InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ A Time of Love and Hope ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DISCLAIMER: I don’t own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.

hmmm Christmas

CHAPTER 12:A The Calm Before the Storm

"What do you mean we can't make them work through the holidays!?" Mr. Gudachi demanded.
"Calm down." one of the bored members said, "If it was up to us they would work through the holidays." said another. "But it's not. Law says they must go home." "No questions!" they corused together.
Mr. Gudachi looked at all of them their faces hidden in the shadows. Mumbling he left the office.
"Stupid spoiled brats. They can do work and come home for Christmas at the same time."
*******
"YES!" "FREEDOM!" "NO SCHOOL FOR A WHOL MONTH!" "NO GUDACHI!" "NO TEACHERS!" "NO WORK!" were what echoed down the halls on the last day of school before winter break.
"Kagome lets go get Sango!" Miroku yelled at her over the whoops and hollers. She nodded happily.
After her little speech Sango was sent to alternitive school. Sango didn't mind. "I can beat people without getting in trouble now." she told them. They smiled knoing it was true.
Alternative was actually a pretty building compared to the dump Gudachi ran. No one called him Mr. anymore because no one felt he deserved it.
On they way Kagome turned to Miroku and asked, "Hey Miro how come Mrs.Shakara and the real principle coming back huh? Its been forever." Miroku looked at her. "Remember the guys who totally thrashed their car?" Kagome nodded. "Well so do they. They refuse to come back to work untill their caught. But don't be mad they don't know whats going on. Gudachi's feeding them fake reports about fake school crap." Kagome nodded understanding.
Then an idea hit her.
"Miro that's it!" "What? We go into hidding too?" Kagome looked at him, "What, no. Why dont we go and tell them whats happening at the school! They will have to come back! Even if they don't believe us they still have to check it out!" Miro nodded catching on. "Yeah that's a great idea. We'll do it right after Christmas. They day after break." Kagome nodded happy about her plan.
"Why are you smiling Kagome?" Sango asked strolling to them wearing the mandatory black pants and white shirt. "Did you by some chance wake up this morning and discover that Kikyo and Naraku have falen into a hot tar pit, Gudachi had a heart attack, I'm leaving this place, and you and Inu have gotten together?"
"Close." Kagome said. "I've thought of a way to fix this." Kagome told Sango about her and Miroku's plan.
"Cool Kags," Sango said, "but why do we wait for after Christmas break?"
"Because," Kagome explained, "If we tell them now Gudachi might have enough time to make the school look nice put up fake posters advertising fake school events and all kinds off stuff. If we wait we can catch him and Kik and Naru in the act." Sango nodded seeing her side.
"Well now that I'm not in alternative I'm going to go home and be busy being grounded." Kagome smiled sypatheticly. "Hey no pity!" Sango said catching it.
"You got it worse than me dove." Sango smiled this time and walked off. "Later Kags." Miroku said truning down the other direction.
Kagome turned her feet strait and started walking.
Street by street passed by. The lights and sounds bluring together. People walked by her not knowing the pain she felt about losing part of her heart.
"Sweety-pie you look sad." Kagome looked up startled.
An old man was leaning against the biuling smoking a cigerette looking at her lovingly. Kagome couldn't help but stare at him.
His body was kind of young no older than ealry 40's but his eyes. They held unknown depths of knowledge and experience. He himself looked sturdy, strong, yet peaceful.
"Who are you?" Kagome asked awed. "Just another tree in the forest." he said. "Baby-doll you look kind of sad." he pointed out getting the conversation off himself. "I am. But it's nothing i can't handle." she wasn't scared of this stranger. To her he didn't even feel like a stranger. She felt like she knew him.
"Yeah I'm sure as steady as an old oak. Darlin we both know your about to disolve in tears." People continued to pass her on the street as if she and the man didn't exist to them.
"Your sad over a boy arn't you." Kagome nodded saying, "Sort of but it's complicated." she expected the same sort of speech she usually got from adults. She didn't know complicated she was too young blah blah blah.
She didn't expect him to nod and say, "I'm sure it is. No problem no matter how small can be comlicated." Kagome found herself staring again. He looked rigth back at her his kind staedy gaze an achor for her. The breeze flew by and her nostrils were filled with a unique scent she knew she had smelt before but just couldn't remember where.
Then man smiled as if he knew what she was thinking. "Can i give you some advise youngin?" Kagome nodded. He puffed on his cigerette and looked up at the sky. She folowed his gaze and heard his voice from behind her. "Trees are very strong. Steady. They hold themselves up and are very hard to beat down. Right now darlin I would call you a daisy. A wilting daisy. And I'm afriad that at the slightest wind you'll blow over. Grow some roots darlin. Be strong and steady. And trust your friends. You'll need them in the days to come, Kagome."
Kagome turned quick about to demand how he knew her name, but he was gone. She looked up and down the streets, he wasn't there. She looked back to where he had been standing. There exactly where his feet had been was a cigerette bud and a single tree leaf.
She bent down and picked it up. She knew the pattern it took.
She walked home staring at the little plant thinking, wondering.
At home granfpa was sweeping while Souta played with Bouyo. Kagome started to them when a breeze drifted by.
Him.
That was his smell.
Kagome stared around but he was nowhere in sight.
Then the breeze picked up and took the leaf from her hand. She watched it drift over to the sacred tree where it settled at the roots.
"'Just another tree in the forest'" Kagome repeated with understanding.
**********
"And we want green vines on the staircase banister with red and silver lights. Did you get that?" A woman with long black hair asked a man.
"Sure thing Mrs. Takahashi," he replied with a wheeze, "We'll have it done by then dont worry. Bye." he said walking out to fill the order.
"Mom I'm home. Hey Stevie how's it?" Inyasha asked passing by the wheezy man. "Hey Inu. It's good. See you when we set up." Inuyasha nodded coming inside.
"Hey mom." he said hugging her. "Inuyasha how was school dear." he shrugged. He hadn't even opened his mouth when his mother repleid, "Lui said the snack was ready 5 minute ago."
Thanks mom." he hugged her and went off to eat.
Halfway there his cell rang. "Hello." he said answering it.
"Inu baby how are you? Well anyway I found the cutest dress for your Christmas party this year honey."
"Kikyo how many times must I tell you. It's a charity. So homeless kids can have toys this year."
"Whatever who cares about them. They can't even aford a home. Their not important enough for my money."
Inuyasha sighed, "Kikyo if you want to go you have to give something. And my mom says that things i buy that you put your name on don't count."
The line was silent. He could practicly feel her seethiong through the phone. "Inuyasha Takahashi don't ever talk to me agian. You don't love me!"
She yelled before hanging up. "Got that right." he said as he sat down at the family table. His house had two tables. The family one where he and his family sat regularly and the baquet table that would be used fro the charity ball tonight.
"That woman can take away my apitite." "Well if zat is so, i vill take my creations back to ze kitchen." Lui said coming in bearing a tray full of food. "I said can Lui. Not did." Lui was an Itialian man and could not get rid of his accent.
Inuyasha tucked in and ate the dilicouse food. "So who is she?" Lui asked. "Who is who Lui?" Inuyasha asked busy consentrating on his food. "Zis girl."
he had Inuyasha's attention now. "Wh..what girl?" Lui smiled trimphantly.
"Young man you can not hide zis from me." he sat next to Inuyasha and looked at him. "You know that me an Kik.."
"Bah." Lui cut him off, "I said ze girl not ze bitch."
Inuyasha smiled "Kagome." Lui smiled wider,
"My boy zis girl is very lucky. But if you like her, why do you go out vith ze ozer one?"
"Complicated." Inuyasha told him. "Ahhh. But if it is love zen you should not let ze orrid dragon lady be yours."
"Not that easy Lu. Kags is wow, i mean, wow. And there is nothing more I would like than to go out with her but things are preventing that."
"My boy, zere is a story about two lovers. Zay lived in two palaces seperated by a thick concrete vall. But vhere zere vindows vere, ze vas a hole or crack in ze vall." Inuyasha paid rapt attention, "Vhen zay found zis crack zey started talking and zey fell in love. So one night zey snuck out to get passed ze brick wall zat seporated zem. Zay told one anozer to meet at a river. Ze girl got zere first so she sat to vait for him. Vile she vaited a lion came apon her. Ze lion vas hungry and pouced. She ran and fell into a red berry bush. the juices soaked her shall. Ze brambles caught it zere and when she got up she left it zere and ran. Ze lion went after her. Zhen ze boy came. He zaw ze tracks ze lion had made and his darling's red shall and assumed her for dead. He decided he could not live vithout her and turned to ze river and drowned himself. Zen ze girl came back and saw her love. She could not live vothout him either and drowned herself. It vas a tragic ending for ze two."
"Wow that sucks Lu." He nodded. "But what does that," "My boy, you and zis young lady must get past the brick vall zat seporats you two. Do not end up like ze poor dead lovers."
Then Lu got up and left Inuyasha to his thoughts.
********
Snow coated the landscape as Christmas Eve dawned bright.
"Pleaze mom just one?" Souta begged as the family ate their breakfast. "No dear, you open all your presents tomarrow and not a moment sooner." Souta huffed at his moms words.
"Oh Souta just calm down the presents are not going to disapear just because you have to wait another day." Kagome said. "Yes-huh." he argued.
"Kagome did u finish all your shopping and wrapping?" her mom asked. "Yep." she answered.
Including a silver and red wrapped one upstairs.
Kagome thought to herself.
Kagome had done just what that man hold told her to do. She had come home and sat down and untagled the knot she had for a life. Then she grew roots and made herself as steady as possible.
And now she felt better. So much so that she could actually smile with her eyes miroring her mouth.
Now Christmas was actually enjoyable. She spent it the way she had every year. They made hot chocolate and a fire and sat and told their favorite stories. They set up the tree and put all of the Souta-proof presents under the tree. They all forced Kagome to sing which she only did at the cost of her mom making cookies.
It was a perfect day.
******
"What a marvolouse party Mrs. Takahashi." some of her higher up friends told her.
Inuyasha was sitting at the table listening to them talk about the most pointless things he had ever heard. He looked to the door longingly.
"Dad," he whispered leaning over to him, "how can you stand listing to them. Their like banshees. Only worse." His father snickered. "This is what we do son. But your not used to it. Why dont you go see that little lady Lui told me about."
Inuyasha grew bright red. "What did he anouce it on the news?" Inuyasha stammered vowing never to tell Lui another thing.
"Go on boy. I wont fault you." Inuyasha nodded and exused himself for the ladies sakes then walked outside.
Once outside he let the nigth air play with his hair.
He opened his eys a thought accouring to him.
Why should Kikyo and them try and keep him from Kagome.
"Kagome here i come." he said to no one.
He jumped the fence and ran on the her house.
Kikyo had stood behind him. She snarled and walked inside getting out her cell phone.
*******
Kagome was finishing her cocoa when the door rang.
"I'll get it." her mom said.
Kagome heard the door open then her moms voice. Then, "Kagome it's for you!" she got up and passed her mom who smiled at her knowingly.
She was confused until she saw why.
"Inuyasha!" she cried running into his arms.
Thank goodness for her roots.
"Kagome." he said gently stroking her hair.
"Why are you here i thought we weren't supposed to see each other for a while." he smiled at her
"I changed my mind. Besides what could happen."
*******
"Make it happen boys."
******
Sango served the chiken dinner. "Enjoy." she said as the someone knocked. "I'll get it I'm up."
She opened the door to see..
"Officer is there a problem?" she asked thinking this was about juvi. "Are you Sango." she nodded.
"You'll have to come with us. You have been convicted for sabotojing Mrs. Shakara's car on Halloween."
"What?" Sango said speechless.
"You had better come with us little girl. Naraku wouldn't be happy if you fought." he whispered.
Sango's eyed widened. Quickly she slammed the door and bolted it. She ran to the kitchen.
"Get in the basement!" she yelled. her family looked worried but did as she bid. The living room carpet lifted up top reveal a place to stay in in case of hurricane or tornado. She let her family in before slamming thaty shut too. The fake policemen baged on the door and her family did the same. She locked it shut.
"Sango whats going on!" they demanded.
"Stay here and keep quiet or they'll find you." she told them before running away.
She looked out her back door that led into an ally. They hadn't got there yet.
She opened the door and ran through the grass in her bare feet. She jumped the fence before turning and running down the long way.
********
Miroku was tucking in with his adopted father Mushin. They were talking about girls when the door bell rang.
"I'll get it." Miroku volenteered.
"Miroku your under arrest..." another cop told the story to him.
Miroku said okay "just let me get my coat." he closed the front door a fraction to open the closet door.
He slammed the front door shut and put the closet door on top of it in such a way they couldn't open it.
"Mushin go stay with Aunt Addie for a while." he told him. Aunt Addie wasn't really an aunt she was the lady who took care of Mushin when he got too drunk to handle it.
He noticed the urgency in Miroku's voice and left the back way.
Miroku ran to his room and opened his window.
His house was so close to the one next door you could reach out and touch it. He used to go across to make out with the neighbors daughter. Until she moved.
He opened the window like he used to and hoped across.
He ran out of her house and out into her back yard and hopped fences until he came to a road and there he took off down the street.
******
Kagome was laughing with Inuyasha and her family cradiling another cup when someone knocked. "Ill get it." her mom called.
She opened the door and was talking to someone.
After a moment she came back in with Kagomes snow boots and Inuyasha's shoes.
"Hurry some so called cops are here looking for you two. You have to leave."
They started to put on their shoes when Inuyasha asked, "How do you know their fake?"
"Darling i volenteer at the police station all the time I know all the cops there."
They asked no more questions.
Her mom Kagome and Inuyasha ran to the back door.
"Here is the key to the shop i work at in the mall. the back door in always open go in through there. Here are some blankets. 4. and 4 pillows. Take whatever you need. Go!"
Inuyasha grabbed the stuff and ran out the door taking Kagome's hand with him.
They ran into the city.
Somewhere along the way they met Sango then Miroku. No one asked where they were going they just followed Inuyasha.

*************

SRY FOR THE WAIT HOPE U LIKED. I LUV CLIFFIES. *LAUGHS EVILY.