InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ This Year I'm Thankful For... ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
I'm ungrounded YAY! Sry I haven't written in a while but I'm gonna try and make this chapie as long as I can.
 
CHAPTER 11: This Year I'm Thankful For…
 
Two days before Thanksgiving this year you could see the little paper turkeys adorning the windows and those little scribbled in pictures of some turkey with a pioneer hat hanging in grocery stores. Grandparents and parents started buying the things they needed to make a nice dinner for their family before the stores ran out. Schools passed out papers telling the little kids in pre-K and the older ones to write what they were thankful for this year.
“A very simple essay,” The teacher in gray explained, “ you little snot nosed brats write down on these papers how happy and thankful you are to have Mr. Gudachi as the principle. Your fine educators also.” The paper landed on Kagome's desk and it said simply on the top in innocent black ink letters…. “ This year I am thankful for…” And normally she could have put many many things down, but now…
With Naraku sitting next to her writing lazily about how thankful he was about Mr. Gudachi and other things. Inuyasha also sat next to her. But he felt further away than her dead father. Neither looked at the other both knowing that they couldn't. Kikyo's red-clawed hand rested on his knee as she let her pen just make scribbles on her paper. Naraku's lust filled eyes kept drifting to her. Her loose pants and shirt.
In his eyes also dwelled anger at the wardrobe she had. She had purposely put on the clothing knowing it left a whole lot to the imagination. Her hair was let down her face covering her eyes as she tried to think about what she could write about.
She knew she couldn't put down how thankful she was about her principle for the simple reason that she wasn't. Nor the teachers who were no better than he was. The man she had fallen in love with was not even permitted to talk to her and it seemed that not only was her life out of her control, but that she was being forced to live it with people who hated her.
And the cloud that covered her was huge that it didn't seem possible that there was a silver lining. As the rain kept pounding down on her she was starting to give up hope. That she would ever be happy or clean again.
Kagome shivered at the memory of that man. The man who had raped her. She still felt his clammy hands on her and the nasty taste of him still lingered in her mouth. The truth of it was, is that she was scared. Alone in her see of misery.
“Get to work Higurashi!” the teacher ordered after Kagome had remained still for a minute. She snapped to attention and brought her pen up. But the lie of her thankfulness would not come. She couldn't write it.
Naraku stared at her smiling as if he knew her thoughts, her misery and was laughing t her for it.
Kagome took a deep breath and knew this assignment she would fail. She closed her eyes letting all the things she was thankful for come to her. In the sweet silent darkness of her mind the bad things could be wiped away like grime and she saw what she was thankful for.
Her eyes opened, watery but not tears just yet. Her pen lifted again to the first line and she wrote. She let the smooth curves of the cursive keep her attention. She let her mind drift knowing that each and everyone of her teachers would assign a similar assignment.
When the bell rang she jumped and looked up.
“These are due Tomorrow.” The teacher ordered.
They filled out slowly each head down. Inuyasha didn't even pretend to not notice her. He just didn't.
English was another essay and each class following that had one. All said they thank Mr. Gudachi. All say they thank the teachers. On all of them she copied what she had put on the first one.
At the end of the day she left the school and started the walk home. Not even halfway down large raindrops fell. She looked up as she felt one hit her cheek making the tear she dared not release. As she stared it began to rain hard and she was soaked in less than a minute.
She glanced behind as a very nice and expensive red car drove past her. Inuyasha and Kikyo dominated the front seat.
He didn't even look at her.
She passed stores and one in particular caught her attention. A music store.
Hey, hey you, you
I don't like your girlfriend
No way, no way
I think you need a new one.
Avril Lavigne's voice poured out of the speakers.
Hey, hey you, you
I can be your girlfriend
Kagome stopped and listened as the voice rolled over her. (and yes I am obsessed with this song rite now. Actually I'm listening to it) She wished he could be Inuyasha's girlfriend.
You will, once we get rid of Kikyo.
She consoled herself. When the song ended she kept on. She knew she didn't like Inuyasha's girlfriend and also that he liked her.
The long walk home had her shivering and soaked when she finally opened her door.
“Baby girl there you are.” Her mom said coming to her with a towel. “Hi mom.” She said her teeth shivering.
Mrs. Higurashi rubbed her daughters arms lovingly. “Go take a nice warm bath okay sweety.”
Kagome nodded. Mrs. Higurashi kissed her forehead before walking into the kitchen.
Instead of a bath she took a shower. The warm water poured over her skin driving out the cold and relaxing her shoulders.
She stepped into her robe and went to her room. She walked to her desk meaning to write in her diary. But she looked around and remembered, oh man Inuyasha has my diary still.
She slumped into her chair looking at the wood of her desk. She needed something to take her mind of everything.
She slipped into jeans shirt and walked downstairs.
Her mom was in the kitchen cooking dinner when she looked in.
“Hey mom, uh…do you need anything…from the store.” She asked hopefully.
Mrs. Higurashi looked up and was about to deny when she saw her daughters face, “Um..actually can you go and get me some cranberry sauce. Here's some money.” She handed her a couple of bucks (or yen whatever) and smiled.
Kagome walked to the door and put on her rain boots and coat. Outside the rain had still not given up. Her boots made splashes in the puddles that had formed. She walked to the store with slow deliberate steps. On the way a restaurants windows were lighted with warm welcome.
She looked into another person's life as a man and women clearly in love. He lifted up a small bouquet of flowers and handed them to her. Her face lifted up with happiness as she took them into her hands and smelled the forget-me-nots.
She tore her eyes away from the happy couple and continued on her walk.
Once inside the falsely lit store she went to the canned food section and grabbed her quarry. She paid for it, grabbed her little plastic bag, and left.
She took an even slower walk home. Halfway home the rain let up and she let her hood down. Her still wet hair fell down her back.
Her gaze went to the sky and saw that the rain clouds had dispirited leaving the sky clear and strewn with stars. She breathed deep the after rain sent. With that in her nose she walked home.
* * * * * *
The next day at school she turned in her essays to each of her teachers and thought about the turkey that was slowly cooking in her oven at home.
Lunch was the only time that anything important happened.
“I'm sick of this. I'm gonna do something.” Sango said eating her turkey. “Sango dearest try to calm down.” Miroku tried to counsel her.
“No!” she said standing up. Every head turned to her. The teachers did as well looking very angry.
“I'm sick of keeping my head down!” she said to her audience. “I am not walking behind the boys anymore. I ain't thankful Mr. Coochi is our principle. And these teachers are full of crap if they think I'm thankful for them.”
She turned to her peers as the teachers strode forward with murder in their eyes. She dodged them and continued, “What I am thankful for is that I'm still here. Standing strong! With my friends!” Every one had locked their attention on her. She strode to the center of the room.
“I am not going to sit here any longer and put up with this. Why are we even trying to put up with this! Girls are not supposed to be one step behind men! We are not supposed to be miserable in school!” By now the teachers had a hold of her and were trying to escort her out.
“Don't let them hold you down guys!” she shouted. Miroku and Kagome were standing looking at her, “Don't let them push you around!”
“Stand strong!” was the last thing she managed before they forced her out.
“Get back to your lunch!” one teacher shouted.
But it was too late, in every ones eyes there was a glimmer of hope. Kagome smiled at Miroku.
She had just found her silver lining.
* * * ** * * *
This year I am thankful for…I am thankful I am alive and healthy. I am thankful my family is there for me and that I have finally found my true love. I will always be there for him. I am thankful that one day we will finally be able to get together. And I cant wait for that day.
 
 
* * * * * * *
 
 
sry for the wait hope u liked it.