InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Savvy ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Oh my God, it's over! I'm seriously tearful. Thanks to all of you so much for your reviews, and for my award. The soundtracks will be out as soon as I can get the money to mail them. Good thing I have a job now, lol. And don't forget to check out "To Hell," which I WILL finish. No matter what. And also, be looking for "The Last Miko," which I should be posting once "To Hell" is finished. I love you guys!

*******

"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" The Proclaimers (I apologize. I had to, though. XD)

*******

Six months later...

Inuyasha was counting his drawer after closing that night when he heard the unmistakable clod of Sango's boots across the floor. "Why aren't you gone yet?" he asked her without looking up.

"Miroku's car got a flat. He's one his way." Sango eyes the money in Inuyasha's hands suspiciously. "Why are you still here?" she asked.

"Running behind," he replied casually; too casually.

Sango smiled knowingly. "Oh, so you're not avoiding Kagome's family?"

Inuyasha gave her a sour look. "No."

"Right," she laughed. "I don't see why you're so uptight about them staying."

"Yeah, and I can see you going without sex for four days," Inuyasha groused.

Sango cringed. "Ouch."

"Exactly."

"Well... look on the bright side," she suggested. "At least they took the news well."

Inuyasha nodded, fighting the urge to smile.

Kagome was going to be his mate.

He'd been nervous for a straight week before asking her, and so relieved when she'd said yes...

Until she spoke the words of doom.

"I'm going to have to tell my family."

So, she'd invited them for a week long stay.

It hadn't been all bad, not really. Besides the fact that Kagome's mother had some weird fetish with his ears, and her grandfather was constantly mumbling about how the "demon" was "defiling" his grandchild. He'd even tried to prevent Inuyasha from sleeping in Kagome's room with her, but Mrs. Higurashi quickly ended that argument by pointing out that his arthritic hip would probably hurt more if he was to sleep on the couch. The old man had been sleeping in his bed, and Kagome's mother on his couch. Souta was staying on Kagome's couch, and was usually parked there at all times, playing his video games. He hadn't had a single moment alone with Kagome in days...

After waiting for Miroku to show for Sango, Inuyasha finally went upstairs. The living room of Kagome's apartment was dark, but he saw the light coming from her bedroom, and found her sitting up in bed, reading. She was starting school again in August, and was constantly reviewing what she'd already learned. He knew she was nervous after taking a year off, but he assured her at every opportunity that she would be fine.

"Hey," he greeted her quietly, slipping his shoes off as he shut the bedroom door.

Kagome smiled, turning the page of her book down before setting it on her nightstand. "How was work?" she asked.

Inuyasha shrugged. "Alright. Did you break the news to your mom?"

Kagome made a face. "Yeah. She didn't like it."

"I figured as much."

Inuyasha and Kagome had decided they didn't want a formal wedding, and were planning on a simple ceremony in a local park, with just their friends. Kagome had told him that her mother had always dreamed of planning her wedding, and Inuyasha had agreed to have one if it made Mrs. Higurashi happy, but the thought of a huge event made Kagome more nervous than it made him.

"She wants to come back in for it, though," Kagome informed him.

"But it's only a couple of months away. Can they afford that?"

Kagome lifted a brow. "I don't know. I told her it wasn't a big deal, but she really wants to be there. I told her there was no dress, no tux, no music, and no cake. She doesn't care."

"Whatever she wants," Inuyasha sighed as he undressed, joining Kagome in bed. She scooted down under the blankets to rest her head on his shoulder as she laughed softly.

"Whatever she wants? I hope not. She wants a traditional Shinto wedding, and she wants me to wait until I graduate from school."

"Hell, that's years from now!"

"Mm-hm. I think that's the point."

"Sneaky women," Inuyasha complained, pulling Kagome closer. "So, they're leaving in three days, right?"

"Yes, pervert. Three days. But only two nights."

"I'll die before then," he pouted as his hand found her hip, caressing the skin there suggestively.

Kagome batted his hand away. "My little brother's in the next room!" she hissed.

"I was younger than your little brother when I had sex!"

"Ew!" Kagome exclaimed as she smacked his chest playfully. "Well, that was a long time ago, buddy. Souta's still a little boy."

"He's almost a foot taller than you," Inuyasha pointed out, by now only teasing Kagome to get her riled up, and it was working wonderfully as he regarded her deeply furrowed brow.


"So, he's still a baby. And there's no way that we're--"

Inuyasha silenced her with a deep kiss, drawing on her lips forcefully until he was forced to pull away for air, leaving Kagome short of breath and flushed in the face. "What... what was that for?" she breathed.

"For being cute when you're pissed off," he replied honestly, smirking, which turned into a chuckle as she glared at him hotly. "What?"

"And you talk about women being sneaky," she huffed.

Resting back on his shoulder, Inuyasha and Kagome's conversation continued for quite some time before they fell asleep, and the whole while, Inuyasha kept returning to the same thought.

This is how it will always be.

And it was exactly the way he wanted it.