InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ See Me ❯ Freak school ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

See Me
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. The other main character I do own as she Is my own creation. On with the story!
 
Chapter One, Depression.
 
_____Inuyasha's POV_____
 
The tentacle plunges into her body. Again, and again. Her screams ring in my ears over and over, never ceasing. The nightmare replays over in my head. Must Wake Up.
Miroku clasps Sango to him protecting her from the sightless eyes of her brother. Then the light comes, it always comes.
Kagome's spirit drags Naraku down with her. Kikyo receives him with open arms. Traitor!! Kagome… Kagome…… KAGOME!!!!!
 
I hurtle out of sleep, sweat coats my body my hair sticks to my chest as I attempt to calm down.
First I lose Kikyo then I let Naraku poison and maim Kagome. Pathetic, useless, weak, worthless and a coward. That's what I am. I can't even protect myself from a simple nightmare.
`Kagome…. You left me… You promised you wouldn't leave me..'
“ NOOOOOO”
 
*** Next morning***
 
`Boring. Why couldn't Sesshomaru come look round this freak school? Eww they have bad habits. These weird kids freak me out. Special needs what's so “special” about them. They just seem like a load of retards. Boring. '
 
“Mr Taisho?”
“Oh sorry, what were you saying?”
“Well do you think you could help fund the school for their animals and social studies block?”
`This teacher bugs me. Why won't she back off. Stop fluttering your eyelashes, God how I hate mortals.. Woah!!! I've spent too much time with Sesshomaru.'
“Umm. I'll have to speak to my superior. But I believe that as it is for a special cause Mr Taisho will consider your proposal.”
“Thank you for your time Mr Taisho. We have one more class to visit.”
 
Singing floats down the corridor. A soprano voice supported by more naïve and childlike voices. The song is a simple harmony woven round a melody that evades your attempts to capture the words.
 
“ Well done class. Pack your belongings now and we can sing your favourite song, Hakuna Matata.”
 
***In the classroom***
 
`Uh oh someone's coming. No more talking now. Just sign language and singing. God how I wish I had the courage to say something and that I wouldn't end up unconscious for trying to speak.'
 
“Hakuna Matata what a wondful phrase.” Now the kids sing.
“Hakuna Matata ain't no passion phase.”
 
The door swings open.
`In the threshold stands the most handsome man I have ever seen. White hair, amber eyes and cute little dog-ears.'
 
“Mr Taisho this is our choir and singing department. The teacher is Draca and these are some of the better children, they have less problems fitting into the world in later life.”
“Thank you. What are you singing?” Mr Taisho has a baritone/alto voice.
I signed for Hakuna Matata.
“Did she not hear me?”
“She doesn't talk Mr Taisho. She sits in her wheel chair and signs everything to the class.”
“Really then how come she sings and was talking to the class as we came down the corridor?”
“ She only sings, so I assure you Mr Taisho it was not her talking but rather one of the children doing it on her behalf.”
“………..”
 
`Somehow I don't think he believes her. And why won't he stop staring at me. It's not my fault that I can't talk with other adults. It's that stupid curse that jerk gave to me.'
 
The bell rings.
`Relief floods me. I wheel out the back door onto the ramp and make my way out of school grounds. The same routine every day.'
 
“She's very independent isn't she?”
“Yes Mr Taisho.”
“Why is she in a wheelchair?”
“She was involved in a shootout when she was fifteen and a car went into her and she was crushed under a wall. It took them over four hours to find her. Her legs were mangled and she was in a coma for 6 months. They believe Draca was so traumatised that she won't speak.”
“ I see.”
 
***Inuyasha's POV***
 
`Wow she's pretty cool for a freak. I want to know more about that chick.'
 
I walk towards my car. I just want to go to my apartment, curl up and eat ramen.
Then I will call Sesshomaru.
Just then a noise like a scream reaches my ears. I jump in my car and head towards the source of the noise.
Rounding then corner the source of the ringing is apparent.
It's her and…….. Koga!!!