InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Guardian ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 4

~*~*~

Hojo sighed. “Good timing. How long were you standing there?”

“Long enough.” Kouga said as he glared murder at Hojo.

Hojo turned his back to the two demons and faced Kagome. “Move behind those rocks over there. I’ll get out and give you your clothes.”

Kagome just nodded and moved, her mortification obvious.

When she was hidden behind the rocks, Hojo moved back to where their clothes were spread out. Unconcerned about the two demons, he slowly got dressed. His clothes were still wet, making him grimace. Then, he leaned over Kagome’s clothes and touched them gently. Warmth emanated from his hand, spreading over her clothing and dried them within moments.

When they were dry, he carried them over to the rock face and set them down. Kagome peeked out from behind the rock and looked over at the three men. “Turn your backs! I can’t get dressed while you’re gawking at me.” She scowled up at them.

Immediately, all three men turned their backs, Hojo thoroughly embarrassed that he’d forgotten he shouldn’t look.

“Why did you Summon us?” Sesshoumaru asked Hojo.

“I want you two to protect Kagome.”

“WHAT?!”

Hojo cringed. “Kagome, I have to go back to our world, and you need to be protected. These two can protect-”

“Not a chance! Inuyasha can protect me!” Kagome, now fully dressed hit Hojo on the shoulder, signaling that they could turn around.

“Kagome-”

“This was your plan from the beginning, wasn’t it? To abandon me with them? Hojo, how could you?” Kagome went from angry to hurt in a blink.

Hojo started to panic. “Kagome, I should have told you, you’re right. But I was afraid you would fight me on this, and I couldn’t afford that. I’m really sorry. Please, don’t be upset.”

Before Kagome could blast Hojo, Sesshoumaru interrupted. “Why are you allowing her to speak to you that way? You should keep her in her place and not allow such bad behavior.”

“Bad behavior?!” Kagome stared at Sesshoumaru incredulously. “Why are you here anyway?”

Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. “I’m here because he Summoned me.” He nodded toward Hojo.

“You don’t seem like the type to do what anyone tells you to, so that didn’t answer my question. And why would you do what a human told you to do anyway?”

Hojo closed his eyes. This was not going well. He opened his eyes and grabbed Kagome’s arm, pulling her into a tight hug. He murmured something softly into her hair and then kissed her forehead. Kagome went limp in his arms. Hojo swept her off her feet and cradled her to his chest and turned back to the two demons. She would be furious with him when she woke up, but he’d deal with it when he saw her next.

“What the hell did you do to her!?” Kouga took a threatening step forward.

“Calm down, Kouga. She’s just asleep.” Hojo moved toward Kouga and handed Kagome to him. “I didn’t tell her what I was. She thinks that I’m just another boy at her school.”

“Why did you not tell her?” Sesshoumaru looked down at the girl his brother had taken into his care.

“Because I didn’t. And I don’t want you two to tell her either. Understand?”

“Of course.” Sesshoumaru nodded respectively to Hojo. Kouga glowered for a moment longer before he, too, nodded.

“Good. Now I want you two to protect her with your lives. She’s not to come to any harm. And avoid Inuyasha and his friends. They cannot find her.”

Kouga frowned. “Why?”

Hojo gave him a level look. “The fate of the future relies on all of their survival. If something happens to any of them, very bad things will happen.” Hojo looked away from them. “I would protect her myself, but I have to go and make sure things go right.”

“Don’t worry about Kagome. We’ll protect her with our lives. But what about Inuyasha and the others? You said that their survival is paramount as well.” Kouga looked down at Kagome’s sleeping face. “Do we need to protect them too?”

“No. They will be fine, as long as they don’t see Kagome.”

“What happens if they do?”

“Not your concern.” Hojo looked directly into Kouga’s eyes. “Just make sure you two prevent that from happening. They cannot find her. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Now, I’m heading back. Take care of her.” With that, Hojo made his way back up the cliff side, leaving Kagome in the care of the two demons.

~*~*~

Inuyasha eyed the well, not exactly sure whether or not to remove the paper spells or not. He wanted to tear the damn things to shreds, but Miroku was right. He didn’t know what that would do.

He watched as Miroku examined each of the paper spells, careful to avoid touching any of them. They had all been standing by the well for an hour in the drizzle and still had no idea why someone would seal the well, and make it rain for three days.

“Well, I can tell you that these spells are to seal the travel between Kagome’s world and ours. Also, I can’t remove them.”

“What?! Miroku, You better figure out a way to remove those spells!” Inuyasha glared at the monk.

“You didn’t let me finish. I can’t remove the spell, Inuyasha, because they are designed to be removed by only one person. Not even the person who laid these spells can remove them.”

“Well, who can remove them? I want that well opened now.”

“The spell specifically demands that you, Inuyasha, be the one to remove the spell.” Miroku gave him a level look. “That worries me.”

“Huh? Me? Why?”

“I’m not sure. But there’s no help for it. We have to unseal the well so Lady Kagome can come back.” Miroku faced the well and got into a battle stance. “Just be ready for anything, Inuyasha.”

Sango and Kilala took up similar stances, while Shippou moved behind a tree. Inuyasha looked at the well a moment, fear for Kagome beating in his heart. Quickly, he tore all the paper spells to shreds.

Almost instantaneously, a blur of white fur hurtled out of the well and landed in a nearby tree. Inuyasha swung around, his shock apparent. “Naraku, what the hell?” He quickly sprang into action, launching himself up at the demon and swiped at him with his claws.

Naraku easily avoided the attack, and smirked at Inuyasha. “That girl comes from a very interesting place. I must say I rather enjoyed my visit there. I’ll be sure to do it again soon. But you’ll excuse me, I have a boy to kill.” With that, Naraku leapt away and disappeared from site.

“Dammit!!!” Inuyasha swore a blue streak as he jumped down the well. What happened to Kagome? Was she okay? Did Naraku hurt her?

As he hit the well bottom, he leapt straight up and out of the well, racing towards Kagome’s house. He crashed through the door and raced around the house, looking for any sign that she was there. When he found no trace of her, he ran out of the house. He smelled deeply and scented her family. In a flash, Inuyasha was racing towards them. He found them in a hotel a few miles from the shrine.

“Where’s Kagome? Is she okay?” Inuyasha said as greeting.

“Inuyasha! We thought she was with you! She went through the well three days ago. Didn’t you see her?” Kagome’s mother stood up, a worried expression on her face.

“Does this mean that demon’s gone and we can go home?” Souta asked.

Inuyasha tried to process what he’d been told. Kagome hod gone through the well three days ago. That very night, a magic made rain storm had been created to hide someone’s presence from him. Someone had also sealed the well preventing anyone from crossing. None of it was adding up. Was Kagome trying to hide from him? Why? What was going on?

Souta tugged on Inuyasha’s sleeve. “Can we go home now?”

Inuyasha looked down at Souta. “Yeah, Naraku already went back to my time. So it’s safe now.”

“Good!” Souta beamed up at Inuyasha. “Tell sis when you see her that Hojo was really cool for warning us, okay? You know her temper. She’s probably mad at him.”

“Hojo?” Inuyasha’s mind whirled. Wasn’t he the guy she’d come back here to see? “What do you mean, he warned you?”

“You didn’t see him either?” Kagome’s mother frowned. “He brought Kagome home. He warned us to get away from the shrine immediately, that that demon was going to be there for a while because he was sealing the well to prevent it from crossing back. He also said he was going to take Kagome to safety. I assumed he meant he was going to bring her to you.”

“No, I haven’t seen either of them.” Inuyasha looked over them all. “You can go back to your home now. It’s safe. Excuse me. I gotta go find Kagome now.” Inuyasha exited the room, and made his way back to the well. By the time he crossed back over, his temper was full force.

“Inuyasha, did you find her?” Sango asked, holding her breath.

“No. She’s here in our time. Apparently, she’s been back for three days now, WITH HER BOYFRIEND!!!” Inuyasha exploded. He stormed of in the direction of the village.

“What?” Miroku quickly caught up with Inuyasha and grabbed his arm to stop him. That was a mistake, considering Inuyasha’s state of mind. Miroku was just able to avoid his slashing claws. “Calm down a minute! Tell us exactly what happened.”

Inuyasha kept walking back to the village, but he told the others what he had learned. When they had reached the village, Miroku was thinking hard on what it all meant.

“He must have sealed the well.” Miroku concluded. “And made the rain storm to hide the fact that Kagome was back. But why?”

“That’s exactly what I plan on asking him when I find him.” Inuyasha said.

“Inuyasha, wait!” Miroku didn’t try to stop him this time, just waited to see if he would comply. When Inuyasha did stop, Miroku sighed in relief. “I think we should wait here for him.”

“What are you talking about, Monk? He has Kagome! We need to find them!” Inuyasha glared at him, daring him to argue. Miroku was never one to back down, so he did argue back.

“He comes from Kagome’s time. He’s got to come back here to get back home. And if we watch the well, we won’t miss him when he does come back.”

Inuyasha just scowled for a moment. Eventually, he sighed. “Fine. We’ll wait here for him. But I get to kill him, got it?”

Miroku just smiled. If Hojo was the one to set the spells, he was very powerful, and Inuyasha would find it hard to kill him. But if he had hurt Kagome in any way, he would deserve death.

~*~*~

I'm so, so, so, so, so, so sorry for the log delay in this chapter!!!! ^^;; I've had so many other projects to work on that this one got put on the back burner. Gomen.

But I want to thank all of you people that reviewed! ^____^ I pulled this off the back burner for you guys because you kept giving me such wonderful reviews, even after all these months of no updates. *sniff* You guys are so great!!!!! Thank you!!!!

I will try to update this story more frequently. But I have some other stories that are getting some wonderful reviews too, and it all depends on which story is more popular. I swear to you all that I will finish these stories. I promise!!! So just give me patience and you'll get your story! ^_~