InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senior Prom and True Love ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Senior Prom and True Love
 
Chapter Seven
 
By ~Alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do now own Inuyasha or characters.
 
“Hello my son,” Kagome greeted Shippo hugging him tight to her body. If she could have seen his face she would have laughed at the expression that he was currently making. His mouth was hanging wide open and his eyes didn't seem to be attached to his eye sockets.
 
He was in stunned into momentary silence and then what she had called him sunk in. “CAN I CALL YOU MAMA NOW?” he all but screamed at her. Her smile widened and nodded her head. Seeing this he broke away from the hug and zipped around in circles around her legs shouting over and over how he now had a new mommy.
 
Kagome watched the little fluff ball and was glad that she had actually made a good decision. She had been thinking lately about adopting him and now that the end of her high school career was fast approaching she knew that it had been right. So caught up in watching Shippo running around she startled when a hand settled on her shoulder.
 
She turned to the smiling faces of Sango and Miroku. They had heard the last part of the son and mother's conversation and couldn't be happier. Kagome gave them so much and it was so good to see a smile on her face again especially with what happened between her and Inuyasha.
 
“Hello Kagome,” Miroku greeted. “You have decided to make Shippo your son officially I see. Let me be the first to congratulate you.” he said slowly moving his hand down to a place where it shouldn't have been. Kagome still somewhat surprised didn't react quickly enough and felt the all too familiar rub on her bottom.
 
Anger boiled within her, and actually liking the feeling, she punched him straight in the jaw sending him flying back three feet. She stood there in shock along with everyone else. The forest had also seemed to be holding it's breath as if it had sensed the disturbance in the usual peaceful and loving miko.
 
Shaking out of her stupor she went over to the still in shock monk and grabbed the front of his robes. Snarling into his face she made sure he was looking into her face before continuing. “You listen here Miroku; I am sick and tired of you groping me! You stop it here and right now otherwise I WILL make sure that you lose something very valuable to you. Understand monk!?”
 
The only thing Miroku seemed capable of doing was to shake his head in agreement. He definitely did not want to lose those. Kagome looked into his eyes seeing if he was telling the truth and not seeing anything but honesty she let go of him and backed off, a little shaken up over what had just occurred. She had never acted like this before but she wasn't complaining. Whatever was happening to her seemed to be working. Now if only she could keep it up to face Inuyasha and his dirty rotten slut.
 
Gathering Shippo in her arms she took a look back into the stunned face of Miroku and the smiling face of a pleased Sango. Their eyes connected and an understanding passed between them. With a small smile adorning Kagome's face she walked towards the village all the while listening to her now new son tattle on about his day and all the things that had happened since she had left.
 
Sango turned her gaze to the fallen houshi-sama and her smile widened. She had been worried about her little sister but knew that everything would be alright. She was well on the way of recovering and finally becoming the woman she was supposed to be.