InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Second Chance ❯ The Shikon No Tama ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gwg: Another update, sorry it took so long. Had to take mid-terms and that kinda slowed me down and then I've been helping Mom get ready for Christmas. That reminds me, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who had reviewed and read this story.

 

Second Chance

Chapter Two

The Shikon No Tama

 

Inuyasha was completely stunned at the girl's words. Kagome's daughter? But she was part demon and he knew that no demons actually lived in Kagome's time. Miroku watched the different emotions play over his friend's face, the most prominent one being confusion.

 

"How can you be her daughter? You're part youkai."

 

"Hanyou, if you must know. Part inu youkai, part ningen or miko, whichever way you see it." she replied as she looked over at the taijya and the houshi. Standing close to the houshi was a kitsune youkai and sitting at the feet of the taijya was a kaji neko youkai. These must be the ones father was talking about....but he's not here. He told me he spent time with them after mother left, yet he's not among them now...

 

"Inu youkai, that would make your father..."

 

"A full fledged inu youkai, yeah."

 

Inuyasha looked at the girl, shocked at the way she talked. She acted as if she knew everything about them, and about the Fuedal Era, but he doubted that Kagome would send her here of her own free will. Suddenly, his senses were assaulted by the familar scent of power, a very strong and pure power. The Shikon No Tama...she has it...

 

"Where's the damned jewel?!"

 

Sango looked at Inuyasha, her eyes showing her confusion about what he was talking about. The young kitsune youkai, Shippou, looked over at the girl with his eyes trained on the necklace around her neck.

 

"You mean this?" she replied, pulling a whole Shikon No Tama out of her shirt. Apparently she wasn't lying about her mother being Kagome, for the jewel was just as pure as the day they had completed it many years ago.

 

"The Jewel of Four Souls...how did you come across such a prize, girl?"

 

A cold and caculating voice sounded from somewhere behind them. Everyone turned around to meet the dark amber eyes of the taiyoukai known as Sesshomaru. Kagura noticed the girl's eyes widden in reconizition before she took a step forward.

 

"It belonged to my mother...and you must be Sesshomaru." she replied as he looked the youkai lord over. His eyes were the same amber hue as her mother had said, the clothes and the markings in place as well. So different...and yet they are the same...

 

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" he growled out, Kagura watching the exchange between them. Sesshomaru could sense something in her, something that was apart of her that was just as much apart of him.

 

"My name is Yuki Higurashi..."

 

As dumb as he could be sometimes, even Inuyasha noticed that she ignored his brother's first question. She was trying to hide something, but he just didn't know what. Her scent was of sakura blossoms and jasmine, like her mothers, but it was laced with another scent that was so familar, but he just couldn't place it. Inuyasha also noticed the way her eyes would travel to Sesshomaru often, as though she knew him and he was somehow out of place in this world.

 

It was then that he noticed her eye color, sapphire with flecks of amber. Yet before he could say anything on the matter, his brother spoke once again.

 

"You didn't answer my first question, hanyou." he stated as he stepped closer to her. Yugi growled, her instincts taking over as she slashed at him.

 

"I'll answer you, if you can beat me.." she growled out, getting into a fighting stance. It was then that Sesshomaru's eyes caught the sheath at her side, one that he reconized very well. Yet before he had time to do anything, he was aware of a small trickle of blood rolling down his cheek. In his lapse of attention she had attacked, and surprisingly cut his cheek.