InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Senior Prom and True Love ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to update but my computer stopped working and I just got a new one today so I apologize. Well I have finally come up with a schedule for this story and it will be updated every Tuesday, if not sooner. So anyways onto the chapter! P.S. Thank you to all my reviewers and please keep it up as I enjoy reading them. Also if you would like me to e-mail you when this story is updated please e-mail me and tell me.
 
Senior Prom and True Love
Chapter Nine
By ~Alilangel
 
“Kagome.”
 
She stopped instantly with eyes widening in surprise, and try as she might she couldn't stop the thundering of her heart in her ears. She turned around slowly, scared to see that it was true, and met the face of Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha.”
 
“What are you doing here Kagome? Shouldn't you be at home, where you belong?” he asked wrapping his arm around Kikyo and hugging her close.
 
Kagome took all this in and slowly nodded her head. “Your right Inuyasha I should be home and I am. Sango, Miroku, Kaede, Kiara, and my son are my family.”
 
Inuyasha just looked at her slowly weighing her words. Why had she not mentioned him? Didn't she care for him at all in the least? He couldn't show it but was slowly breaking his heart how he had to treat her and how she was ignoring him. No, it had to be this way it was the only way he knew of.
 
“I'm sure Kagome. How do you know that they just aren't using you to see the shards so that they can defeat Naraku? After all, the only thing you're good for is detecting shards,” he snorted.
 
Kagome let the words sink in and felt sick to her stomach just at the thought of her friends using her. No! She could not let Inuyasha get the best of her. She was a different person now, she was stronger and she was going to prove it!
 
“Well Inuyasha, at least I mean something to them. I can't say the same for you as you never let anyone close and are always chasing after some dead bitch. I have always wondered how you manage to stand the smell of her as I can smell the corpse from over here.”
 
All of a sudden Inuyasha leaped at Kagome and lifted her up by the neck. She clutched at his claws trying to ease the grip. “Kagome you will leave. If you stay I will be forced to kill you. This is your only warning.”
He dropped her to the ground and turned around. He grabbed Kikyo by the hand and walked away from the clearing never looking back, his heart breaking into pieces once more in the process.
 
Kagome felt a sob rise in her chest as she watched Inuyasha walk away with Kikyo. What was she going to do now? He was going to stay and she didn't want to endanger Shippo or herself. It looked like she was going to have to search for the shards on her own. She shakily got to her feet, letting the tears from her face. She was supposed to be stronger yet her she was crying like a baby! She felt disgust at herself for being so weak. If only she could be strong, maybe then someone would want her. She took one last look around the clearing and walked away, away from her past and into her future.
 
Sesshomaru watched her walk away. He leapt down from the tree and headed back towards his ward and servant. He would keep watching her he decided. She was turning out to be a very interesting creature.
 
Kagome walked into the village and headed to Kaede's hut where she had left Sango, Miroku, and Shippo. She stepped inside and was greeted bye smiles from everyone. They saw the look on her face and the smiles slowly disappeared. Miroku was the first to speak
 
“Kagome, what is wrong? Has Inuyasha done something?”
 
Kagome turned her gaze to him and nodded her head. “Shippo and I have to leave. You don't need to know the reason behind it. I will be seeing you guys. Come on Shippo, lets go,” she said walking out the door.
 
Shippo met everyone's stunned looks and gave them one of his own. He really had no idea why he and mama had to leave but he would always follow her. With a small wave of his own he ran out the door and into his mom's arms, hugging her close.
 
Midoriko watched the exchange between Inuyasha and Kagome. He had done well and even though she hated putting him through this, it would be the only way for Kagome to be able to do what was needed in the end. Though that corpse was due to be dead…and there was that one girl that would be perfect for him. Yes he definitely needed some happiness in his life. She would start planning that right away.