InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Me, Night ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shadow Me, Night
Summary: One tragic night. One mislead love. One misguided soul brought to one soulless being.
Love found and lost in the period of a night. Lord please help me... “Shadow me, night”
**********************************************************
SesshomaruXKagome
***********************************************************
They met by the Goshinbuku eighteen moon cycles ago. He was standing by the tree looking over his lands, and she was running from yet another encounter with the hanyou and his dead lover. But somewhere along the line it had become more of an enjoyable meeting rather then an accidental coincidence.
It was a rainy evening, but no one took it as an omen.
They had met as usual, Kagome in tears seeing the latest show put on by InuYasha and Kikyo and Sesshomaru there to offer comfort. Kikyo and InuYasha had gone much to far this round. Kagome had just rounded the corner to the Goshinbuku, with tear-filled eyes and her palms clutched so tightly that blood was dripping down.
She had no idea why she had gotten so upset. She didn't love InuYasha anymore, so why did it bother her?
Maybe the fact that he still chose to lie to her when everyone- including HER -knew where he was off to.
 
“Kagome... what's wrong?” Sesshomaru asked the second she ran into his arms. Though he had held her before, she had never ran into his arms the way she had now.
She didn't answer yet, only tried to regain her composure. Sesshomaru rubbed her back in attempts to console her.
“It ... it was InuYasha ... I saw him and Kikyo... “
 
Damn my half-brother Sesshomaru growled at the thought of InuYasha and the dead priestess
 
“And what Kagome?”
 
“They.. they were “ she blushed trying to say it but Sesshomaru understood. He growled in anger at his pathetic half-brother and clutched Kagome tighter. She wrapped her arms around his torso and snuggled into his warmth.
Her tears finally subsided and she stayed wrapped in his arms.
 
“Kagome, we should get you back to the village, you're friends are probably worried” he said soothingly. She nodded and the left. They chose to walk back for separate reasons. Sesshomaru, thinking of revenge plots for InuYasha, and Kagome , not wanting to return incase he was there.
 
Upon reaching the hut they heard InuYasha screaming.
 
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE KAGOME IS?! HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU NOT!?” InuYasha bellowed
 
“Look InuYasha, she left about two hours ago. Relax she'll be fine” Sango said not wanting to tell the ranting half demon where she really was.
 
“Inu-baby please she is not worth your time” Kikyo said sleazily.
 
“You're right Kikyo” InuYasha said calming down. About that time Kagome and Sesshomaru chose to enter the hut.
 
“Kagome. Where . where. You.?!” InuYasha gritted through his teeth. He sniffed around for a second before actually noticing Sesshomaru
 
“YOU WERE WITH MY BASTARD OF BROTHER?! KAGOME HOW COULD YOU BETRAY ME?”
 
“YOU WERE WITH KIKYO ALL THIS TIME AS WELL SO I SHOULD ASK YOU THE SAME!”
 
The group looked at the arguing pair as Sesshomaru seemed to shrink in the background.
 
“KAGOME IT'S DIFFERENT SESSHOMARU TRIED TO KILL YOU ON MANY OCCASIONS”
 
“OHH LIKE KIKYO DIDN'T TRY TO KILL YOU!?”
 
“I LOVE KIKYO! SHE WOULD NEVER TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT WITH ME”
 
“ BULL SHIT INUYASHA SHE TRIED TO KILL YOU AND SHE TRIED TO KILL ME”
 
“WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO GET RID OF YOUR COPY?!” as soon as he said that he regretted it
 
“So that's it is it. This is what it comes down to. That's all you ever saw me as, Kikyo's copy? Not even as a friend huh? InuYasha ...” she had an icy cold tone that made Sesshomaru proud.
 
“Yea what is it?” he asked in fear
 
“I. HATE. YOU” she screamed followed by “SIT ,SIT, SIT, SIT ,SIT, SIT ,SIT, SIT ,SIT, SIT, SIT, SIT ,SIT” which was of course followed by the sound of the earth cracking.
 
When InuYasha was finally able to move he walked straight up to Kagome
 
“You bitch...you fucking little whore how dare you! I protect you all these years and you ...” he was cut off when Kagome's hand smacked his face with the loudest pop that all of Japan probably heard.
 
“Don't you dare call me a whore or a bitch when you go around sleeping with Kikyo when ever you please, but you get jealous and pissed at me for talking to another man...damn you InuYasha” she said rigidly.
 
InuYasha made a move as if he was going to hit her when Sesshomaru stepped in
 
“InuYasha if you lay so much as one hand on Kagome, I'll rip you apart along with your little whore girlfriend” Sesshomaru threatened as he cracking his knuckles.
 
“Fine. Whatever who needs that little bitch anyway..” he said
 
Tears began to fall shortly after. Sesshomaru placed a comforting hand on Kagome's shoulder, but she shrugged it off as she ran out of the hut and towards the forest.
 
Sesshomaru began to chase after her and followed her to the edge of a cliff.
 
“Sesshomaru... don't save me this time.” She begged as she let herself fall over the cliff.
 
“Shadow me night” she whispered into the foggy night air as she fell to the cold hard ground beneath.
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
A/N yea another odd one from me but though it was a little rushed I thought it was good.
R/R