InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets Beneath the Surface ❯ All Alone ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Not only am I unable to claim Inuyasha, but I also lack the ownership of said characters. Now, with that said, on with the story!
 
Secrets Beneath the Surface
 
Alone
 
Kagome closed the flip phone with an audible click, the resounding noise ringing loudly through the silence of the room. Kagome sighed as she tossed the phone on the table to her side uncaring if she missed her mark and it landed on the floor instead. This had to end. She shouldn't have carried through with it for so long, but her love for the man caused her to forget herself, and four days, four months became…four years.
Kagome flopped onto her back on the bed, her plethora of sleepless nights taking its toll on her. For weeks now it had gotten to the point that she got physically sick if she dwelled on it for too long. She rolled on her side and allowed a desperate tear to run down her cheek, what was she to do?
Well, there were way too few options in her case. It was a lose-lose situation for her anyway she looked at it. She could tell of Kagura's secret; expose the lying bitch for what she was, but Rin needed her. The child seemed to idolize the ground that woman walked on…how was she to tear that away? She couldn't. Besides, no matter how much Sesshou loved her it was hard to believe something so farfetched could be the truth.
No, nothing would work; Kagome had known, for some time now, that this day would eventually come, and to think she would get away with sleeping with a married man without the repercussions was a laugh. Kami must be frowning down on her this night. She deserved the pain and the agony that were the consequences of her promiscuous actions.
Her eyes, still tightly sealed, delved into the past. They had, as they had promised one another, sought other lovers and had stayed friends. It was even before the mark of a year since their mutual separation that Sesshoumaru had proposed to that wretched Kagura, who, being the livid and jealous bitch she was, knowing the relationship the two had shared was an intimate one, chose to rub the engagement into the onna's face and made her the maid of honor. Kagura's insistence along with that of Sesshoumaru's brought Kagome to her knees and she complied. It had taken the whole of her will and a beating to her heart to watch as the wedding commenced, and she apologized to the wind as she left the ceremony as soon as Sesshoumaru was too overwhelmed by guests to notice her departure.
It was less than a month after their marriage that Kagome found solace in Sesshoumaru's half brother, Inuyasha. Finally, Kagome received the illusion that maybe she had found her happy ending. That was, until she found Inuyasha sleeping with her cousin, Kikyo. “Feh. I was getting nothin' from you! Kikyo was more than willing to show me how much she loved me.” Oh, yes. Those were the last words Inuyasha spoke to her, while still in the arm of her cousin.
Yes, it was true. She lost her virginity to Sesshoumaru, and as much as she hated to admit it, she had no wish to give herself so freely to anyone other than him. She felt that would make her a whore. Her body was sacred, and even though she had slept with a man out of wedlock, that one man was an exception. With that one man…it felt right. Sure, she loved Inuyasha, but not wholeheartedly as she did his brother. Maybe that was why his sudden betrayal didn't break her as Sesshoumaru's marriage did.
Kagome chose to go on with her life with fear that if she slowed down for an instant or even dared to stop, she might never get the momentum to start back up a again, but she continued on with the prickling feeling that something was missing in her life...and that something was him.
So, when he asked to meet her at a restaurant as a friend to catch up on all that they had missed in the past year, she jumped at the occasion. Dressed in a simple mid-length black dress, her hair up in a high ponytail, and high heels clicking perkily on the pavement, she made her way into the prestigious Italian restaurant, and took her seat across from Sesshoumaru. Amber colored orbs bored into her own warm brown ones and her breath hitched in her throat. He hadn't changed a bit, and if he had, it was only because of the fact that he was more handsome than the last time they had met.
They talked over the course of the dinner; the conversation springing from jobs, free time, old times, and eventually…family. Kagome's throat had constricted, making it hard for it to breathe as Sesshoumaru's thoughts of Rin came forth. It was easy to see how prideful the man was of his child, now the tender age of two. Kagome placed the napkin upon the table and cleared her throat, unable to listen to the wonders of his child for one more instant. Fighting for the calm she knew was just out of reach; she grabbed for her purse and excused herself, unwilling to even look the man in the eyes as she sauntered out of the bustling restaurant, tears rimming the corner of her perfectly make-uped eyes.
With a motion of her hand, she signaled a cab, oblivious of the fact that Sesshoumaru was close behind her until he grasped her arm and hauled her away from the cab. “Come with me. I have a limo waiting; I will take you home. Besides, we have much to talk about.” Kagome watched in shock as Sesshoumaru led her to his limo, too surprised to dissuade his motion for her to climb in.
Kagome remembered little of what was said that night because few words were spoken between the two in the limo. Passion sparked and it seemed the two continued from where they left off...over two years ago. There was no doubt, the passion was still there, if anything, more so than before.
That night occurred over four years ago, and now, alone in her bed, sleep deprived and more than a little afraid, Kagome sobbed. She was alone in the world…she was alone, and she was…pregnant
 
Author's Note: OOhhhh, cliffhanger!!! I have big plans for this story. This is not your typical cheating story here…I hope this brings a little insight into Sesshou's and Kagome's relationship. This chapter is dedicated to Moocow. C[= for being my first reviewer! Yay! Thanks to all of you that took the time to review! Yay!…11 reviews isn't so bad for a first chapter, and they make me feel so loved that I just have to update sooner! Thanks to all of you! I hope you liked this chapter even if it is shorter than the last one!