InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow Thieves ❯ The Darkened Past and Surprising Future ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-The Next Morning-
“Lyra... Lyra... WAKE UP LYRA!” yelled Janni. “Ughh... Janni...5 more minutes!” mumbled Lyra. Hikari (Kari) sighed and kicked Lyra. She immediately woke up. Kari then continued to cook breakfast. Lyra went to help Kari while Janni went to get water. Lyra was a cheerful girl who made people smile. But she hadn't always been that perky. Lyra had been 6 when she had been thrown out of her village because she was demon. Her younger brother was still at their village so she thought constantly of him. Lyra was a full earth demon so she can control plants. Janni was a quick-tempered, reckless, and tricky girl. She liked to make mischief and liked to play pranks and tricks. Janni had once lived in a grand house with her older brothers and parents. Sadly, someone set fire to their house, which killed her family. Janni was a half water and half ice demon. Hikari was a sly, quiet, and cold girl who was sometimes sly and tricky, but was quick to hide her emotions. She had also been 6 when she had been thrown out of the same village as Lyra because she too was a demon, but Kari was half fire and half dark demon. Kari's brother still lived in their village, so she too thought of him a lot. “Janni! Ly! Breakfast is ready!” yelled Kari. Both girls scrambled over and started to eat. Lyra, although she didn't look like it, uses a thorny vine called the Thorn Whip that REALLY hurt! She also used little daggers called kunei. Janni shaped her weapons out of ice so she could use anything really. Kari uses 3 swords called shurikan and string. After the girls had eaten, they set off to traveling. They had found that the person that had set fire to Janni's house was an evil hanyou* named Naraku, so they were hunting him down. They were also hunting down a certain Miko*2 named Kikyo for helping Naraku. Suddenly, Kari's nose twitched and she yelled, “I smell Naraku, plus blood and smoke over there. She pointed to a certain clearing.
 
-Few Minutes of Running-
When the girls arrived, they saw what used to be a village up in flames. All the villagers were huddled in a corner while Naraku fought 5 people. One, by the looks of it, was a half demon and he held a giant sword. Another was a human girl who looked like she was an exterminator with a huge boomerang. One looked like a monk and another was a girl in strange clothes and she held a bow. The last was a male full demon. Janni quickly made a bow and arrow of ice and shot Naraku in his chest. Lyra quickly threw kunei and then Kari slashed him to bits (2 swords she held in her hands, and 1 in her mouth). Unfortunately, it was a fake Naraku (Awww, man!). As the group of 5 stared at them, the girls' eyes widened. It was... it was... “Inuyasha, Sesshomaru?” asked Janni softly. “Janni?” said the 2 male demons. “Janni, is that really you?” asked the half demon named Inuyasha. “Onii-chans!” yelled Janni as she raced over to the demons and hugged them so hard that they turned purple in the face. Sesshomaru (the full demon (Sess for short)) looked frazzled, but patted her and said, “Welcome back, Imotos*3!” Then Inuyasha saw Kari and Lyra and hugged them too. Lyra hugged back, while Kari merely patted his back. “Inuyasha, Sesshomaru? Do you know these guys?” asked the girl with the boomerang. “Oh yeah, Janni, Kari, Lyra, these are my friends: Miroku, Sango, and Kagome. Guys, this is my sis Janni and my 2 adopted sisters, Hikari or Kari for short, and Lyra.” The strange-looking girl said. “Oh hi, I'm Kagome, and Sango's the one with the boomerang.” “I'm Miroku, and will you bear my child?” the monk asked Kari. Kari sighed and knocked Miroku out cold.
 
-Few Days Later-
“Onii-chan, may we please rest? We've been walking for 7 hours straight!” Janni whined. “We'll stop at the next village.” Promised Inuyasha with a sigh. The next village happened to be a very large village with a sign. Kari stiffened and said, “Konoha.” Lyra also stiffened and looked kinda scared as Kari's eyes flashed slightly red (Kari's eyes go red when she's pissed or scared). “Oh, so is that the village's name?” asked Sango. When Lyra and Kari didn't answer, Janni explained, “Yes, this is Konohamaru, or Konoha, the village hidden in the leaves. Kari and Lyra were thrown out of this village because they were demon.” Inuyasha growled and Sesshomaru's gaze grew cold. Even though Kari and Lyra were not related to Inuyasha and Sess, they cared for the 2 girls a lot. “It's alright. Let's go in.” Lyra said nervously. As the group reached the gate, the guards yelled, “Who are you?” “I'm Lyra Uzumaki, shinobi*4 of the Leaf Village. We have come to see the Hokague*5.” Lyra said. “Wait a minute,” yelled a female voice. Then, as the gates opened, they saw a woman looking straight at them. She was tall and looked like she was in her 20s. She had a short, spiky, black ponytail and brown eyes. Kari's and Lyra's eyes widened and Kari whispered, “Anko nee-chan*6?” (BWAHAHA! CLIFHANGER! I'M EVIL!)
 
*Hanyou=Half-demon
*2Miko=Priestess
*3Imoto=Younger sister
*4Shinobi=Citizen
*5Hokague=Village leader
*6Nee-chan=Older sister