InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Past ❯ Talk and Spells ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 11: Talk and Spells
        
   ;       Murasaki gathered up her things as she watched Inuyasha and Kagome sleep. She made a smirk as she walked between the two as the slept.
         She bent down and placed her index fingers on Kagome and Inuyasha foreheads making sure they both stayed asleep. Likewise she made sure Shippo was also deep in sleep.
         Murasaki was glad that Sesshomaru had summoned his two headed horse and sent Rin and Jaken ahead. She felt leery at her mate and son waiting outside while she did what she needed to do, but she had no choice.
         First, Murasaki licked Kagome's neck. She made a slight nibble then touched the mark with her staff, causing the mark to completely disappear.
         She did the same with Inuyasha's neck.
         "I Know Sesshomaru will be angry if he knew what I was doing, but he will understand as soon as our pups come."
        
She touched Saiminjutsu to the handle of Tetsusaiga . She smiled as Saiminjutsu took on a pale blue glow. With the head of the staff, Murasaki touched Kagome's brow.
         Saiminjutsu glowed brighter, making it look more like it was made from a sapphire than one of Inutaitio's fangs.
         "Good, now they are properly betrothed. Neither heart will stray from the other. No matter the obstacle."
        
Murasaki stared at Saiminjutsu for several moments. Even though her spell was complete, the staff still looked like a jewel. The light had dimmed from it, but the luster had not.
         "This was not supposed to happen. Did I do something wrong with my spell?"
        
Within Murasaki's own mind, a voice spoke. "Ah, daughter, you have finally found the power of your Saiminjutsu."
         "Father?" Murasaki whispered aloud. "But I believed that the staff was made from Inutaitio's fang."
         "It was made of two fangs, wound together. One from Inutaitio, one from Inuteitoku. We wanted to help guide you. When the power of Saiminjutsu is used, it becomes as a jewel. Do not be afraid. We are always with you."
        
As the staff transformed back to its former state, Murasaki realized that the voice in the staff was not just of her father, but of her great uncle as well.
         Murasaki reached her finger over to rouse Kagome. There was one more thing left to say before she left with Sesshomaru and Nintashiro.
         "Um, huh? What is the matter, Murasaki?"
         "Nothing. I am leaving with my son and my mate in a few moments for the summer palace."
         "Leaving?"
         "I have ordered Tomoaki to stay here until you and Inuyasha are away and safe. The shrine tree is being courted by a lady bisan. I must let him have her. It is the least I can do to repay his kindness."
         "Oh, I see."
         "One other thing, and listen very carefully. No matter how it may upset Inuyasha, you and he must come to the Summer Palace in six months, just before I give birth. It is very important."
         "Why?"
         "The gift I gave to Sesshomaru had a price. If you are both not there for the birth of my pups, there may be consequences."
         Kagome sat straight up. "What kind of consequences? Oh my god, you didn't did you?"
         Murasaki took a deep breath and hung her head.
         Kagome blinked a couple of times. "You did. You love him so much that you are sacrificing your own life? All for just his arm?"
         "My life has no meaning without him. That is why when my brother, Mikageishi found me here many years ago, I refused to leave. In order to retrieve the arm, I promised the spirit of Inutaitio that I would help heal the rift between those two. If I can not resolve some of their differences once my pups are born, my life is forfeit."
         "Why? Why did you have to go to such drastic measures?"
         "It was the only way I could get the arm from Inuyasha's keeping."
         "You are a fool, Murasaki."
         "I have been a fool far too long to change my ways. Once at the Summer Palace, I will send for my brother. Mikageishi looked after Inuyasha, from a distance, for many years. He will not let those two hot heads kill each other. I wholeheartedly believe that Sesshomaru loves his brother deeply. He just can not give up the hurt and horror surrounding his beloved mother's death. Sesshomaru never forgave his father for reaching Teisetsu Palace too late to save his mother or my family. Sesshomaru adored his mother beyond measure. He resented his father more for sending me away for twenty years to perfect my magic. Then he believed that Inuyasha replaced him in his father's heart. And, I must admit, Sesshomaru has a bad habit of holding a grudge longer than it needs to be held."
         "I will do what I can to be there."
         "Thank You, Kagome."


         "What took you so long, my mate?"
         "I had some spells to perform to protect the bisan tree. They archaic and time consuming."
         "I would have guessed your skill would have made such spells easier to perform."
         "My Lord, I may have spent twenty years in a monastery perfecting my skills and nearly sixty years here, but some spells still take time to perform properly."
         "I see you have spent too much time here. You need to remember your manners when speaking to your husband."
         "I apologies, My Lord."
         "Hmm. Let us go. Do you remember the transportation spell?"
         "Of course."
         "Nintashiro, do you know the spell?"
         "Yes father."
         "Then follow me. We go to the Summer Place."
         "Does the palace have a name, Father?"
         "Yes. I call it, Shibasho Palace"
         "A fitting name, father."
         Sparkling clouds formed around Sesshomaru, Nintashiro and Murasaki's feet.
         Sesshomaru flew first with Nintashiro and Murasaki close behind.
         "Mother, have you ever been to Shibasho Palace?"
         "Not since I was a child. I suspect your father has made many improvements. Otherwise he would not have renamed it."
         "What was it called before?"
         "Yosai Juyona. It was more of a place to seek refuge during the great demon wars. Now be quiet. It is unseemly for the Prince of the Northern Lands to converse during such a journey."
         "Yes mother."


         Inuyasha shook his head a couple of times before he awoke. He had the strangest, most erotic dream he had ever had. He had to quietly leave the shrine to clean up before Kagome or Shippo discovered his embarrassing situation.
         He made his way to the small pool at the bottom of a small waterfall. Nintashiro had shown him the place days before, but he felt too uneasy about leaving Kagome and Murasaki by themselves.
         Now that Murasaki was gone, and he needed to clean his clothes badly. He felt a bath in the supposed healing waters would not be a bad idea.
         "That dream seemed so real. I could smell her scent, I could feel the warmth of her body. Bakka! I had better stop thinking like that before I make a bigger mess!"
        
He took off his clothes and rinsed them out before he sank into the warm, mineral pool.
         "Ah, now this feels really good. No wonder Murasaki chose this spot to settle down."
         "Squawk! Lord Inuyasha?"
         "Argh!" Inuyasha splashed a couple of times and reached for Tetsusaiga. He looked to see that the intruder was only Tomoaki.
         "Bakka! I could have killed you just now! Don't sneak up on me like that!"
         "I was not aware I was sneaking."
         "Fine, well just leave me to my bath and go guard Kagome will ya?"
         "I will do so, but the Naraku is coming. I saw his hornets as I flew out of my nest."
         "Why didn't you say so!" Inuyasha jumped out of the shallow pool."
         "Um, I will handle the insects for now. It looks like you need to soak a few more minutes, Lord Inuyasha." Tomoaki cocked his head and looked at the state of Inuyasha's manhood.
         "Oh for crying out loud!" Inuyasha sat back down in the pool and waited for Tomoaki to leave before pulling on his wet clothes and heading for the bisan tree.


         Kagome stretched and purred. She had the most wonderful, embarrassing dream.
         She had often dreamed of what it would be like to kiss Inuyasha, but in the dream she just woke from, it went much further.
         Kagome wondered if her face was still red. She could not fathom why she felt so embarrassed and yet, not.
         "Uhh, Kagome, are you alright? Your face is all flushed. Are you running a fever?"
         "No Shippo, I'm fine, really. I just had a very silly dream."
         "What kind of silly dream?"
         "Um, well..."
         "Kagome!" Inuyasha burst into the shrine. At first he was going to ask her to hurry, because Naraku was coming, but as he looked into her eyes, the feverish feeling he had upon waking started invading his thoughts again.
         Kagome's face turned a little more red as she watched Inuyasha straighten his hakima.
         "Um Hum, Kagome. We need to get out of here. Tomoaki saw Naraku, or one of those stupid puppets of his headed this way. I don't doubt he has help."
         "Alright. I am ready. How about you Shippo?"
         "Lets go!"

        
 &n bsp;       "You have betrayed me Tomoaki." The Naraku puppet rose up to the branch where the tengu had his nest.
         "I do as I wish. I betray who I wish. I serve whom I wish. None can control a tengu."
         "What a terrible father you are. You know I hold your chicks in order to keep your... cooperation."
         "My chicks! How dare you speak of my chicks. You promised to spare my mate, you did not. My chicks are dead. Their spirits are with the Blue goddess. She protects their souls with her golden naginata now. You have nothing to wager in this game anymore."
         Tomoaki pulled a dagger and threw it, slicing the puppet in two, shattering the illusion.
         "Coward can not play his own board. He sends his toys to move the pieces. Squawk! He will never win if he does not intend to play. The rules are the rules. Bent, the rules can be, but broken, never. I serve a better one, for now."
         A young man with a long black braid walked into the copse below the tree. He clapped his hands and smiled. "Well done Tomoaki. It has been ages since I have seen you. So right, the game must be played by the player. Care for a game of go before we travel?"
         "Bankotsu! It was said that you were dead!"
         "Was, that is the word. " Bankotsu pulled his huge sword, Banryuu, off of his back and swung it to clear away some brush. "Thanks to the shikon jewel, I am back among the living, mostly."
         "I am so overjoyed! The tricks I played with you and your brothers gave me the most joy, squawk! Best we show that Naraku how to play, our way."
         "So true. He was responsible for our resurrection, but he thought he could control us. He thought wrong."
         Tomoaki squawked loudly and laughed as he flew down to meet his old friend. "No one, demon or god, can control those who trained among the tengu. So does Banryuu thirst for blood? My swords are hidden close by. I wish a bloody game. My days are filled with the boredom of demon intrigues."
         Bankotsu sheathed his sword across his back and gave a hearty laugh. "What did the demon doll have to say about chicks? Don't tell me you settled down while I was gone?"
         "Not exactly. I found a female trickier than me. She raised two nest full before this. In the end, I was the trickier one. She was stuck home until they left the nest, then I was sure she lay more quickly. I taught my older chicks well. Yet, they still do not know all of my tricks."
         Bankotsu laughed even harder. "Never let a female get the best of you! Ha! Now that is the Tomoaki I know. Get your bloodletters and come with me. We have plenty of game to chase."

        
  ;        "The village is on fire!" Kagome yelled as Inuyasha pulled Tetsusaiga.
         Shippo hid in some nearby trees as Inuyasha and Kagome went to aid Sango and Miroku fight off the soldiers that were raiding Tomi Village.
         "Inuyasha! Kagome! Get out of here! This is a diversion. I saw a couple of the Shichinintai run into the forest!" Sango shouted as she cut down a group of mounted bandits chasing some of the stragglers that had failed to follow Miroku to safety.
         Miroku was herding villagers into some caves among the rocks that surrounded the village.
         "Bakka! They are too late! My cousin is away already!"
         Kagome stood back and continued to shoot her arrows at the rogues attacking the village. She was amazed at how much more accurate her arrows had become. More so, she was surprised at how much she enjoyed shooting them. It was more than pure enjoyment. She craved the carnage she was causing.
         Shippo ran to Kagome. "Kagome, what is the matter with you?"
         Kagome simply looked at Shippo and growled. Her eyes had turned blood red and as she smiled small fangs formed on her top and bottom canines.
         "Uh, Oh. Inuyasha! Get over here!"
         Kagome kicked Shippo aside and continued to fire off her arrows. Her bow began to take on a strange blue glow as she kept firing.
         Kagome had run out of regular arrows, but somehow, the bow was producing arrows on its own.
         "Inuyasha!" Shippo shouted again. Seeing Inuyasha ignore his shouts, he called for Miroku. "Help! Something is wrong with Kagome!"
         Miroku looked over and gasped. He ran immediately to Kagome. He stood in front of her to try and get her to stop firing off the arrows.
         Kagome growled and sidestepped Miroku and kept firing. Hideous laughter escaped her lips.
         Miroku watched as the arrows appeared in her bow out of nowhere. "Shippo! Grab her! If she keeps using her life force to create arrows, she will die!"
         Shippo jumped Kagome from behind as Miroku jumped at her from the front.
         Miroku managed to get the bow out of her hands.
         Kagome growled, clawed and bit at Miroku, trying to get her bow back.
         Shippo held fast to Kagome's shoulders. He shouted in her ear and kicked her back as hard as he felt he could without hurting her.
         "What in the hell are you doing to Kagome!" Inuyasha shouted as he finished with the last of the raiders. He sheathed his sword and ran towards the monk.
         Kagome jerked Miroku aside, nearly pulling his arm from its socket. She stared and growled at Inuyasha.
         She reached up and pulled Shippo off of her and tossed the boy aside.
         Sango barely was able to catch Shippo before he slammed into a nearby tree.
         Inuyasha stared at Kagome in stunned silence.
         Kagome ran and threw her arms around Inuyasha. Her teeth sank lightly into his neck before she came to her senses.
         "Kagome. Kagome, what happened to you?" Inuyasha breathed out in bewilderment. "You were acting like a demon."
         "Huh?" Kagome sank to the ground. She was dizzy and felt wildly sick. "I was just firing arrows at the bandits when everything slowed down. "
         Inuyasha set Kagome on the ground and looked her over. She had returned to normal.
         "Kagome. Do you have demon blood?"
         "What kind of a stupid question is that, Inuyasha? Of course I don't have demon blood!"
         "Then how in the hell did you grow red eyes and fangs!"
         "I What?"
         "It is true, Kagome." Miroku rubbed his sore arm. "You took on the aspect of a demon."
         "You were able to create arrows with your life force. I have seen a few demons do that before." Sango added.
         "I don't know what happened. It all seemed like a dream. It stopped as soon as I hugged Inuyasha."
         "You did more than hug." Inuyasha pulled back the hair to show the small bite marks on his neck. "And, I do not like it one bit. It looks and smells too much like a mating mark!"
         Kagome turned red. "A, a mating mark?"
         "If you think this changes anything you are wrong!"
         "Inuyasha, calm down. There has to be some reasonable explanation for this."
         "I don't want a mate right now! We have Naraku, the Shichinintai, and my stupid brother to deal with. I have no need for a wife or pups yet!"
         "Wife! Pups! Whoa! I am way too young to get married!"
         "Then why in the hell did you bite me like that?"
         "Inuyasha, SIT!"
         "Ow!"
         "There has to be a reasonable explanation for all of this. We had better find a place to rest. I am sure the villagers would not mind if we rested in the caves.
         "No way Miroku. We have a long way to go. We still have yet to find Naraku's castle or the Shichinintai's hideout. It is better we get going."
         Sango bent down to Kagome and felt her head. "You don't have a fever, but you are sweating , and you are white as a ghost. Humans, even mikos as powerful as you are, can not be firing off phantom arrows without paying a toll."
         "Phantom arrows?"
         "Yes. Arrows materialized in your bow once your supply ran out."
         "Will you two get off your butts and come on. I want to be far from here when the sun goes down."
         "Inuyasha! Can't you see Kagome can barely keep her head up?"
         "Feh. Alright. Get on my back, Kagome. I will carry you. Miroku. Tell those humans to come out of their caves. "
         "You do not want to help with the repairs to the village?"
         Sango put an arm on Miroku's shoulder. "I have a feeling we will cause more trouble if we stay. The Shichinintai are after us, not a group of poor villagers."
         "I suppose you are right. Lets go."

Notes:
place of poetryJuyona- important forteress.
finally got back to this one! I hope you like the chapter!
review.