InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Through New Eyes ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter: 7
 
After a brief explanation to the group and an introduction from Kagome, it was decided that Togashi was now a member of the Inutachi. Inuyasha, though, had other plans.
 
“Oh, hell no! There is no way I'm letting that youkai join us! No way!”
 
Everyone ignored him. It only fueled his fire, “Hey! Did you hear me? I don't care what you say! I said-” He was cut off by a low threatening growl.
 
Kagome was in front of him before he could blink. Her eyes were narrowed dangerously. “You forget your place, Hanyou” Her voice was deep and threatening.
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened. Never had she ever called him a hanyou. She never reacted this harshly either. He subconsciously took a step back.
 
Kagome could hear her friends' gasps from behind her. Togashi did nothing. He knew what she was doing. She was asserting her authority over him as Alpha. Inuyasha, as much as he could tell, was beta, but the half demon seemed to think he was Alpha. Position in a pack was something no one messed with. He would just have to learn.
 
Inuyasha had backed up into a tree. He tried his hardest not to shake, but Kagome could see fear in his eyes. She smirked inwardly, good, he should be scared. On the outside her face was a stone.
 
“I am your Alpha. Submit.” She raised her hand, now glowing with electricity. If he didn't submit to her, they both knew what would happen.
 
Without a second thought, Inuyasha tilted his head back, showing his neck. It was the perfect submission pose. Kagome smiled. The sparks around her hand disappeared. She patted his shoulder gently, ignoring how he stiffened. She stepped back to allow him room.
 
Her voice was cheery again. No threat anywhere in sight, “Now, what were you saying?”
 
“Nnnothing, hhe could stay…if he wants…” His stuttering voice was so low Kagome barely caught it. She grinned again. She turned on her heel and sat down again, facing her friends. They looked at her nervously.
 
Kagome sighed. Of course this would be awkward. So she explained, “Look, that's just how inu are. We demand obedience of those in our pack. You should know that, Sango”
 
The taijia in question shifted. “I do, Kagome. It's just… I never expected you to act like that. This whole thing is still new, we'll get used to it,” Sango reassured.
 
Although they were still weary, they relaxed a bit. There was a rustling in the tree above, and they all knew Inuyasha was sulking in his embarrassment. As they continued to talk, a lone figure stood a ways away, unnoticed by all but the inu youkai miko.
 
Said miko stood up. “I'll be back in a minute,” she said seeing their confusion.
 
Kagome headed towards the forest, disappearing from sight. She picked up speed, barely visible. Once she reached a river a ways away from her friends, she picked a large conveniently placed rock and sat down, waiting.
 
Kagome didn't have to wait long. Soon she could feel the figure's unusually strong aura coming closer. As the figure revealed himself, Kagome stood up. She bowed.
 
“Hello, Sesshoumaru-sama.”
 
Said demon walked closer. “Miko, why are you different?” His unwavering gaze locked with hers, daring her to lie. Kagome was unfazed.
 
“I just discovered that I have been a youkai my whole life, but was under a spell to make me think I was human. I am actually an inu youkai miko, Sesshoumaru-sama.” She bowed again. What would be the point in lying to him?
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow. Interesting. “Indeed,” he droned. Without another word, he turned and left. He had been patrolling when he suddenly felt a large burst of power coming from his half-brother's forest. He had to investigate, lest it be another demon like Naraku. As he reached the source, he discovered it was his half-brother's wench. He saw the scene as she made the hanyou submit to her. To say the least, he was quite amused.
 
Kagome huffed. Arrogant inu! How dare he practically stalk her, make her talk, then just leave! Sometimes it was really annoying being an inu youkai. Inu know that you have to show respect to those of higher status if you wish to see another day. Sesshoumaru is no exception.
 
Looking at the river, Kagome decided to catch some fish for the Inutachi's dinner. For some reason, she knew she shouldn't tell her pack about her run-in with the taiyoukai. It would only end with them being worried and her being frustrated. Lifting her clawed hand, she brought it down swiftly on the unsuspecting river.