, but then, she must have infinite patience to put up with his brother on a daily basis.
 
At night, Jaken would make a fire and Rin and Kagome would eat either ramen or something they had gathered during the day. Occasionally, they would stop during the day if they found a field of flowers or a stream for Rin to play in, or to gather berries for dinner.
 
 
*)(*)(*)(*
 
 
 
Kagome shivered in the cold. It was the last day of the week now tonight, they would rejoin Inuyasha and the others tomorrow morning and Kagome still couldn't figure out why Sesshoumaru had taken her. He didn't even seem to acknowledge her presence. And, she thought angrily, he still calls me girl or miko all the time! Ka-go-me! Is it really that hard to remember?
 
“Miko.”
 
Kagome looked up. What now?
 
Her eyes widened in surprise as she realized he was holding his fur out to her.
 
“You're shivering. Sleep with this tonight.”
 
“Th- Thank you, Sesshoumaru,” but he had already walked away.
 
What in the world? she thought, First he ignores me all week, then he offers me his fur because I'm a little cold?
 
But she was cold, so she snuggled into the fur, enjoying the soft, fluffy feeling. It's almost like sleeping in a bed again.
 
 
*)(*)(*)(*
 
 
Kagome woke to the sun shining brightly on her face. She sat up confused; they had been waking up at dawn every morning for the past week, why sleep in today? Wait a minute, past week, today? Of course, this was the day she got to go back to Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
Only when she spoke did she realize how eerily silent it was. Where was Rin's cheerful voice and Jaken's grumbling? She looked around, then started in surprise when she saw a pair of golden eyes watching her. She blushed, how long had he been staring? The embarrassment turned into anger. How dare he? She opened her mouth to say something.
 
“So human, you have finally awoken?” Sesshoumaru knew better than to let her speak when she looked that angry. Her voice became far too piercing.
 
Her eyes narrowed, and she opened her mouth to speak again.
 
“We will be returning to your companions today.”
 
She blinked and her anger evaporated. “Where are Rin and Jaken?”
 
“They will not be joining us for the first week.”
 
“Why not?”
 
Silence. Then, “It is time to get up, human,” her eyes narrowed again, “and if you are done with that I would like it back.”
 
“Wha -" The girl looked down in surprise to see his fur still wrapped around her and turned an amusing shade of red. “Oh, of course, I'm sorry.”
 
He ignored her and wrapped the fur back over his shoulder. It smelled strongly of the girl, but unfortunately, that was necessary.
 
Kagome finished eating to see Sesshoumaru staring at her again. What was his problem today?
 
“Girl, come here.”
 
She scowled, “My name is Kagome.”
 
He continued to stare at her. Finally unnerved, she walked over to him.
 
“Did you need something, Sesshoumaru?”
 
It was necessary.
 
He saw her eyes widen as he raised his claw, glowing green. The scent of her fear filled the air. She gasped as she backed into a tree, and he allowed his eyes to tinge slightly red.
 
Excellent.
 
He allowed the poison to fade from around his hand then thrust his claws deep into the tree behind her, catching her hair in the process and effectively pinning her to the tree. A small scream escaped her mouth and his eyes turned a shade redder.
 
“Do you know how youkai claim their mates, Kagome? Has your precious Inuyasha ever told you?”
 
Now she wished he would call her miko again. What was going on?
 
He didn't wait for her to answer. “Youkai mark their mates,” he used his fangs to pull her shirt off her left shoulder, and ran his tongue along her collarbone, “Right here.”
 
He spoke against her skin, “I do not want you as my mate, Kagome. I do not want to mark you. So be very careful not to move.”
 
She stood frozen, not knowing what to think, as he pressed his body against hers and rubbed his fangs over the middle of her collarbone until the skin was red. He pressed his mouth against hers, forcing her lips apart with his tongue. Outraged, she started to struggle, but froze again when his fangs pierced her bottom lip, drawing blood. Then his mouth was back against her collarbone, his tongue caressing the sore skin. Then back to her mouth, nibbling her lip again, then back to her collarbone.
 
By the time he stopped, her eyes were bloodshot form tears of anger, confusion and fear.
 
The red faded from his eyes and he regarded her with a blank face once more. “The scent of your fear is intoxicating. Keep Inuyasha away from that spot, or he will most likely do something you will both regret.”
 
He removed his claws from the tree, freeing her momentarily, but before she could unfreeze, the arm wrapped around her waist and his fur wrapped itself around both of them, trapping her against him once more.
 
And they rose into the sky. One thought lingered in his head, as the taste of her blood lingered on his tongue. It was necessary.
 
 
*)(*)(*)(*
 
If you're confused, good, you're supposed to be. All will be revealed in chapter 3, which will come out even sooner if you review.
So, Review Please!
Also, Thank you for reviewing: kagome15 and Tsuki-tora