InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Santa ❯ Secret Santa ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Snow was falling slowly from the cloud-darkened sky. The air was clear and crisp in the early morning sunlight. Inuyasha sat just outside the living room window of the Higurashi shrine. He watched Kagome threw the frost-covered glass as her and her family sat before the Christmas tree and got ready to open the presents. Mrs. Higurashi was sitting on the sofa next to Kagome while Sota and Kagome's Grandfather passed out the gifts. Inuyasha desperately wanted to go inside and join them. He wanted to sit on the big comfy sofa with Kagome, and drink hot chocolate. He wanted to have one of those brightly wrapped gifts passed to him, and have the pleasure of ripping it open to see what was inside.

Shaking his head he dismissed the silly daydream. He was after all only a worthless half-breed. After watching the presents opened and the discarded wrapping paper picked up Inuyasha made his way to the back door. He lifted his clawed hand and almost knocked but quickly reined back the desire. He looked down to the small plain box in his hand with Kagomes name on a small fabric tag. Before he could change his mind he set the box down by the back door and headed for the well. He sat on the edge and took one last look at the house before jumping in. " Merry Christmas Kagome."

Kagome sat on the couch listening to her little brother play with his new Nerf football. Her Grandpa was in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast and her mom was taking the mess from the presents out to the garbage. Kagome stood up and looked out the window toward the well house. ` I wish you were here Inuyasha.' Kagome thought solemnly.

" Kagome dear." Mrs. Higurashi said as she came into the living room holding a small box out to her daughter. " It's for you someone left it on the back porch." Kagome looked at the box and carefully opened the lid. Inside was a note along with a beautiful necklace. It was a fang painted a deep blue that hung from a thin gold chain. Curious she picked up the note and began to read.

Dear Kagome,

No matter where you are, no matter where you go I will always be there to protect you.

Merry Christmas, Inuyasha

A single tear escaped down her cheek as she gingerly placed the necklace over her head. " Merry Christmas Inuyasha."