InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Seimei no Kakera: Shards of Life ❯ Bottle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Apart from merchandise with his logo, I do not own Inu-Yasha.

Author's Note: After finding myself hooked on them, I've decided to start my own little ficlet corner (600 words or less in each installment) for my baby ideas that I don't have time to nurse into full blown plot lines. ^_~ They will have no rhyme or reason or order- some may be AU, others not. I just felt like this would be fun to try. ^_^

Please enjoy!

-


"BOTTLE"

-


It was a well known fact among the Inu-tachi that Kagome's big yellow backpack was strictly forbidden. Except for when asked, no one was allowed to touch a single button on that bag. Which meant, quite naturally, that the boys always found the need to sort through Kagome's things when she wasn't around to guard her treasures.

"She brought more Ramen!" Shippo cried happily, snuffling through the first big pouch on the left. "And chocolate too!"

"Joy," Inu-Yasha scoffed, though the dry effect that he had been going for was a bit hard to achieve with the drool in his mouth.

"Only books on this side," Miroku sighed, poking at the right pocket with a look of bitter disappointment. "No fun. . ."

"We could try the big one," the kitsune suggested, poking his head out of the folds of cloth with a mischievous smile.

The two others exchanged glances. The big one. . . ? They'd never gone in the big one before- - -! Then again. . . the girls said they'd be gone for a long time. . .

"Well. . . all right," the monk agreed, stroking an imaginary chin as he squatted next to the insanely large pack. "Let's try the big pocket!"

"Keh!" Inu snapped. "If we get caught, it's not my fault!"

"Yeah, whatever," Shippo waved it off before unsnapping the main compartment- all three cautiously peering over the rim of stitching as the flap was thrown back. Inside- - -

Was Kagome's clothes. Blouses, skirts, socks, panties, bras- - - ! The hanyou smacked Miroku before he'd even gotten a hand inside. "Don't even THINK it."

"Aw, man," the fox pouted. "Doesn't look like there's anything good in here. . ."

"Don't speak so soon!" Miroku chuckled, pointing a finger towards a small bottle hidden partially inside a knee sock. "I do believe I've made a discovery!"

"Oo! What is it?" Shippo bounced up and down, the excitement too much for him as the monk reached into the bag with a flourish, grinning smugly at the peeved half demon. He who finds gets to touch- that was the rules. Damn.

"Just a second, Shippo, just a- - - ooo, wait, that wasn't it. . . ?" The monk smacked his lips appreciatively as the hanyou's face reddened and his eyes began to twitch. "Now, let's see. . . !" Pulling out the canister and giving it a shake, Miroku's grin widened. "What is it? Something innocent, perhaps- vitamins? Or those pills Kagome-sama was telling me about - - - ?" He waggled his eyebrows at Inu, only to receive a large lump on the head.

"NOT FUNNY."


"All right, no more jokes, I promise. Let's see- Prescription for Higurashi, Kagome- take with water once a day to pr- - - Mph!" The monk's eyes widened in complete surprise as he clamped a hand over his mouth, trying to keep from snickering. "Prevent your- - - ha- haha- HAHAHAHAHA!"

Inu-Yasha's ear's perked, anxious bewilderment etched on his face as he and Shippo cocked their heads. "Prevent what?! What is it, Miroku?!"

But the holy man was too busy rolling on the floor with laughter to answer. So busy, that he didn't even realize that the girls were walking back towards camp- calling out in confusion to make sure that their comrades were okay. (After all, they had just had a bath with no peeping toms. That wasn't normal.)

"Inu-Yasha? Miroku? Shi- - - !" Kagome froze when she found them, her eyes growing wide and a heated flush taking over her cheeks as Sango walked up behind her.

"What's going o- - - Say," the exterminator tilted her face, pointing towards the bottle in her fiancée's hands. "Isn't that your dog allergy medicine, Kagome?"

- -

(Note: I've decided that I am changing the number count to 600, starting this chapter. Why? Because, as I said before, there's only so much I can delete and still like the ficlet. 500 seems to be pushing it. ^_^; Hope no one minds.)