InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Say Goodbye ❯ Chapter 10 Together ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 10 Together

We left something behind and parted our ways.
That something will keep us together no matter how far apart.
We will gaze at each other
And won’t lose that memory.
Our paths are set and we are bonded for life.
Nothing will get in our way and stop us.
We will fight on, no matter what,
Until we have won.
I’m here for you as you are here for me.
We are kindred spirits, and nothing can stop that.
I feel your pain. Your sorrow.
You are not alone and neither am I.
I want to help you fight as long as I can.
I want to fight alongside with you.
With me by your side, together,
We can do anything and everything.
I want to believe that sorrow will end,
Like the rain, and reveals the blue sky.
With our wings, let’s soar through the darkness
And find a place where the light always shines.

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p; p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

“Hey, mutt! Have you changed back yet?!”

“Hey, wolf, do you see the sun yet?! No? Okay then! Stop rushing me; it ain’t my fault I’m stuck like this.”

“Well, mutt, you better hope that that sun comes up soon. I’m getting tired of covering for your ass.”

“Nobody said you had to, so why are you even bothering if you don’t like it?”

“Because I’m doing it for Kagome! Why else?!”

“Uh, guys?”

“Well don’t think you’ll get a thanks because you’re not going anywhere near her when we get back!”

“Who says?”

“Uh, guys, we need a little…”

“I do, so back off.”

“I don’t think so! I’m the one that’s giving her the flower and you are gonna be eating my dirt. In fact, just give me the flower. I can take it to her faster if I go alone, without you. You can stay here and play with your little friends.”

“Hell no! As soon as I transform, that Gaijin’s going down. And then I’ll deal with you and still have plenty of time to get back to Kagome before anything serious happens.”

“HEY, GUYS!!!” Sango yelled over the other two’s bickering. “We could use a little HELP, Kouga!”

“Fine, get off my back. I was trying to help the mutt, but I guess you want him to die…”

“Help me?! You were trying to steal the flower away from me!”

“Was not!”

“Were too!”

“Was not!”

“Were-”

“STOP FIGHTING AND GET OVER HERE, KOUGA!”

“Wow, Sango. I think Kouga’s tail is between his legs,” Miroku stated.

“It seems, little brother, that your friends are of no use to you. If they were, I wouldn’t even be here fighting this creature and you there being wounded.”

“Shut up, Sesshoumaru. If you’re so great, then why is Gaijin still here?!”

“I would have thought you would have figured out by now to escape, but obviously I underestimated your stupidity. My dealings with this being is of no concern to you. If I truly wished to kill him, I would have done so by now. But This Sesshoumaru still has inquiries that need to be answered.”

“Well, too bad, because I ain’t leaving till that thing regrets everything he’s done and that he ever lived. So sorry, but you’re stuck with me until I transform. There is no way that I’m gonna let you kill him so go away! Unless you wanna be apart of my list to kill today.”

“Think not likely of my power. If I choose, you will die.”

“I believe I have been left out of this conversation. Allow me to reintroduce you to my blade, Inuyasha!” Gaijin suddenly appeared by Inuyasha, posed with Suishougin ready to strike.

“I think not!” Miroku shouted as he intercepted the blade with Shakujou. “Don’t believe you will touch Inuyasha with that blade again. Die, Demon!” Miroku took out an ofuda and threw it at the youkai’s sword as the monk pushed Gaijin back. The ofuda stuck to the sword, and the white fire dissipated. The ofuda to disappeared with the flames. Soon after, the sword itself melted in Gaijin’s hand.

“Damn you, monk! What did you do to my sword?!” Gaijin demanded as he threw away the liquefying metal.

“Your sword is made up of your demonic aura. That ofuda was specially made for dispelling demonic auras. It wouldn’t actually work on you since your aura is indefinite and never stays the same. But your sword is completely your true aura. Destroy that, and you have choice but to rely on your forms,” Miroku gave in details with a grin.

“So, that means, you go down now,” Inuyasha said as he stood up with the Tetsusaiga unsheathed in hand. The sun was already peeking out over the north mountains.

“Inuyasha, you transformed!” Sango gasped.

“Great, now that stench is back again. Guess the only good thing about you in your human is that you stink like a mutt.”

“Shut it, Kouga, unless, of course, you want Tetsusaiga shoved up your ass.”

“As if you could, mutt.”

“You’ve returned to normal, I see.”

“Yeah, now back off Sesshoumaru before you feel the power of my Tetsusaiga.”

“Very well,” Sesshoumaru said as he returned Tokijin to his side. “But I do not do this for the sake of you. Gaijin, answer me this before I leave. Why does Naraku have such interest in killing the miko?”

“I do not know of what Master Naraku plans are, but I do know this. Inuyasha and his miko are a great threat together to him. But if one were to be fully attacked and killed without the other, then the other will fall as well. When your precious miko falls, so shall you, Inuyasha. And even if you do defeat me, you will never get to her in time. She used all of her energy trying to defeat those youkai and setting the barrier back up. She’s been weakened by the poison so she’s lost a day’s time.”

“What?! What do you mean she lost a day?” Inuyasha demanded.

“She won’t make it for long. Because of her spent energy, she won’t last a day as long as she would have. That means that she will succumb to the poison within two days. Actually, less, since it is dawn already.”

“But that means… All right, I ain’t got no time to be messing with you. Get ready to die, Gaijin, ‘cause I’ve had enough seeing you wear my looks like it’s just some kind of joke in disguise.” Inuyasha leveled Tetsusaiga to Gaijin’s throat. “You’ll pay for what you’ve done.”

“Let’s see you try to make, weak half-breed.”

Inuyasha jumped high in the air and swung the sword about his head. “Kaze no Kizu!”

Suddenly, Gaijin transformed into Kanna and used the mirror to reflect back the attack. Inuyasha reacted in time, yelling, “Bakuryuuha!” The wind scar reflection was sent back to Gaijin, and it broke through the imitation mirror he held, blasting through both the mirror and Gaijin himself.

“How was Inuyasha able to use the Bakuryuuha? Didn’t Gaijin not have a stable demonic aura?” Sango asked.

“I think I know how. Gaijin shifted to Kanna’s form and, since he used one of Kanna’s powers, he had a similar demonic aura to Kanna that was stable. I have to admit that Inuyasha has learned to become quick-witted,” Miroku explained.

“Now, Kagura. Since this was all your plan, I should give you your reward for making this week a living hell for Kagome and me,” Inuyasha stated as he rested the Tetsusaiga’s hilt on his shoulder.

“Inuyasha.”

“What do you want, Kouga? I’m in a hurry.”

“Leave me to deal with Kagura. I have some payback that I owe her.”

“Whatever. Then I’m leaving since Sesshoumaru just disappeared, as did that little imp.”

“Right.” Inuyasha started off from Kouga when the latter spoke.

“Inuyasha. Protect Kagome.”

Inuyasha nodded as he continued on with Sango, Miroku, and Kirara.

“Where do you think you’re going, fools?!” Kagura said as she flicked her wrist and sent her Dance of Blades towards Inuyasha. Kouga intercepted them by kicking the ground up in the attack’s path.

“Now, Kagura, I believe it’s time that we get down to business. You have some answering to do for what you did to my brethren.”

“Maybe another time, wolf boy. I’ve no time to mess with a puny wolf right now.” Kagura plucked her feather from her hair and threw it up in the air. With that, she and Kanna flew away.

“Damn it. Oh, well.” Kouga looked in the direction of the others, their scent still close by, meaning that they weren’t going as fast as they should’ve been. “You better make it, Inuyasha.” He looked down at the remaining wolves that stayed with him. “Come on, let’s go.”

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p; p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

“Inuyasha, are you okay?” Sango asked a few minutes after they had left Kouga in the field with the Wind Sorceress and her sister.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Inuyasha replied hoarsely.

“What about the wound in your side? It hasn’t been bandaged or treated or anything.”

“I said I’m fine. The wound closed as soon as the sun had risen. Now stop talking ‘cause you’re distracting me. We have to get as far as we can. That fight took all night and we have less than two days to get back.”

“Inuyasha, I know we’re cutting it close, but don’t you think we should rest long enough to bandage your wound and find something to eat. We haven’t slept since the night before nor have we eaten anything since before last evening. We can’t go on without at least a break. Besides, the rest of the trip takes about a whole day, with the rest stops in between. When we get close enough to the village, you can go on without us,” Miroku tried to rationalize.

“I don’t care. You two can rest, but I’ve get to Kagome before I lose her. What if we’re wrong and she has less time than we thought. We can’t guarantee that we’ll get there in time so I’m gonna keep going, with or without you.”

“But Inuyasha, you’re wounded. You can’t go the distance by yourself; not without help and like this. You’re still half-demon, which means that even you need to rest once in a while,” Sango reasoned. “We’ll only stop for a while. No longer than an hour, okay?”

Inuyasha said nothing at first but finally agreed. “Fine. But one hour. And then we leave, no excuses.”

“All right. An hour. Is there any water nearby?” Miroku asked.

“There’s a stream about a hundred paces forward. We’ll be there in a minute.”

As soon as the three arrived to the small stream, Miroku took no time at all to treat Inuyasha’s wound as best as he could with the resources available. Sango caught three fair sized fish and fried them. She and Miroku took theirs, but Inuyasha was already resting up in a tree. So Kirara ate the third fish. Just as they promised, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Sango put out the fire and left the stream after the hour had passed. Only a small bit rejuvenated, they continued a little faster than they were before.

It was about midday when the group encountered their first youkai since leaving the field that morning. Inuyasha quickly made work of the bunch using the Tetsusaiga before the three continued again. This type of meeting kept going like that for about four hours, and, with each appearance of the youkai, they grew more powerful and in number as well. This pace was a little too much for the wounded hanyou, so Sango and Miroku concentrated on the youkai instead. Soon, everyone began to suspect what was happening.

“Houshi-sama, doesn’t it seem a little too suspicious how much and many times these youkai come to attack us?”

“My thoughts exactly, Sango. It seems that Naraku wants by all means to keep us from reaching Kagome before tomorrow evening.”

“Hey, Miroku,” Inuyasha called slightly weakly as he sustained his pace, “You think Naraku still has plans to keep us from Kagome?”

“Yes, it seems so. In that last group, I noticed two Saimyosho fly off after we defeated those five insect youkai. He knows that we can’t afford to try and follow them back to where he is at presently. So he’s freely watching us without our being able to do nothing but just let him.”

“Yeah, I noticed earlier that Naraku’s scent is pretty strong, and if Kagome wasn’t like this, I would be able to sniff him out of his hiding. I could track it if only we didn’t have this to deal with. Damn it! We’re spending too much time talking about this. Let’s just keep going until we reach the end of the forests.”

“I think Inuyasha is pushing it a little. I mean, we haven’t slept since a day and a half ago. We hardly got a break this morning. I’m somewhat used to things like this before the village was destroyed, but even Inuyasha has his limit on how far he can go,” Sango complained quietly.

“Well, can you blame him? Think about it. Inuyasha already knew that time was running out, but he never thought that we would somehow lose a day because of Naraku’s trickery. When you think about it, we’re really cutting it close, especially since we don’t know what else will occur on our way back. We were lucky that nothing else too severe happened. If we keep up like this, then there’s no doubt that we’ll make it before sunset tomorrow.”

“But, houshi-sama, look at him. Inuyasha’s still injured or we would have gotten out of this forest already. It would only take a day if we just walked, including the rests in between. Besides, you and I are too tired to run half the way, and Kirara can’t keep up like this forever. Even she has to rest, just like Inuyasha.”

“Sango, do not worry too much. We still have to remember that anything can happen on the way. If need be, we will stop and let Inuyasha go on by himself if we’re close enough. I believe that Inuyasha will let us stop pretty soon. He’s been pushing himself harder because of the wound. We need to take that to account as well. This bothers me as much as it does you, but we have to let Inuyasha take charge. I know he doesn’t admit it, but he’s afraid, terrified at what he might lose if something goes wrong. Please understand, dear Sango.”

Sango nodded at Miroku’s suggestion. “I’ll try.”

After about an hour, they finally reached the end of the forest and were welcomed by the broad plains. Inuyasha slowly came to a stop at the edge, and Kirara descended to let her two passengers off before transforming back to her small neko form.

“Are we resting for the night, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked.

“Yeah. We’re still less than a day’s away, but we’ll make it if we set out before daylight. We need to rest for a few hours. Besides, the sun’ll be setting soon, and it looks like rain. I don’t know any caves out here so we’re better under the trees. We won’t get as wet if we stay under the leaves. I’ll go get dinner.” And with that, Inuyasha left.

“You don’t suppose that Inuyasha heard me, do you?” Sango questioned.

“Possibly. There’s no telling, so we might as well make ourselves as comfortable as long as we can.”

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p ;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

“Hey, guys. Something’s coming,” Inuyasha said as he opened his eyes and slowly standing up. It was still very early in the morning, judging by the position of the moon.

“Youkai? They must have followed us here from earlier,” Sango said as she sat up from her covers.

“Perhaps. I really wished they would have waited before coming so early,” Miroku said as he yawned.

“Quit the antics, Miroku. I don’t think these are just some pushovers this time. I could sense they’re power about half an hour before now, and they’re still pretty far away. Besides, I smell a familiar stench…”

“Kouga?“ Sango concluded. “No, it couldn’t be Kouga. He should have already went back to the mountains.”

“Well, it seems like we have a choice.” Miroku turned to Inuyasha. “We could stay and wait for them to show their selves, or we could start off and see if we can lose them.”

“We’re gonna leave. If they’ve come to mess with us, those youkai are gonna delay us. And I think y’all have had enough rest by now. We should get going now.”

“Wait, Inuyasha.” Sango placed her hand on his shoulder. “What happens if we don’t shake them off of our trail? We might lead them to Kaede’s village if we fail to get rid of them. Let’s think this over, Inuyasha. I know you’re in a rush to get back to Kagome, but if we’re not careful, something else worse could happen.”

“What else worse could happen if we don’t get back to Kagome in time?! Tell me that! Nothing’s more important to me right now than getting back to Kagome and saving her. So if you wanna get rid of the youkai so much, then why don’t you stay here and defeat them!” Inuyasha started walking into the fields, leaving Sango and Miroku behind.

“Wait…” Sango said as she reached out. Inuyasha started running. “Inuyasha…”

“Just leave him alone. He’ll make it. Right now, we have to deal with the youkai. They’re almost here.”

“Okay.”

Right then, the ground rumbled. They heard trees crashing as something neared.

“From the right!” Miroku yelled, and, as he said, a giant claw appeared and smashed the ground from where Miroku and Sango had been standing. They sat on Kirara’s back in the sky, searching for the body that the claw belonged to. They found a huge bear youkai with a red and a gold eye.

The bear roared in anger. “Where is the Flower of Healing? I demand you tell me,” it growled loudly.

“Flower of Healing? It must mean the Hitorishizuka.”

Miroku paused for a moment to think. “I think maybe the youkai are seeking us out more than usual because they heard of us taking the flower, not because of Naraku. That flower must really be something if this many youkai come after us for it.”

“Well, it is called the Flower of Healing. It must have the powers to heal any ail that human and youkai alike suffer, including the poison of a Hirameki snake. Then that means…” Sango came to a realization. “Inuyasha’s in…”

“We better hurry and catch up with him. He may be in trouble.”
Sango commanded Kirara closer to the bear youkai and threw the Hiraikotsu. It cracked the youkai’s skull open, and it disintegrated to dust. Suddenly, more youkai came from another direction. Sango wouldn’t have been able to retrieve the boomerang in time.

“Oh no you don’t!” a voice came. A tornado hopped from the trees, and Kouga came out to smash the youkai to pieces.

“Kouga!”

“I’ll take care of these guys. Just hurry up and go before that mutt does something stupid,” he replied.

“But Kouga, I thought you went back to the mountains,” Sango claimed.

“No, I decided to follow just in case. Now don’t worry about me. Just go catch up to the dog. He’ll get himself in more trouble by himself.”

“Thank you, Kouga,” Miroku thanked. Kouga nodded in reply before another set of youkai came up.

Sango grabbed Hiraikotsu, and Kirara went off after Inuyasha. By the time they found him, Inuyasha was in a battle himself. He was breathing hard while wielding Tetsusaiga.

“Inuyasha!” He looked back at Miroku’s voice.

“What…are you doing…here?” he asked as he held his side.

“Kouga showed up and is dealing with the youkai as we speak. He told us to hurry and catch up with you. It’s a good thing we did. Let me take over.” Miroku jumped from Kirara’s back. He walked in front of Inuyasha and gripped his prayer beads. “Kazaana!” And with that, the surrounding youkai were sucked into the wind void in Miroku’s right hand.

Inuyasha sheathed Tetsusaiga, but fell to one knee panting hard. “Inuyasha, are you hurt?” Sango asked.

“One of the youkai attacked me, but I’ll be fine.”

“Inuyasha, you’re bleeding! I think your wound might have opened.” Sango made a move to see, but Inuyasha got up and moved away.

“Just leave it alone. I’ll be fine.”

“No, you’re not. Your body’s torn. You can’t keep going on like this. You’re straining yourself too hard.”

“So what?! I have to, for the sake of Kagome.” The sun was rising behind the storm clouds. The rain had already begun to fall. “If I don’t push hard enough, then she might not make it.”

“We’ll still make it. But she won’t if she sees you like this. You might not make it,” Sango said as her tears mixed with the rain. “Do you know how heart broken she will be to see you almost killing yourself for her.”

“But I’d rather die than to let her suffer.”

“She will suffer if you don’t make it back. You know that she would be devastated if you were to be seen like this.”

“But I have to. She already knows this, and if I must, I will. I know she deserves better than me, but I promised that I’d protect her. I’m not going to let her dow-” Inuyasha suddenly collapsed on the ground in the wet grass.

“Inuyasha!”

“Do not worry, Sango. He only fainted. He’s been trying so hard that it has worn him out. He’ll be okay as soon as we get to Kaede’s village.”

“Are you sure, Miroku?”

“Yes, now, Kirara, if you’d be so kind.” Kirara nodded at Miroku. She walked over to Inuyasha, and Miroku gently placed Inuyasha on her back. “Well, it looks like we’ll have to walk since it’s raining and Inuyasha is unconscious. We better get going.”

“Okay,” Sango said as she nodded.

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p ;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

“Houshi-sama, how far do you think we are from the village now?” Sango asked as she adjusted her Hiraikotsu from just attacking a snake youkai.

“I’m not sure, but from judging how long it has been raining, I’d say we are less than half a day’s away. It would be better if we could go faster, but Inuyasha is still unconscious. It would be foolish to run and tire ourselves out too much.”

“Do you really think we’ll make it in time? I mean, I’m sure it’s past noonday, and we’re still half a day away. We only have a few hours left.”

“That is true, but we can’t have Inuyasha getting up and run the rest of the way. This is truly puzzling. I do not what to do.”

Sango paused in speech for a moment, thinking what their options were. Then, she nodded to herself. “Houshi-sama. We’ll have to let Kirara take Inuyasha there on her own. We’re only slowing him down, but if we let Kirara go on ahead and take him there, then there’s no doubt those two will make it.”

“But are we sure that it’s okay to let him go off by himself while he’s still unconscious? There are most likely still some youkai that are after the flower. More than likely, they’ll be attacked.”

“I know this, but it may be our only hope to help Kagome before it’s too late. Kirara can hold her own as long as Inuyasha doesn’t fall off. They should make it before sunset without anything too bad happening. I know it sounds kind of risky, but we’re a liability to him and Kagome.”

“Sango, you’ve really thought this through.”

“Yeah. All this time, I hadn’t realize how much of this affects Inuyasha and what it would mean to him. I want to say that I like Kagome just as much, but his love runs deeper than just friendship. They have a stronger bond than any of us could ever understand. All we can do is help them when they are in need, to just be there for them as supporting friends. This is the time that they need us. So we must let Kirara take him. We are just burdening him by slowing him down.” Sango walked over to Kirara and patted her on the head. “So do you understand, Kirara. We need you to and take Inuyasha to the village without us. You need to go as fast as you can, or it may be too late. I know you’ve been pushed hard lately, but we really need this of you. Will you please do this favor for us?”

Kirara purred deeply and rubbed her head against Sango’s palm. She then nodded and started to ascend.

“We’ll be behind you, so don’t worry about us. Protect Inuyasha and make sure that he gets there,” Sango called to the departing youkai.

“Sango, we did the right thing. Now it’s up to those two,” Miroku said putting his arm around her shoulders.

Sango turned and buried her face in Miroku’s robes. “I hope…I hope he makes it. I don’t Kagome to die, nor Inuyasha,” she cried.

“He’ll make sure of that. You are a great friend to them, Sango.”

“Miroku-sama…” Sango smiled around her tears. “Thank you.” And she kissed him.

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p; p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

A few hours later, Inuyasha woke to see that he was on Kirara’s back. “Kirara?”

The neko youkai growled in response and flew as fast as she could through the rain. They were pretty high in the air and there was no sign of Sango and Miroku.

“Did Sango and Miroku send you off with me?” The giant fire cat nodded again. ‘I must have passed out back there. Damn it! How long was I asleep?’ Inuyasha looked through a gap in the clouds and saw that the sun wasn’t too far from setting. ‘From here, I’m pretty close to the village, but the sun’s close to setting. What the hell am I going to do?!’

It was still raining and lightening even. It was getting dangerous up in the sky, so Kirara descended to the ground. Judging by the way Kirara was looking, she wasn’t going to last for very long. Both of them hadn’t had a decent rest in almost a week, and even Inuyasha was struggling to stay awake in the rain. He could still sense youkai around in the forest watching him, following the traveling pair. They knew of the cargo he possessed and its value. It would only be a matter of time before they revealed themselves. They had to get a move on and Inuyasha knew it. Problem was he didn’t have much strength in him to move, let alone run in the ran the rest of the way to Kaede’s village and by Kagome’s bed, and Kirara was soon due to give out.

“Damn, what am I gonna do?” he said under his breath. “It’s still an hour’s run from here and I don’t know how much longer until dusk.” Kirara groaned wearily, indicating she couldn’t last much longer at her current pace. “Hang in there, Kirara, for Kagome’s sake. We’re close.” She growled suddenly in response. “What?”

Three youkai came out of the shadows of the trees at once. A lizard, a bear, and a snake youkai. Inuyasha held tightly to Kirara’s neck as she dodged their attacks. She bit the snake in its neck and tore its head off. The bear managed to claw at her side before she could jump away. Both Inuyasha and Kirara fell to the ground. Kirara changed back and mewed in pain. Inuyasha was trying to get up but was in too much pain and hadn’t regained his strength yet. But he knew he couldn’t give up, not yet. He was very close to the village and it was near sunset.

“I can’t stop now…” he said as he took out Tetsusaiga and used it to pull himself up. “Everyone’s counting on me…especially her…” he panted as he transformed his sword. “I can’t fail her… I won’t let her DIE!” he said as he unleashed the Kaze no Kizu on the three youkai as they regrouped to attack again.

Inuyasha dropped to his knees as the remnants of the youkai fell to the ground. He used the Tetsusaiga to support himself. ‘At least, not by herself…’

‘Kagome, if I thought it would save you, I would kill myself just so that you could live. I couldn’t bear to go on with life if you weren’t there with me. And if you did die, I would kill myself just so that I could be with you, even if it was impossible. You’re the only thing I live for.’
His own words played through his head.

‘It’s true.’

He stood back up.

‘I meant every word of it.’

He sheathed his sword once more.

‘I couldn’t stand being in pain again, not like that, not by myself. If Kagome were to disappear from my life, I couldn’t go on living.’

He picked up Kirara.

‘That’s it. If I fail her, if should she die, I will follow her. I won’t let her go by herself. I’ll be right after her.’

He began running to Kaede’s village.

‘Be careful. I’ll be waiting here so hurry back. If you don’t, I’ll be ready to kick your butt in the afterlife.’

“Hopefully, Kagome, you won’t deny me for failing you, for letting you go.”

;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p; p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p;p

If you wish to kill me, just raise your hands or yell really loud, “Die, you asshole!” Or you could just tell me that I suck for leaving ya there and you hate me. It’s not where I had intended on stopping but this chapter was getting too long for my standards so I just left it there.

I am so, so, so, so, so, so sorry for not updating for so long. My computer was cursed with viruses so we had to have it looked at by a technician. He put SpyWare protection stuff on there so it’s all better and running. Luckily, none of my ‘important’ stuff was deleted so I’m a happy camper, er, camp worker… er, okay, scratch the happy part. My job sucks. Well, one more week left…

Well, I must leave you to go and type Forgiving Loss. Jaa!

Final Words

Inuyasha: Hey Sango, what’s this I hear about you and Houshi making out in the rain?

Kagome: (blushing) What?!

Sango: (blushing as well, except a deeper shade of crimson) Wh-What? Where did you hear that from, Inuyasha?

IY: Who else would blab about something like that?

Miroku: Now, Sango, dear, why do you look at me like that? I was only explaining to Inuyasha how to treat your woman if you want rewards in the end. I was only using us as an example because we love each other so much. Can’t we just express our feelings, Sango? (backs into a tree)

Sango: (Taijiya form) Oh, yes, let’s. Let me start by knocking your head off to show how much I love you! And then to show my affections for you I’ll let Kirara eat your remains. I’ll just hang you head as a trophy for the man that I adored so much and gave me so much pleasure! Killing, of course.

(Hiraikotsu knocking down trees as Miroku screams for Buddha)

Kag: See what you started, Inuyasha? I can’t believe I’m trusting you to save me.

IY: Well, excuse me. Maybe I shouldn’t save you if you are so unappreciative towards me. Especially after all I’ve done for.

Kag: Fine, go then! I don’t ca- (starts a round of coughing and hacking)

IY: Kagome! Are you okay!?

Kag: Get away from me! Osuwari!

IY: Ack! (hits ground) Why do I even bother?

Kag: (yells) Osuwari! (then softly) Because you love me so.

Shippou: Why do I get stuck with the weirdoes?

San: Come back, my LOVE! I only want to show you how much I’m FOND of you. I only want to CUDDLE you!

Mir: No way, you’re too scary!

San: WHAT?!