InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Scars ❯ Take Me Away ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: you know what I own and what I don't.
 
Kaori: Ah! Thanks for pointing out my error! I was thinking June 10th when I typed that down….why I put the 26th? Because I was just after saying he was 26 years old…so my mind got in a tangle for a second. -.- So yeah Randy killed himself on June 10th. Well I have another Suicide to announce. A girl named Maria hung herself today{June 17th…by the time I get this sequel up it might be the 18th er 19th}. She was my best friend when she used to live here -.- so This has been a really hard week for me…but I'm starting to look at things this way…there's no pain where they are now. <3 and I'm happy for that.
 
Well anyway, the song for this chapter is going to be “Take Me Away” by Seether…if you haven't heard this song before download it! It's great! AAAND because of my new way of thinking…I think this will be a happy ending. =^-^=
 
~*~*~*~
 
If the power of love can overcome death…why are you lying pale in front of me?
 
 
Kagome swallowed, her throat was dry and raw, and it felt as if she hadn't drank in days. Se moved her fingers along the flat, smooth surface she was lying on. Was she alive? It sure felt like it, but still…she was scared to open her eyes.
 
`I died…' she thought wearily. `I can remember it…' her thoughts grew silent as she heard people talking.
 
“It did, it sank into her body…then as far as I could see all her wounds disappeared. Then she moved!” Inuyasha's harsh whisper poured into Kagome's ears.
 
“Nani? Inuyasha ye have made another Kohaku. `Tis as simple as that.” Kaede answered. “If another youkai bids thee jewel to appear, like Mistress Centipede did long ago, the jewel will shoot out of her and she will revert back to the state you found her in…broken and dying.”
 
“Nani? Old woman you…”
 
“Well I might as well say what I really wish to tell you!” Kaede's voice rose. “You've made yourself another zombie; you've created yourself another Kikyo!”
 
With that, Kagome's eyes shot open.
 
As beautiful as fire against the evening sky
you fuel the lost desire- I no longer wanna die
 
`Another Kikyo…' Kagome thought as she slowly sat up on the small bed she had been placed on. “Another Kikyo?” she couldn't believe what she had heard. She looked at her pale hand, “am I just like her now?” she wondered out loud.
 
Inuyasha poked his head into Kaede's hut after hearing what the young miko had said. “K-Kagome…” he stammered.
 
Kagome looked at him, her eyes saddened. “You made me like she was…” she stated without question. “You made me one of the walking dead.” She swallowed, now realizing that she didn't even need to breathe anymore. “I can't feel.”
 
Take me by the hand and see beyond the lies
Strip away the fences - leave me needing, leave me high
 
Inuyasha shut the door to the hut as he entered, he rushed over to the frantic miko and knelt beside her, taking her hands…they were so cold. “No Kagome…no I didn't mean to…” he looked into Kagome's brown orbs, tears building up around them, he knew this time he had really, truly hurt her.
 
“You couldn't stay away form her so you made me like her…” Kagome whispered as tears rolled down her face. “Inuyasha…”
 
“No, Kagome that's not it at all!” Inuyasha squeezed her freezing hand in attempt to get her to listen to him. “Its not what I wanted…I wished for the jewel to keep you alive before I let it go into you…this isn't what I meant.”
 
Kagome took her hand away from his, her eyes filled with confusion and sadness.
 
I know you're so solo, but I can't.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha watched as the girl stood up and left the hut, her movements had no sound to them…just as Kikyo's never. “…she really is like her now…” the hanyou breathed as he sat back against the bed. “What have I done?”
 
Kagome looked around the outside; Kaede had already left the side of the hut, and there was no one else to be seen. `I can't see the colors anymore…' she thought in horror. `The world…it's so dark…' she put her hands up to her mouth and sobbed. `Inuyasha what did you do to me?'
 
She left the village and ventured off into the forest. `…the trees have no smell anymore…' she kept going until she came to the God Tree; she stretched her hand out and let it brush the thick, rough bark.
 
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose control
 
“No…” Kagome put two of her hands on the tree and frantically felt around. “No, no, no, no!” she pounded her fists on the bark and slowly sank to her knees. “…it's like its not even there…” she whimpered. “Inuyasha, why couldn't you have just left me there?”
 
Inuyasha sat outside Kaede's hut; he stared blankly off into the sky. “What did I do to you? Kagome I'm so sorry…”
 
“I think you should say that to Kagome, no yourself.” Kaede said from one side. “She thinks ye did this to make her more like my sister.”
 
“But I didn't! I just wanted her to live…” Inuyasha shot at the elderly miko. “You know that!”
 
“But Kagome does not.” Kaede said as she headed into the hut. “Let her know, Inuyasha. For the dead can only hold on to certain feelings for so long…after awhile, she will come to forget about ye, and she may run and never return.”
 
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose it all
 
“But she will remain dead…she will forget either way if that's the case!” Inuyasha spat at the miko. “Damn old woman you're useless!”
 
Kaede stopped in the doorway of the hut and looked back at the hanyou. “She died in a very saddened state, Inuyasha. Maybe she will live if she hears the kind words of the hanyou she loves; it may help her heart to flutter back to life.”
 
Inuyasha watched the miko disappear into the hut, his ears twitched. `That's it…' he thought, standing up. `…tell a tale of truth and the dead shall rise again…' Inuyasha ran off into the forest, following Kagome's unearthly dead sent.
 
Relieved of all the pain you let me see again
Delivered from my shame now and I am lost for what to say
 
Kagome heard Inuyasha skid to a stop behind her, she took a breath, but it felt as if the air flowed into her mouth and out her ears, her lungs never accepted the life-giving gas…they didn't need it anymore. “Are you happy now?” Kagome snapped as she looked back at the hanyou, her tearstained pale face seemed to gleam in the shadow of the God Tree.
 
“Kagome, you don't understand…I…” Inuyasha took a couple steps towards her.
 
“Don't! Don't come near me!” Kagome turned around on her knees and glared the hanyou down to the debts of hell. “You…look at what you did!” she pointed an accusing finger at Inuyasha. “Your cloths move in the breeze! I can't even feel it on my face!” she dug her nails into the bark of the God Tree. “I can't feel this tree anymore…I can't feel anything…”
 
Cleansed and pure and weak, I suffer when I dream.
I need to find a purpose- I need to feel you needing me.
I know you're so solo, but I can't.
“Kagome please listen to me!” Inuyasha knelt in front of her and grabbed her hands away from the tree. “Just please…listen…”
 
Kagome's eyes trembled, she looked at his face, it almost seemed unimportant to her now. `…I don't know how too feel when I look at him now…' Kagome thought. `The love, I can't find it…'
 
“I didn't do this because I wanted you like Kikyo…” Inuyasha said to her. “I did this so I could give you a chance to live…a chance to have the life you wanted…I wasn't going to let those power hungry youkai take that chance away from you.”
 
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose control
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose it all
 
Kagome felt her chest tickle, and then the pain came. She bit her bottom lip and continued to listen to the hanyou's words. They were hurting her…it felt like her chest was going to blow open due to the pressure. `What's happening?'
 
“I could care less about that woman, Kagome. And it hurts me to see you suffer like this…if I could give you your life…your full life…back to you I would…” Inuyasha felt heat returning to the miko's hands, and her face started to regain color.
 
“Inu-yasha…” Kagome stammered as she felt a thump in her chest, she recognized the feeling...it was life.
 
Pure and weak, I suffer when I dream
Cleansed of me, I suffer when I dream
 
Kagome's throat squeezed itself tight, telling her to breathe. The young miko obeyed and took in a breath, the air was cold to her and she could feel it cut through her body and enter her lungs.
 
She looked to Inuyasha, she saw it…the love was there…she felt her cheeks heat up into a blush.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha ran his fingers down her cheek. “Are you alright?” his ears twitched and his nostrils flared, he could hear her heart beat…he could smell the life seeping back into her body. But where was the jewel? The presence was not there anymore.
 
Because I want you to stay, you take away the pain
I want you to stay
; I need you here to keep me sane
 
“Inuyasha…the jewel…” Kagome grabbed his hands. “I feel it…its leaving…” she clung into the hanyou as she felt the burning sensation of the jewel disintegrate inside of her.
 
Inuyasha held the miko close to him until her grip around his body relaxed. He looked down into her face, which was now bright, and her eyes twinkled with life once more. “So you believe me now?” he asked.
 
“Inuyasha…” Kagome leaned up and kissed the hanyou's lips.
 
Inuyasha kissed her back, holding her a close to him as he could. He was never going to let her go again.
 
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose control
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Take me away, yeah
Cause I don't wanna lose it all
 
As the sun sat on the feudal era, Inuyasha and Kagome lay together under the God Tree. The miko rubbed the hanyou's ears tenderly as he slept.
 
`I now know the emptiness Kikyo felt as she roamed the earth a dead being. She looked at Inuyasha and got the confused feeling that there was something missing. That's what set her off…that's what made her like she was.' Kagome smiled and looked up at Inuyasha's sleeping face. `I never want to experience that feeling again.'
 
I want you to stay- you take away the pain
I want you to stay- I need you here to keep me san
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kaori: Sooo? What do you think of she ending? ^^; Not bad eh? Lol, well review and tell me what you think!