InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scars ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, don't own Inuyasha or any of the characters. :'( I also don't own the song Scars. :'( :'(
 
Kaori: We've undergone some hardships around here lately. I'd like to put up a remembrance for Randy Belbin, whom at the age of 26 killed himself in his shed on June 26th 2005. Randy was a good man, and we all loved him. So probably after this my fics maybe a big angsty and dark…cause this is just so hard to grasp. So enjoy.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
…unrequited love…sends the soul into darkness…making the heart and mind unreachable to reality
 
Blood ran from Kagome's shoulder blade, her school uniform was drenched in her blood, along with blood from other youkai. The young miko winced as she stumbled through the forest, the full Shikon no Tama hung around her neck and shone dimly in the darkness. Her vision grew fuzzy as she felt another one of her wounds on her stomach reopen; she had clearly lost too much blood.
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
 
She pressed herself up against the God Tree; the large indent that marked the area where Inuyasha had been sealed to the tree was just above her head. Kagome's breathes where shorter now, it hurt so much to move, let alone breathe.
 
Her brown eyes stared up at the indent; this cursed spot was where it all began. She had freed Inuyasha from the tree two years before, everything seemed to be great after the Osuwari command came into effect. But all that changed a month ago when the Shikon no Tama had been put together.
 
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
Kagome could feel tears roll down her cheeks and join the blood and dirt that had already gathered. Inuyasha was with Kikyo now, when Kagome refused to give him the Shikon no Tama the hanyou seemed to forget about her existence. But Kagome never regretted not giving him the jewel, if she had he, and probably hundreds of other people, would be dead now.
 
Along with not giving Inuyasha the jewel, Kagome lost Inuyasha's promise to always protect her. Because of the jewel, lots of humans and youkai came to seek out Kagome and kill her so they could steal the jewel and become the most powerful beings in the world; and she don't have Inuyasha to protect her.
 
`…I'm going to die because of his stubbornness.' Kagome thought as she punched the indent as hard as she could (which wasn't very hard because of the state she was in). She put her hands over her stomach and fell to her knees trembling, pain started to overcome her.
 
Drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
I'm pissed cause you came around
Why don't you just go home
 
`I wish I never met him…I wish I hadn't chased Bouyo into the well house that day…' Kagome thought as she started to sob in pain. “…I just want to be home…in my bed…away from all this…” she turned her dirty face towards the sky and let out a vicious scream, hoping Inuyasha heard it. “BAKA HANYOU! I WISH I HAD NEVER MET YOU!”
 
Blood rose in her throat and started to dribble from the corners of her lips and down over her face. Kagome's brown eyes widened and she stared into the darkness of the sky as she let the blood flow freely from her mouth…she couldn't breathe.
 
She coughed and tilted her head down, spitting the blood into the grass as she tried to able herself to breathe once again. `…look at what I've become Inuyasha…and those youkai will still follow my sent on this night…and when they find me…I'll let them do as they wish…I'm not able to fight anymore…so I won't even try.'.
 
Cause you channel all your pain
And I can't help to fix myself
Your making me insane
All I can say is
 
The miko lay on her side under the God tree; she closed her eyes and concentrated all her thoughts on the wound in her stomach. The claw from the youkai was still there, but she still bled a lot from around the yellow stained claw. `If I take it out I'll go quicker…' she thought as she tried to feel around for the claw, it was broke off inside her, she was only able to feel the smooth part where it cracked off.
 
Reality soon became a daze for Kagome, the silence of the night started to fade away with her vision. It seemed as though there was no other person in the world besides herself.
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
She could hear footsteps around her, and the low grunts and snarls of youkai as they sniffed her to see if she was still alive. Opening her eyes she could see their red orbs staring back at her, and the disfigured hairy bodies the beasts had been cursed with loomed around her, they were all shaking in fury.
 
Kagome didn't care…she couldn't find a reason to. Everything wrong in her life concluded around the fact that Inuyasha was gone from grasp; she couldn't reach him any longer.
 
I tried to help you once
A kiss will only vise
I saw you going down
But you never realized
 
One of the youkai picked Kagome up and lifted her over its head, it let out a sheer scream before letting the dying miko drift towards the God Tree. Kagome let out a cry as she felt her ribs crack and smash off in her chest as she curled around the tree before hitting the ground.
 
She moved slightly to try and sit up on her elbow, but her shattered ribs grinded together, causing her to scream and fall back down on her back. Another youkai picked her up by her left ankle and get her dangle upside down in the air, it snickered evilly and snatched the Shikon no Tama off her neck. Kagome looked into its eyes, her body losing all of its energy.
 
That you're drowning in the water
So I offered you my hand
Compassions in my nature
Tonight is our last dance
 
She let her eyes close, allowing reality to slip away once more; she almost never heard the sound of Tetsusaiga being ripped out of its sheath. The youkai dropped her, her ribs cracked some more, but she never cried in pain, she couldn't find the strength to. She then felt the Shikon no Tama fall on her chest, she opened her eyes.
 
The youkai was facing the person in red, she saw Tetsusaiga's long, beautiful blade up in the air. It was Inuyasha…but she suddenly didn't care. `…coming to save me when there's no hope left…' she thought bitterly. `I guess he wants first dibs on the jewel when I die.'
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
Inuyasha slashed through the youkai with ease, and the stainless blade of Tetsusaiga went back to its original size. The hanyou ran over to Kagome and knelt by her, his golden eyes trembled and his ears twitched…he looked like he actually cared.
 
Kagome gave him a slow blink, which also hurt her. She wanted to tell him to leave…she wanted to tell him that she wanted to die there alone and unwanted…which was the way he had left her. But all she could choke out was: “What are you doing here?”
 
Inuyasha shook his head and steadily lifted Kagome into his lap, careful that he didn't hurt her ribs. “What do you mean? I promised…”
 
“Your promise meant nothing to you when I denied you this.” She held the Shikon no Tama in front of his face. “I saw you four times sense then…four…” her breath caught in her throat and she coughed up more blood.
 
I'm drunk and I'm feeling down
And I just wanna be alone
You shouldn't ever came around
Why don't you just go home?
 
“Kagome I'm sorry…that's not the reason why…”
 
“Then what was it then?” Kagome snapped, she winced and dropped the jewel to the ground.
 
“I was just scared…”
 
“Scared…scared of what?”
 
“I was scared that if I hung around you…now that the jewel was complete, that you would get mad and go home and never come here again.” Inuyasha said. “I know you thought I was with Kikyo…but…I killed her during the fight with Naraku…I didn't want anything more to do with her.”
 
Kagome looked away from him, she didn't want to believe him…it didn't really matter all that much anyway now…she wasn't going to live much longer.
 
Cause your drowning in the water
And I tried to grab your hand
And I left my heart open
But you didn't understand
But you didn't understand
 
“Kagome, please…let me help you now…I'm sorry I wasn't there for you…I'm sorry!” Inuyasha's voice cracked and cut off, and Kagome looked back at him.
 
Tears?
 
Yes, there were tears in his eyes…he was crying…for her.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome whimpered. “You're too late…”
 
“No…no I'm not…you can get out of this…you can live…you survived through so much! You can make it…” Inuyasha's ears flattened on his head as he looked into the miko's brown eyes.
 
You fix yourself
 
Kagome started to cry, she couldn't take this…now…at all times…he came clean about it all. “Why are you doing this to me? Why are you telling me this now?” tears streamed down her face. “WHY!?”
 
Inuyasha picked up the jewel. “Because I want to be with you, Kagome…I want you to stay with me.” He looked at the wound on the miko's stomach. “I'll shove all my dreams aside…just to be with you.” He lowered the jewel to the wound.
 
“What are you doing?” Kagome asked, she shot up, and one of her broken ribs pierced her on the inside.
 
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
 
Her back arched, and her eyes grew wide, she felt it…it was going in…to what organ she didn't know…but it was there.
 
“Kagome,” Inuyasha grabbed her shoulders. “Kagome, what's wrong?”
 
Kagome grabbed Inuyasha's collar, she looked him in the face before she kissed him gently on the lips. “You listen to me…” blood rolled out over her bottom lip. “Don't tell mom, Sota, or Grandpa…they think I'm here to live…don't tell them.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
I can't help you fix yourself
But at least I can say I tried
I'm sorry but I gotta move on with my own life
 
“Don't…” she put her fingers on his lips. “Don't…” her breath caught in her throat, and her eyes rolled back in her head, her body went limo in Inuyasha's arms.
 
“Kagome! No Kagome!” Inuyasha hugged her close to him. “Let this work...please let this work. He took the Shikon no Tama and pushed it into the wound on her stomach and set her body onto the grass.
 
Stroking her hand he watched her closely, tears finally streaming down his cheeks.
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
Inuyasha's eyes drifted down to the wound, a dull gleam surrounded it and it closed. He looked into the girls face, it was still pale…and very much lifeless, he then felt her fingers glaze his knee.
 
I tear my heart open, I sow myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much
My scars remind me that the past is real
I tear my heart open just to feel
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Want me to make a sequel? Cause if you want to find out what happens to Kagome just tell me…it's probably not gonna be pretty good though. REVIEW!