InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senior Prom and True Love ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Senior Prom and True Love
 
Chapter Eight
 
By ~Alilangel
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or characters.
 
A/n I decided to update and even though it's a little longer it's not as long as I would like but I have to work early tomorrow. Also I would like to say that I do not mind flames but if you can't flame me in at least a polite way then don't bother reviewing or reading my story. I had an anonymous person as they were not signed in review this story saying to me “Go f*** a monkey.” I really do not mind flames but if you can't do it nicely then forget about reading my stories, as no one is forcing you to read them. That's all I have to say so ja ne and enjoy the chapter! ~Alilangel
 
Two days had passed uneventfully for the group of five that was sitting around in Kaede's hut. They have been enjoying the rest and relaxation and not worrying over the jewel shards at all. It was such a nice change.
 
Kiara was slightly dozing watching over the newest addition to the Higurashi household while he colored, making sure that he would not get into any trouble. Sango was sitting in the corner polishing her Hikarotsu while keeping an eye on the now unconscious monk. He had decided to tempt the fates and rub the bottom that he so loved on the beloved tajiya a little too much so ended up once being hit by the big boomerang.
 
Kagome was actually the one that was the calmest in the entire group. She knew that they were tense about the upcoming situation between her, Inuyasha, and Kikyou. She was ready to deal with him and actually couldn't help a grin come to face at his surprised shock.
 
She would admit it she had changed but when you were betrayed by your love, things will happen. At this thought a flood of memories came flooding back and flashed in front of her eyes. As she sat watching them she couldn't stop the tears from flooding down her face. Now she definitely knew how her mother had felt.
 
“Kokoro!” a voice called out echoing throughout the normally quiet shrine. A young Kagome of about eight perked up when she heard the voice. He had finally come back! She stood up as quickly as her little body would allow and began to run towards the Goshibinku, as fast as her little legs would carry her.
 
The sight that greeted her caused her to stop in her tracks and gasp in shock. Her mother was on the ground crying and her father was just standing near her with a pained look on his face. She then noticed the bags a few feet away from him. Where was daddy going? Maybe he had another business trip.
 
Her father turned and caught a look at his little girl. He gave her a sad smile with tears filling his eyes and then turned and picked up his luggage and walked away without a glance back. She had never heard from him again.
 
She had later found out from her mother that her father had found somebody else and was asking for a divorce. She had never forgiven him as she had had to deal with a three year old brother and a depressed mother who had the strength to do nothing at all. Kagome had had to grow up that day, the first rule she had found out was to never fully open yourself to a person and that is just what she had done with Inuyasha. If you allowed someone to see the real you, all you received was hurt.
 
Kagome shook herself from her thoughts and glanced around the hut to see if she had missed anything or if anyone had noticed her deep in thought. Everyone was just as she had left them. She sighed in relief she really didn't need someone to notice that something was on her mind, it would just bring questions that she did not feel like answering or have the answers to.
 
She suddenly stood up wanting to take a walk. She had all of a sudden felt claustrophobic in the tiny hut and needed air. Mumbling an excuse she scrambled out of the hut. She headed down a path that she had discovered one day after a fight with Inuyasha and almost instantly calmed down. Nature relaxed her almost instantly with all the peace and tranquility that usually surrounded Inuyasha's Forest, just as long as no youkai came along.
 
As she continued on her way she spotted a small daisy. She knelt to pick it up and lifted it to her nose letting its scent drift over her. She stood up and turned around all of a sudden running into a strong, well muscled chest. She slowly moved her gaze up and up until seeing violet stripes on cheeks the crescent moon and then finally meeting the hardened gaze of Sesshomaru.
 
Her heart suddenly beating faster and her breathing became erratic as she stared into the youkai lords eyes. What was wrong with her? He hated her and yet she was acting like a school girl! Finally getting a hold of her emotions she was going to berate him for sneaking up on her when he managed to surprise her.
 
“He is coming, girl. Prepare yourself.” He allowed his gaze to roam over her which caused her to blush a tomato red before disappearing into the thick forest.
 
She watched him leave watching the swaying of his hair hypnotize her before the full meaning of what he said sunk in. Inuyasha was on his way back! She turned to run as quickly as possible back to the hut before he arrived but a voice stopped her.
 
“Kagome.”
 
She stopped instantly with eyes widening in surprise, and try as she might she couldn't stop the thundering of her heart in her ears. She turned around slowly almost scared to see that it was true. She turned around and met the face of Inuyasha and the bitch clinging to his arm.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
A figure settled into the top of a nearby tree waiting to see the outcome of this new twist of events.