InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Separation ❯ Runaway ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha related things.
 
Ducks chairs and fruit from angry readers* ahhhh I'm sry I really am iv just had no time iv had to study for finals and mom decided that spring cleaning was to come later this year. Sry sry sry but iv been thinking long about wut this chapie should be about so plz forgive and now that's its summer break I can update a lot more so plz im sry .
 
CHAPTER 13: Runaway
 
 
“Hurry Inu.” Miroku said quietly as Inuyasha worked on getting open the back door of Kagome's mom's shop in the mall. He was so absorbed in his work that he didn't even try to correct him. After a little bit more frantic key turns, the door popped open.
He hurried them all in checking to see if any “cops” were watching before going in him self.
He relocked the door just in case before turning around. Sango was in Miroku's arms and Kagome was panting from the run. Then he realized that he was too.
“What are we going to do?” Sango asked. Inuyasha started. He had never heard Sango sounding so weak and scared before.
“Lets take it one step at a time.” Miroku nodded. “We can't stay here,” he continued, “they open at 10. We need to go somewhere else. Any ideas?” he asked.
Sango closed her eyes tears springing up in them. Even Miroku seemed out of ideas.
“Why don't we camp out?” Kagome said in a small voice. “Huh?” Inuyasha asked turning to her.
“You know,” she said looking at them, “we're in the mall. We have anything we need. Camping supplies, clothes, food, even shoes. Why don't we take some of the stuff?” She looked around at them.
“Because that would be stealing.” Sango piped up. “If we're not wanted by the real cops now we would be then.”
“What if we leave them the money?” Inuyasha said. “What do you mean?” Miroku asked.
“Well, my father has a lot of cash what if we like, I don't know, leave a number at each store so they call my dad and get him to pay for it?” They thought about it for a minuet.
“That could work.” Sango said stepping out of Miroku's arms. “We could go around the mall all getting different things we need then meet back here and leave.” They nodded.
“That might work.” Kagome said looking thoughtful.
“Yeah but just one problem,” Miroku said, “how are we going to get where we're going. 3 teenagers walking around the streets at night loaded with stuff 2 of which are barefoot. We'll be taken in for sure.”
The hopeful sparkle died from their eyes. He was right. “What if we barrowed a car?” Inuyasha said. They looked at him. “One of us could go to a dealer and jack a car and leave the same note there as we'll do at the stores here.”
“Wait I can't hotwire a car.” Kagome said. “We won't need to. I got an idea.” Inuyasha said.
 
* * * * * * *
 
Sango poked her head around the corner. There was probably no guard on Christmas Eve but they had to be sure.
No one.
She walked around and took out a bobby pin she had gotten from Kagome's mom's shop and started on the lock. It opened after a minuet.
Sango your like the only one good at camping. You have to get us what we need okay.”
Miroku had told her. She walked through the store. Off the bat she grabbed bug repellent off the front desk. On a piece of paper she wrote “2 bug repellent” and then moved on. She looked at tents, fishing poles, matches, sleeping bags, even a map.
She got a lot off stuff. One by one she took the stuff they need back to the front desk and wrote everything down on the paper.
She was trying to find some pans to cook the food on when she say a cart like thing in the corner. They did need to transport a lot of stuff. She walked over to it and steered it to the front.
Before long she had everything she needed.
She looked at her list to make sure then bent down to put Inuyasha's father's number on it. “Call to get the money for the things we took.” She ended it.
One by one she piled the stuff onto the cart. Then left.
 
* * * * * *
 
“It's not stealing we're paying for everything. It's not stealing we're paying for everything.” Kagome had to say to her self before she took anything.
She was looking for their clothes and shoes. It was her mom's store she was looking in. But it didn't make the prospect of stealing it any better.
They had given her their measurements before taking off. They even took bobby pins to pick the locks on stuff. She flew through the store getting clothes that could stand outdoor wear, some clothes to take for disguise if need, wigs, makeup, sunglasses, and anything else she saw that she thought they needed.
She got Inuyasha's stuff first. Shoes, clothes, even some fake piercing she had seen. She walked to the first cash register and wrote down the number on the bar code. She pulled out bags and put his stuff in before going to Miroku.
It took sometime before she was finished. Inuyasha had come back by the time she had. He didn't say a word to her, just took the stuff she brought back and wrote the bar codes for her while she got more stuff. He never questioned what she brought.
She had just finished a last sweep of the store and came back like 2 items, she came into view of the register and her friends were already assembled. Sango and Miroku we both standing next to carts laden with things and Inuyasha was putting some of the bags she had filled onto them.
 
* * * * * *
 
Miroku was in charge of food and drink. He was heading to the food court when he saw a cart filled with boxes. He walked over to it. Each box was labeled Victoria's Secret.
His perverted side demanded he open them and inspect the merchandise, but a more sensible side screamed to unload the boxes and take the cart.
So that's what he did.
He stopped at the food court and looked at each restaurant. His orders were to get food that didn't spoil easily.
His first stop was a place titled, Authentic Italian. He hoped the counter to check.
The back room had a microwave and many boxes. He stared confused then walked over to the first box and opened it.
“Authentic Italian my ass.” He said taking out a can of ravioli.
He put it back and grabbed as many boxes as he could. The pizza joint only offered bottled water for him. Which was fine. The chicken place had nothing nor the Chinese place. At the American food place he found bottled soda, buns, and potatoes. He took them.
He hoped around taking what he could making sure he got mostly boxes. When he was finished he walked over to a table and wrote down Inu's dad's number a few times and wrote underneath all “Call for money for missing stuff.”
He ripped the paper in pieces and walked down the isle putting the message at each place he took something.
He took his load and took off. He reentered mom's store after Sango. She was helping Inuyasha pile bags of clothes onto the cart. No one said a word, gave no sign they noticed he was there except that Inuyasha started putting bags on his cart too.
A minuet later Kagome came from behind a shelf holding some stuff.
She wrote down the bar code before putting them in a bag and setting it on Sango's cart.
“Is that all?” Inuyasha asked breaking the heavy silence.
“I got everything we need.” Sango replied. “I hope ya'll like Italian.” Miroku said. “I hope your dad can afford all this.” Kagome answered last.
“Good lets go the rides outback.
They pushed the carts to the back as Inuyasha opened the door.
“Woah.” Miroku said. “You sure know how to pick `em.” Sango stared.
“Fully loaded.” Inuyasha smirked.
 
* * * * * *
 
Inuyasha jumped from each building looking for a good car dealership.
“There.” He said licking his chops seeing a prime place.
He jumped down and landed in the middle. He walked around looking at each one trying to find a good one. It wasn't long. He found it and wrote down the license plate number, price and described it.
He walked up from and picked the lock. Inside he found the alarm and disabled it. Disabled it meaning he ripped it off the wall. At least it wouldn't go off. He found the front desk and searched for the keys. After leaving the note he took off outside.
He unscrewed the plates and switched them with another one and opened the truck and got inside.
He turned it on and the lights blazed revealing a huge black tow-truck.
He turned it out of the lot and out. She purred like a kitten. Low and constant.
Inuyasha made a small side trip to a gas station. He grabbed some things he thought looked promising, paid the nerdy looking kid up front and left.
After pulling into the back of the mall he jumped out and headed in.
Kagome was running around the store grabbing things. Inuyasha headed to the front and picked up her list. He noted the bar codes she had used.
Not a second later she came up to him her arms laden with clothes a pair of shoes and some other things. He said nothing just took them from her and started writing.
They worked quietly and quickly.
Sango came in with a cart and he picked up the bags and put them on it.
Not long after Miroku followed.
They walked to the back door and he had to struggle not to laugh at their faces.
“Lets go guys.”
“Here give me the stuff I'll put it in the back.” Kagome said climbing back there.
Miroku picked up a box or a bag and handed it to Sango who grabbed it and ran to Kagome who put it in.
Inuyasha took off the price tag, and went to help.
“I'll drive he said grabbing a box.
No one protested.
“Yash.” Kagome said taking a box from Sango. “Yeah.” He answered getting one from Miroku. “Why do you have two takes of oil and like 6 boxes of nails?”
Sango handed her the last box as Inuyasha started to climb in front. But before he could answer they heard sirens wail.
“Shit!” Inuyasha cried jumping in. Miroku and Sango gasped and ran into the truck.
Kagome sat down not having enough time to climb in.
The “cop” car pulled around the corner just as she grabbed the side. It saw them and picked up its pace.
“GO!” Kagome yelled hitting the side of the truck.
Inuyasha got the message and slammed on the pedal.
Kagome lurched as the truck took off.
She watched helplessly through her blowing hair as they advanced on them and obviously called back up as more cars started popping up.
“Kagome!” she heard someone yell through the wind. She turned around and saw Sango staring at her through the back window.
“Inuyasha says to use the nails.”
Kagome looked back at the oil and nails and realized how stupid they weren't.
Carefully she crawled forward. She opened the first one and grabbed the tail bed.
She spread it as wide as she could. But then something hit her; this trick only works in movies.
But apparently Hollywood got more right then she gave them credit for.
The resounding pop of a tire filled the air as they hit the nails.
Encouraged she grabbed another and spread. One by one she opened and through. It didn't always work one time there was no pop and another she heard 2.
After 6 throws she was out of nails.
3 cruisers still followed. “SHARP TURN!” Sango yelled. Kagome grabbed the truck and not a moment too soon. They took a very sharp left and continued on.
Kagome got up and wasted no time in grabbing an oilcan. Carefully she stood. Inuyasha must have gotten worried because he slowed a little.
She popped the top on the large can and spread it. It went far for one can. A single cruiser messed up and slid into a lamppost. She opened the second and spread it again.
It only took out one car though.
“KAGOME CLIMB IN!” Sango yelled.
Kagome sat back down and crawled over the stuff and to the window.
She fit her head in shoulders in but then stopped.
“Kagome get in hurry!” Inuyasha yelled not taking his eyes off the road.
“Ugh… I…Ugh…Can't. I'm …ugh…stuck.” Miroku turned around and grabbed her arms and started to pull. Sango grabbed her middle.
“Kagome curse you and your big ass!” Sango complained as they pulled. They heard the window complain too as it was pushed open too far.
“Ok hold on.” Miroku said, “On three one, two, THREE!” he cried both of them pulling as Kagome tried to suck in her waist.
“One, two THREE!” he said again. They pulled and pulled.
“On three.” Inuyasha said. “One two THREE!” Sango and Miroku pulled, Kagome sucked, and Inuyasha slammed the brakes.
She flew forward.
“OUCH!”
The “police” cruiser rushed past them.
Kagome sat back in the back rubbing her head where it hit the dash.
“You ok?” Inuyasha asked.
“Peachy.” She complained.
“Good!” He floored the pedal and rushed past the cruiser that had turned around and started going backwards.
Kagome and Sango pushed the window shut as Inuyasha tore down the road taking random lefts and rights. They kept up at every turn.
“Inuyasha you can't outrun them police cars are built with special engines.”
Miroku told him. “Yeah but you know what a truck has the a cruiser don't? OFFROAD!” he yelled turning onto a dirt road and then turning into the trees surrounding it.
He pushed through the trees until the sound of sirens faded.
“Well gang? What camping spot?”
 
 
 
* * * * * ** * * *
 
There end made it long im real tired and I got 2 brats to baby sit tomorrow. *Yawns night.